NieR Automata is an action role-playing game that was launched in 2017 as a sequel to the 2010 video game NieR by PlatinumGames. The game is available to play on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Windows PC. The game is filled with battles that are high-speed and action-packed. But unfortunately, many have not been able to enjoy NieR Automata’s magnificent features due to the Fullscreen resolution problem in NieR. If you are someone facing the same issue then we have a perfect guide for you that will help you to fix Fullscreen resolution problem in NieR which brings performance improvements to the game as well. So, let us begin to fix this most frequent complaint and NieR Automata system requirements made by NieR players with the most efficient solutions.
How to Fix Fullscreen Resolution Problem in NieR
NieR Automata is an amazing game but players often miss a chance to fully explore it due to their inability to change the game resolution and the reasons that are behind this can vary from issues with the game to system incompatibility. Below are a couple of causes that are briefly mentioned which have been recognized as culprits:
- Outdated drivers
- Bugs in NieR Automata game
- Issues with GPU scaling settings
- Issues with NieR Automata settings
- Second monitor causes resolution issues
- Incompatibility between NieR and the system
Can I Run NieR Automata?
Yes, you can certainly run NieR Automata if you are using a PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, or Windows PC. Windows users can check details about CPU, operating system, disk space required, graphics and sound card, and additional requirements that are needed to run the game on their PC.
Even after all the above-mentioned issues that stop you from using NieR Automata in full resolution, there are suitable and effective solutions that can help you to get over them. To discuss them further in detail, let us look into the methods given below:
NieR Automata System Requirements
The first method that is certainly more important to attempt before jumping onto others is to check if your system is compatible and meets the requirements that are needed to run NieR Automata. If you are wondering, can I run NieR Automata, then minimum requirements will help you to answer that question as they are necessary to be met to launch the game while recommended requirements are also given which when met, enhance the gaming experience even more.
- The minimum requirements for the operating system are Windows 7/8.1/10 64bit while recommended are Windows 8.1/10 64bit.
- The processor for your system under minimum requirements needs to be Intel Core i3 2100 or AMD A8-6500 and recommended requirements for it are Intel Core i5 4670 or AMD A10-7850K.
- The minimum memory requirement is 4 GB RAM and the recommended is 8 GB RAM.
- The minimum requirements for graphics include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 VRAM 2 GB or AMD Radeon R9 270X VRAM 2GB whereas recommended include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 VRAM 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 380X VRAM 4GB.
- DirectX requirement for minimum and recommended is Version 11.
- The Network requirement for both is Broadband Internet Connection.
- Storage needed for both is 50 GB of available space.
- Sound card requirement for minimum and recommended is DirectX 11 supported.
- Additional requirements for both include Mouse, Keyboard, and a Gamepad.
- The Screen resolution for the minimum requirement is 1280×720 and the recommended one is 1920×1080.
Method 1: Update Graphics Drivers
If your PC meets NieR Automata system requirements and you are still facing resolution issues with the game, then the next method that can help you fix the problem is to update the drivers. If your system has outdated graphics card drivers. You can either do it manually or take the help of driver updating tools. To do it manually or via an app, you can check our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10, which will help you with step-by-step instructions to perform the method.
Method 2: Use Shortcut Keys
Using Alt + Enter shortcut is easy and has been an effective way to resolve the issue of the Fullscreen problem in NieR. This method, when repeated every time while playing the game, has seemed to be helpful in expanding the screen to Fullscreen mode. This workaround method can be applied using the steps given below:
1. Launch NieR Automata and tweak its settings by starting the game in Windowed mode.
2. Now, press Alt + Enter keys simultaneously.
After the actions are performed, the game will change to Fullscreen mode.
Also Read: Fix Steam Game Randomly Uninstalled Itself on Windows 10
Method 3: Change GPU Scaling Settings
Tweaking GPU scaling settings can also help you out with the Fullscreen resolution problem in NieR on your system. It helps in expanding the gaming aspects to the full size of the monitor and hence, it comes quite handy to resolve the Fullscreen issue in NieR.
Note: The following steps are for AMD graphics card users.
1. Right-click on an empty space in Desktop and select AMD Radeon Setting.
2. Locate and select the GPU scaling setting in it.
3. Change the GPU scaling setting to the Full panel and save the changes.
Once the changes have been made, try to launch NieR Automata and check if it launches in full mode.
Method 4: Disconnect Second Monitor
If none of the methods have worked till now for you then the issue can be with using a second monitor as mentioned in the causes above. Therefore, you can try disconnecting it for the benefit of the game. Even though the second monitor helps in enhancing the game performance, it can also cause other issues. You can also try disabling the second monitor from the screen resolution of your system with the help of the following steps:
1. Right-click anywhere on the screen of your desktop and click on Display settings from the menu displayed.
2. Locate Multiple displays and select the second monitor to disable it.
Now that the second monitor is disabled, try to run the game and check if the Fullscreen issue is resolved.
Also Read: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License
Method 5: Use Windowed Borderless Gaming Software
The Next method that is extremely helpful in eliminating the Fullscreen resolution problem in NieR is using Windowed Borderless Gaming software. The software does not really help with the Fullscreen mode but allows users to experience the game in Windowed Borderless mode. This mode is almost similar to the Fullscreen experience and hence you can apply it to your system using the steps given below:
1. Launch NieR Automata on your system and run it in Windowed mode.
2. Now, download and launch Windowed Borderless Gaming Software.
3. Next, in the system tray, click on Windowed Borderless Gaming in the bottom right corner.
4. Click on the Add window from the menu.
Once the steps are complete, open the NieR Automata window and the game will start in the Borderless Windowed mode.
Method 6: Use FAR Mod
FAR aka Fix Automata Resolution helps in improving the loading time and also helps in playing NieR in Fullscreen mode. Thus, using FAR mod can be helpful in resolving the issue on your system. You can use the following method to use FAR:
1. Download FAR mod on your PC.
2. Now, set the game to run in Windowed mode and change the resolution settings according to your PC.
3. Next, open FAR control panel by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Backspace.
4. Now, open Windows management section.
5. Now, enable Borderless, Fullscreen, and Keep Inside Window options in it.
Once the steps are complete, launch NieR Automata to check Fullscreen issue has been resolved.
Also Read: How to Unlink Nintendo Account from Switch
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the resolution of NieR Automata?
Ans. The resolution of NieR Automata is 720p in portable mode.
Q2. Is NieR Automata on Steam?
Ans. Yes, NieR Automata is available on Steam. To make the gaming experience of NieR on Steam great, you can use FAR mod.
Q3. Can I fix the graphics of NieR Automata?
Ans. Yes, you can change the graphics settings of NieR Automata with the help of the NVIDIA control panel. You can enhance the application settings in it as per your requirement.
Q4. Is NieR Automata on PC better than Steam?
Ans. The newer version of NieR Automata; Become as Gods edition for Windows users runs much better than the Steam version.
Q5. Why does NieR Automata crash so much on my PC?
Ans. NieR Automata crashing is experienced by many users and is rather a very common occurrence that can result from graphics card drivers and their outdated versions.
We hope that our thorough guide was helpful enough in settling your doubts about the fullscreen resolution problem in NieR and you were able to fix the issue with the guidance of the methods mentioned above. If yes, then let us know which method turned out to be useful for you. For suggestions and more queries, leave a comment down below.