Fix Disney Plus Protected Content License Error
Are you facing Disney plus protected content license error? If so then, this technical error is very common for the Disney plus users. This issue occurs mainly for the premium users. We bring to you a helpful guide that will fix Disney plus error code 42. So, continue reading!
How to Fix Disney Plus Protected Content License Error
If you have taken Disney Plus subscription to watch you favorite shows, then you may face Disney plus error code 42. These error code may occur due to various possible reasons. Below, we have listed the possible methods to fix the said error Disney plus code 73.
Method 1: Replace HDMI Cable
Firstly, this error may occur due to damage HDMI cable. You can replace HDMI cable and check if the error persists or not.
1. Check the connected HDMI cable.
2. If the cable is damaged, then replace them with the working one.
Method 2: Restart Device
Restarting the device is the most basic thing to do to fix Disney plus protected content license error.
Option I: Restart PC
1. Close the Disney Plus page on your PC.
2. Hit the Windows key.
3. Click on the Power option.
4. Now, select the Restart option.
5. Finally, visit the Disney Plus website.
Option II: On Roku
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Select the Roku Settings.
3. Then, go to the System setting.
4. Now, select System restart option.
5. Finally, confirm by selecting the Restart option.
6. Now, launch the Disney plus app.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
Option III: On Android
1. Tap on the multitasking icon.
2. Then, swipe up the Hotstar app to close it.
Option IV: On iPhone
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
2. Finally, swipe up the Hotstar app.
If restarting your device and the app did not fix Disney plus protected content license error, then go to the next method.
Also Read: 30 Best Free Chromecast Apps
Method 3: Update Disney Plus App
Option I: On Android
1. Open the Play Store on your device.
2. Type Hotstar in the search bar and tap on the search result.
3. Now, tap on the Update button.
Option II: On iPhone
1. Open App Store on your device.
2. Tap on your Profile.
3. Now, search for Hotstar and tap on Update next to it.
Also Read: How to Reset Amazon Prime Video Pin
Method 4: Reinstall Disney Plus App
Here are the steps to reinstall the Disney Plus app.
Option I: On Android
Follow these steps to reinstall the Disney Plus Hotstar app to fix Disney plus protected content license error.
1. Press on the Hotstar app for few seconds.
2. Tap on Uninstall.
3. Then, tap on OK to confirm the prompt.
4. Now, hold the Power button for few seconds.
5. Tap on Restart.
6. Now, open the Play Store on your device.
7. Type Hotstar in the search bar and tap on the search result.
8. Now, tap on the Install button.
9. Then, tap on the Open button to launch the app.
Also Read: Fix Can’t install app Error Code 910 on Google Play Store
Option II: On iPhone
You can reinstall Disney Plus Hotstar app on iPhone to fix Disney plus protected content license error as shown in the given steps below;
1. Press the Hotstar app icon for few seconds.
2. Then, tap on Remove App.
3. Here, tap on Delete App.
4. Next, tap on Delete.
5. Then, reboot your device.
6. Tap on App Store.
7. Search for the Hotstar app and install it.
Also Read: How Many People Can Watch Disney Plus at Once?
Method 5: Contact Support
If none of the above methods fix Disney plus error code 42 error, then you can contact the Disney Plus Hotstar help center. Here, you can search for your particular error code and read the guide if available to fix the issue or submit a ticket for your problem.
So, we hope you have understood how to fix Disney plus protected content license error with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.