Nyxdsync.exe is a file that is a part of the NVIDIA Driver Component. This file is located in the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display folder. Many users find Nyxdsync Exe errors on their computers. To understand what is Nvxdsync error, let us understand why this nvxdsync exe error occurs on your computer and how to fix it.
How to Fix Nvxdsync exe Error in Windows 10
There can be various reasons for this error to occur. Some of the possible reasons are mentioned below.
- lagging of the driver
- Troubled processing of graphic cards
- Outdated drivers
- Errors caused by faulty drivers
- Malware or a virus
- Corrupted system files
The following guide will give you methods to fix Nvxdsync Exe error.
Method 1: Restart PC
Most of the time, Nvxdsync Exe error is not a major threat to your PC. The lagging of the driver can easily trigger this error. You can avoid this by simply restarting your PC.
1. Click on the Start Menu button.
2. Click on the Power option.
3. Click on Restart.
4. Wait for the system to restart and wait a few moments.
Method 2: Change Windows Theme
Nvxdsync.exe error occurs during the graphic card’s processing of the 3D files; the error can be a lag experienced by Windows. You can resolve this error by changing the Windows theme to basic.
1. Right-click on the desktop, and click on Personalize.
2. From the left-side menu, click on Themes.
3. From the Change Theme option, select a basic Windows theme.
Also Read: Fix NVIDIA Container High CPU Usage on Windows 10
Method 3: Update NVIDIA Driver
An outdated NVIDIA driver can also cause nvxdsync exe error. You can resolve this issue by updating the driver from the device manager. Read our guide on 4 ways to update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10.
Method 4: Reinstall NVIDIA Driver
If the NVIDIA driver continues to cause trouble, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA driver. Read our guide on how to uninstall and reinstall drivers on Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening
Method 5: Stop NVIDIA Driver Display Service
You can resolve Nvxdsync Exe error by disabling the NVIDIA Driver Display service. You can follow these simple steps to disable the NVIDIA driver display service.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run prompt.
2. In the Run prompt, type services.msc and click OK.
3. In the Services window, locate NVIDIA Display Driver.
4. Double-click on the NVIDIA Display Driver.
5. Set the Startup type as Disabled.
6. Restart your computer.
Method 6: Run Microsoft Safety Scanner
Often, the Nyxdsync.exe file may contain a virus or malware. If the file is a virus, this can be threatening to your system. You can try to use the Microsoft Safety Scanner to fix the issue caused by the nyxdsync.exe file. Follow these simple steps to use the Microsoft Safety Scanner.
Note: You can locate the Nyxdsync.exe file in the Display folder in NVIDIA Program Files. If you don’t find the Nyxdync.exe file, the error can be caused by malware.
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner.
2. After downloading, run the MSERT.exe setup file. Follow the installation instructions and click on the Next > option.
3. Choose a type of scan and the folder you want to scan and click on the Next > option.
4. Wait for the scan to finish and reboot the PC.
Note: If the Microsoft Safety Scanner finds malware in the file, it will remove it from your computer.
Also Read: What is NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible?
Method 7: Run Malware Scan
If Nvxdsync Exe error is caused by malware, you can also try performing a scan You can check out the How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer? And the How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10 guides to understand how to remove malware from your computer.
Method 8: Permanently Delete Nvxdsync.exe File
Here is how to fix nvxdsync exe error by permanently deleting the file.
1. Right-click on the Start Menu and click on Task Manager.
2. In the Task Manager window, right-click on NVIDIA driver process and select End task.
3. Close the window and type Nvxdsync.exe on the Windows Search bar.
4. Navigate to the file location and manually Delete it.
Also Read: Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available Error
Method 9: Repair System Files
If none of the methods work for you, try performing an SFC scan on your computer. SFC scan will look for corrupted system files and fix the issue. Read our guide on how to repair system files on Windows 10.
Wait for the scan to finish and restart the PC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is Nyxdsync.exe file a virus?
Ans. No, the Nyxdsync.exe file is not a virus itself; however, this file can be infected by malware and cause threats to the system.
Q2. How to remove the Nyxdsync.exe file from my computer?
Ans. There are many ways to remove the Nyxdsync.exe file from your PC. You can even simply delete this file after locating it.
Q3. What causes Nyxdsync.exe error?
Ans. There can be various ways for the Nyxdsync.exe error to occur on your PC. The reasons include a system lag, malware, or even a system file error.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to fix nvxdsync exe error on your computer. Comment down and let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share them with us.