If you are experiencing an issue with Discord channel verification being too high, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.
1. Check your server settings. Make sure that the verification level is set to the appropriate level for your server.
2. Check your user roles. Make sure that the roles assigned to users are appropriate for the level of verification you have set.
3. Check your server rules. Make sure that the rules you have set are appropriate for the level of verification you have set.
4. Check your server moderation. Make sure that the moderation settings are appropriate for the level of verification you have set.
5. If all else fails, contact Discord support for further assistance.
In addition to encouraging you to like, comment, and share their video or post, subscribe to their channel, or follow their page, when was the last time a YouTuber or a creator on any other social media platform informed you that you can join their Discord server? Social media platforms are the primary medium for creators to reach their digital audience when they post videos or any type of content. The target audience for these creators is the audience that is present and active on those platforms and interested in the types of videos one or the other creator makes. Whether on YouTube or another platform, to gain a base that keeps growing, it is imperative to form a community, a family around the viewers. This will connect the creator with their audience. In this article, we take a look at why is Discord channel verification too high. Moreover, let us learn the ways to fix discord channel verification level is too high.
How to Fix Discord Channel Verification Too High
A Discord channel is a part of the community’s or individual’s server created by the creator or streamer. If I were to explain channels in terms of a mango man, channels are like the different rooms for different purposes inside a house, which is basically the server created by the user. A channel can be based on anything the owner of the server wants it to be. This includes a talk and interactive channel to just chat with the audience or even a stream channel to stream games or other activities and so on. Each channel can be dedicated to a different topic with different sets of rules while being on the same server.
Verification of your channel’s authenticity bolsters the credibility of your community for members or viewers who are interested in joining or have already joined. Consequently, it greatly enhances their ability to distinguish between fake and legitimate servers and channels. In addition, verification filters trash and keeps the channel free of unnecessary bots and traffic to prevent a cluttered server.
Try adjusting the verification level. If your verification level is currently set to high, try lowering it to medium or low to make it easier for users to join your channel. To adjust the verification level, go to Server Settings > Moderation > Verification Level.
Meaning of Channel Verification Level is Too High
You might wonder why there are different levels of verification on a channel and what does it mean when channel verification is too high on Discord. A verification level is a security criterion a user needs to meet before sending a text on a channel. This is enabled to prevent mass joining and engagement of unwanted spam accounts and bots, henceforth discrepancies in public accounts.
Channel verification level too high means the channel is set to ensure a higher level of verification process before allowing its users to access the Discord account.
There are five levels of verification for Discord servers – none, low, medium, high and highest.
- When a channel on Discord has a high level of verification, it requires that the member of the server has to be present on the server for more than 10 minutes. The email address must be verified and he or she should have registered for more than 5 minutes.
- When the server is set for the highest level of verification, that means the user needs to have a verified mobile number and email address on their Discord account. Moreover, he or she should be registered for more than 5 minutes and should be a member of the server for more than 10 minutes before being allowed to chat.
How to Set Verification Levels for a Server on Discord
If you own a server and want to enable a verification level as per your requirements and user engagement over it, these are the steps you can follow:
1. Open the Discord app.
2. Choose the server you want to enable verification on.
3. Right-click on the server’s icon.
4. From the pop-up, click on Server Settings.
5. Navigate to the second menu and click on Safety Setup.
6. Click on Verification Level from the new Window.
7. Choose the level of verification you want to enable on your Discord server. Click on change to save the settings.
Now, as per your required criteria, the verification level will be enabled for that particular server on Discord.
Even though Discord channel verification too high has been for the safety concerns and to benefit the server owners/users and members too, that join any particular channel under the server by reducing the spilled and stale content, like the cluster of spammy accounts, misleading profiles and members who violate the community guidelines, this sometimes triggers an issue for the users to access their servers. However, you do not have to worry about putting security measures behind to avoid issues. We are here to solve the error for you.
