If you are an Android user and you are having trouble streaming Netflix due to Error 5.7, then you have come to the right place. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to fix Netflix Error 5.7 on Android. We will discuss the possible causes of this error and provide you with solutions to help you get back to streaming your favorite shows and movies. So, let’s get started!
Fix Netflix Error 5.7 on Android
1. Restart your device: Restarting your device can often fix minor software issues.
2. Clear the Netflix app data: Go to Settings > Apps > Netflix > Storage > Clear Data.
3. Update the Netflix app: Go to the Google Play Store and check for updates for the Netflix app.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app: Uninstall the Netflix app and then reinstall it from the Google Play Store.
5. Check your internet connection: Make sure your device is connected to a stable internet connection.
6. Check your device’s date and time settings: Go to Settings > Date & Time and make sure the settings are correct.
Planning to stay in during your holiday and all set to binge-watch your favorite movie or series on the Netflix platform? As a measure of pre-planned activities, did you download the content beforehand on the Netflix app on your Android phone? Now, did you receive an error message that states Netflix error 5.7 Android? If you are facing similar issues and are trying to find the answer to resolve the error message, then you are in the right spot. The article attempts to answer the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7 Android phone.
How to Fix Netflix Error 5.7 on Android
In this article, we have shown the steps to fix Netflix error 5.7 on Android device in detail.
Note: The settings specified in the article correspond to a Samsung Galaxy A21s phone and are bound to change based on the manufacturer and model type.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
The simplest approach to fix the error is to try implementing the basic troubleshooting methods given here.
1A. Restart Netflix App
As a foremost activity, try restarting the Netflix app on your phone. This would clear all the temporary glitches and issues in the Netflix app.
1. Press the task view icon at the bottom-left corner of the phone.
2. Tap on the close all option to close the background applications.
3. Swipe the screen upwards gently and tap on the Netflix app to open it.
1B. Restart Phone
The major glitches and issues on your phone that might be causing the error can be cleared with a simple restart or reboot. Follow the instructions in the guide given here to learn the method to reboot your Android phone.
1C. Relogin to Netflix App
If the glitch with the Netflix account is causing the error, you can try resigning into your account to fix it. This would clear all the halted processes and you can continue streaming on the app without Netflix error 5.7 Android.
1. Swipe the screen upwards and tap on the Netflix app.
2. Tap on the profile icon and tap on the SIGN OUT option.
3. Tap on the SIGN IN option at the top-right corner.
4. Enter the login credentials and tap on the SIGN IN button to re-login to your account.
Also Read: Fix Netflix Error Code NW-6-503
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues
One of the major reasons for the error is the improper Internet connection, and the issues can be resolved by following the methods given here.
Option I: Use Another Wi-Fi Network
If the Internet connection you have connected is insufficient to support the streaming, you may encounter this error message. As an answer to the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7 Android, you can try switching to another Wi-Fi network and try streaming on the Netflix app.
1. Swipe the screen upwards gently and tap on the Settings app.
2. Tap on the Connections tab.
3. Toggle on the Wi-Fi option.
4. Tap on the specific Wi-Fi network to which you would like to connect.
Option II: Check Server Status
If the Netflix server is down due to some maintenance or issues, you may encounter this error. You can try investigating if the server is operational or not.
1. Open the Google Chrome app on your PC.
2. Open the official website to check the server status and inspect the result.
If the server is up, the error might occur due to other reasons on your phone. You can try using any of the methods given further to fix the error.
Also Read: 5 Netflix Proxy Detected Error Fix
Method 3: Force Stop Netflix App
If the Netflix app is displaying the error even though the server is operational, it might be caused due to a glitch in the app. You can try force-stopping the app and then relaunching it to fix the error.
Note: Here are the steps from the Honor Play device.
1. Launch the Settings app on your device.
2. Tap on the Apps setting.
3. Tap on the Netflix app in the list.
4. Tap on FORCE STOP.
5. Tap on the OK option on the confirmation pop-up message.
6. Launch the Netflix app by following the instruction given earlier.
Also Read: How to Fix Netflix Error Code M7111-1101
Method 4: Clear Netflix App Cache
If the cached data or the temporary data files of the Netflix app are stored on your phone, the error might occur. You can try clearing the cached data of the app to fix Netflix error 5.7 Android.
