Discord is a well-known communication platform with a large user base. Many gamers and content creators from around the world use Discord to get in touch with people of the same background. Discord offers a number of ways for users to connect. From direct messages to creating a server to connect to a large community, you can certainly do a lot on Discord. While creating a server is a big deal, being the owner of that server is another. A server owner is represented with a crown which some users have been unable to get hold of lately. If you are also facing issues similar to Discord server owner crown not showing then you have come to the right place. We will discuss why is the crown on Discord gone and what can you do to bring it back in the article today. So, let us get started with fixing the crown problem on Discord right away. Continue reading to fix Discord crown icon not showing issue.
How to Fix Discord Server Owner Crown Not Showing
Here, we have given the solutions to fix Discord server owner crown not showing problem in detail.
Why is Discord Server Owner Crown Not Showing?
Discord server owner crown disappearing usually occurs due to the following reasons:
- If you have passed the Discord server ownership over to another user.
- If you have assigned yourself the role that removes the crown.
- If the server owner sorts his/her roles on the server.
Now, that you know why did my server owner crown disappear then read the next section to know the troubleshooting methods to fix this issue.
How to Fix Discord Crown Not Showing Up
On creating a Discord server, the owner of the server gets a small crown symbol beside their username. This symbol shows up on the members’ list sidebar on the right. With this crown’s help, members can easily figure out the owner of the server. However, some owners find it difficult to find this symbol and end up with Discord crown icon not showing. But you do not need to worry as we have gathered some fixes that can help you get back the symbol on your Discord server easily.
Method 1: Remove Admin Permission from Hoisted Roles
The issue of Discord crown not being available might occur due to server admin roles. In case you have hoisted some roles with administrator permissions, you can end up losing the crown symbol. Irrespective of any server member assigned to that role, Discord server owner crown not showing issue can arise if that role exists with administrator rights along with being hoisted. Therefore, you should remove the admin permission from all hoisted roles using the steps given below:
1. Launch Discord and go to the targeted server.
2. Click on the name of the server to open the drop-down menu.
3. Now, click on Server Settings.
4. Next, click on the Roles tab.
5. Now, select a hoisted role and click on the Permissions tab.
6. Next, scroll to the bottom and toggle off the option for Administrator.
7. Now, repeat the steps for other hoisted roles as well.
8. Save the changes made and restart Discord to check if the crown icon issue has been resolved.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Fix Discord Friend Request Failed Error
Method 2: Turn Off Display Role Members Separately Option
Now that you know that one of the answers to why did my server owner crown disappear question is administrator permissions enabled on some roles, it is time to turn them off. As a server owner, you can define roles for the members for better management. You can also offer administrative rights to a role; however, this comes with losing your crown symbol. Therefore, you must turn off the display role members separately option by following the steps given below:
1. Click on the server in Discord where you want the crown back.
2. Now, click on the server name.
3. Next, select Server Settings from the menu.
4. Click on Roles from the left menu.
5. Now, select a role to open settings.
6. Finally, toggle off Display role members separately from online members.
7. Now, repeat the steps for all roles and save the changes.
8. Once done, restart Discord and check if the crown symbol has appeared back.
Also Read: 7 Best Fixes to Discord 1006 Error on Windows 10
Method 3: Create Fake Admin Role
If you are wondering why is the crown on Discord gone then an appropriate answer to it a hoisted role with administrative privileges. This action takes away the crown. To sort it out, you can create a fake admin role because as a server owner you have access to the server’s permissions, no matter the role assigned to you. This is done only to hoist it to show to people and not for a role for the permissions. To know more about how to create a fake admin role, check out the steps below:
1. Launch Discord to open the server and then click on the server name.
2. Click on Server Settings from the menu.
3. Open Roles and click on the Create Role button.
4. Now, assign a name to the role.
5. Next, click on the Manage Members tab.
6. Now, click on the Add Members button.
7. In it, add yourself as a member and save the changes.
8. Now, go back to the Roles and drag the newly created role to the top.
9. Finally, save the changes and restart Discord.
Method 4: Remove Admin Rights for Self-Role
Finally, to fix Discord crown not showing up, you can try disabling admin permission for self-role. This method comes in handy if you have any role assigned to you, you can remove the admin rights from your role and fix crown not showing up issues. It does not matter if you have a role with administrator permissions or not, to run your server as the owner, you don’t need a role with special privileges. Therefore, simply move forward with removing the admin right for self-role.
What is the Need for a Discord Crown?
Discord crown icon not showing is an issue faced by a number of server owners. While the issue is debatable, it is also important to know the need for a Discord crown and why is it crucial to get it back if it disappears:
- The Discord crown symbol helps server members easily recognize the server.
- The crown icon also makes the process of communicating easier and more fluent with the server owner.
- The crowd icon is a reliable way of separating the owner from thousands of other server members.
- It is also helpful for server members to reach out to the server owner easily and fast if they need help.
- The crown icon also saves the mischief under which other members can claim themselves to be the owner.
Also Read: Fix Discord Stuck on the Connecting Screen
How to Get Discord Server Owner Crown
If Discord server owner crown not showing issue arises, you don’t have to worry as you can get it displayed again just by changing the roles.
1. Launch Discord and right-click on the server of your choice.
2. Now, click on Server Settings and open the Roles tab.
3. In the Roles tab, click on the role created by you.
4. Now, open Role Settings and toggle off Display role members separately from online members.
5. Now, check this setting off for every role created by you.
6. Finally, press Ctrl + R keys simultaneously and restart Discord to check if the crown symbol has appeared again.
Also Read: Fix Discord Not Detecting Battle Net Problem
How to Remove Discord Crown
While the Discord crown is a great asset for some, others might want Discord server owner crown not showing on their server. If you are one of them and want to know how to remove the Discord crown, then follow the steps given below:
1. Launch the Discord application and right-click on the server.
2. Next, click on the server to open its Server Settings.
3. Now, open the Roles tab.
4. Now, you will be able to see @everyone in the Roles tab.
5. Next, add a new role by clicking on the + sign.
6. Now, assign a name and color to it.
7. Next, scroll down to Role Settings and toggle on Display role members separately from online members.
8. Toggle on/off to give permission to a role according to your needs.
9. Finally, select Save Changes and press Ctrl + R keys together after refreshing Discord.
To add more roles, you can repeat the steps.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Discord server owner crown not showing. We hope that we were able to answer all your queries about why did my server owner crown disappear, Discord server owner crown icon, why is it important, and how to remove and get it back. Do let us know if you have other queries, suggestions, or doubts by dropping them in the comments section below.