1. As explained above, open the Settings app, tap on the Apps tab, and tap on the Netflix app on the list.
2. Tap on the Storage option.
3. Tap on the Clear cache option at the bottom-right corner.
Also Read: Fix Unexpected Error on Netflix
Method 5: Clear Data of Netflix App
Another option to fix the error is to clear the app data of the Netflix app. However, this method clears all the stored data such as login credentials of the app.
1. Follow the instructions given earlier in Method 4 to access the Storage page of the Netflix app using the Settings app.
2. Tap on the Clear data option at the bottom-left corner.
3. Tap on the OK option on the confirmation screen.
4. Open the Netflix app from the main menu and log in to your account.
Method 6: Update Netflix App
If the Netflix app is outdated on your phone, you may face this error. You can try updating the app to the latest version using the Play Store app to fix the error.
1. Open the Play Store app using the main menu.
2. Tap on the profile icon at the top-right corner.
3. Tap on the Manage apps & device option.
4. Tap on the Updates available option in the Overview tab.
5. Tap on the Update button next to the Netflix app.
Also Read: Fix Error Code u7121 3202 in Netflix
Method 7: Reinstall Netflix App
As an answer to the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7 Android, you can try following the instructions in the method. If all of the methods fail in fixing the error, you can try reinstalling the Netflix app on your phone. This would help in clearing all the issues in the app and you can start streaming afresh.
Step I: Uninstall Netflix App
The first step in this method is to uninstall the installed version of the Netflix app.
1. Launch the Google Play Store app and search for Netflix.
2. Tap on the Uninstall button.
3. Tap on the Uninstall option to confirm the action.
Step II: Reinstall Netflix App
The next step is to reinstall the latest version of the Netflix app and log in using your account.
1. Use the instruction explained earlier to open the Play Store app.
2. Search for the Netflix app using the search bar.
3. Tap on the Install button and wait till the app is installed.
Note: In some models, the app is pre-installed, tap on the Enable button in such cases.
4. Open the Netflix app from the home menu by following the instruction given earlier.
Method 8: Disable VPN Service
If you are using any VPN service on your phone, you may face Netflix error 5.7 Android. You can try disabling the service from the connections option on your phone to fix the error.
Note: Below steps are from the Honor Play device.
1. Open the Settings app and tap on Wireless & networks.
2. Then, open the VPN menu.
3. Now, tap on the connected VPN and select DISCONNECT to disable the VPN.
Also Read: Fix Netflix Error Code UI3012
Method 9: Update Phone
If you are using an outdated version of the Android software, this error might occur. Follow the instructions given in the link here to learn the method to update the android phone.
The answers to the question of how to fix Netflix error 5.7 Android are discussed in the article. Kindly use the comments section to let us know of your valuable suggestions and queries. Also, please let us know which of these methods helped you resolve the error and let you stream your content.
Fix Netflix Error 5.7 on Android
Are you getting Netflix Error 5.7 on your Android device? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This error is a common issue that can be easily fixed. Here are some steps you can take to get your Netflix streaming back up and running.
Step 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The first step is to make sure your internet connection is working properly. Try restarting your router or modem and see if that helps. If not, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or using your mobile data connection.
Step 2: Clear the Netflix App Data
If your internet connection is working properly, the next step is to clear the Netflix app data. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Netflix > Storage > Clear Data. This will reset the app and hopefully fix the error.
Step 3: Update the Netflix App
If clearing the app data didn’t work, try updating the Netflix app. To do this, open the Google Play Store, search for Netflix, and tap the Update button. This should fix the error.
Step 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix App
If updating the app didn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Netflix > Uninstall. Then, open the Google Play Store, search for Netflix, and install the app.
Step 5: Contact Netflix Support
If none of the above steps worked, it’s time to contact Netflix support. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your streaming back up and running.