Also Read: 7 Best Fixes to Discord 1006 Error on Windows 10.
Methods to fix discord channel verification level is too high:
Method 1: Troubleshoot Network Connectivity
Sometimes it is nothing but just the disrupted internet connectivity causing minor troubles. Disconnecting the internet from your router and connecting again may make a difference. To troubleshoot network connectivity read out our guide.
Method 2: Wait for Server Uptime
When the server of any application or program is down or under repair, for the sphere of time anyone trying to use the app is likely to face trouble in functionalities. Check on Downdetector to enquire about Discord’s server status or any other source for outage news.
Also Read: How to Hide Images on Discord Mobile
Method 3: Update Discord
The previous versions of Discord had a bug that caused errors to many users for verification. As claimed by the developers, in the subsequent versions the error has been fixed. If you still face the issue, make sure to update the app to the latest version.
1. Press the Windows key, type %LocalAppData%, and click Open.
2. Locate and double-click on the Discord folder.
3. Next, double-click on the Update application and wait for it to get installed.
4. Finally, launch Discord again and check if the lagging issue has now been fixed.
Method 4: Verify E-mail Address and Phone Number
The basic fix to attempt to resolve the verification issue is to get verified.
1. Open the Discord app and click on any of the servers.
2. Click on the gear icon in the left-pane of the window.
3. From My Account settings menu, add EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER.
4. If an Unverified Email or Phone number message shows on your screen, follow the instructions and verify it.
After verification, the error should resolve.
Also Read: How to Leave Discord Server on PC
Method 5: Disable Membership Screening Service
Membership screening allows the admin i.e., owner of the server to set up rules for new members that would have to undeniably agree upon before they get access to chat or make any movements in the group. This is a program in which a new Discord user who wants to be a member of any channel which has this feature enabled has to go through a screening process. Only after satisfying the criterion required by the server admin, the one can join the server and respective channels.
1. Open the Discord app.
2. Click on the server for which you want to disable membership screening.
3. Click on Server Settings.
4. From the new pop-up, navigate and click on Rules Screening.
5. In the new Window that opens, on the right-hand side Disable the Rules screening for new members.
Once the screening turns off, there will not be any issue of discord channel verification too high.
Method 6: Disable Windows Defender (Not Recommended)
The Windows security program developed by Windows pre-installed on your PC known as Windows Defender may sometimes trigger the error on apps and programs. Disabling it could help in leniency with Discord’s own verification. Refer to our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone on Discord as Admin
Method 7: Reinstall Discord
Sometimes just updating might not turn beneficial if there was already any corrupt file within the app. Uninstall the app and make sure the app is re-downloaded and is installed, thereby unwinding the error. Always download apps from official sources, like the official website or OS store.
1. Press Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on Apps from the given tiles
3. In the Apps & features tab, locate and click Discord. Then, click on Uninstall button.
4. Follow the directions displayed on the screen to complete the uninstallation.
5. Now go to the Discord website and click on Download for Windows button.
6. Open the downloaded DiscordSetup.exe file and install the program.
7. It will automatically update itself every time you launch the app as well.
Also Read: How to Warn Someone on Discord
Method 8: Use VPN to access Discord
If the aforementioned solutions do not give results, this is something you can perform and expect the results. If you have a VPN (Virtual Private Connection) connection purchased, turn it ON and use Discord using the VPN. If you don’t have enough knowledge on how to select a VPN network, you can check our guide on 21 Best Free VPN for Windows 10 to select the best network.
This concludes with the answer of what does it mean when channel verification is too high on discord and how do we fix when it creates issues.
Discord Verification system ensures the safety and cleanliness of the app and maintains the decorum of a server so that none of its policies are violated. Initiating it seems mandatory for public servers who have a huge audience base. But there are times there could be lags and just like every other trouble on the internet, this surely fixes out. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Discord channel verification too high issue. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries, or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
Fix Discord Channel Verification Too High
If you’re having trouble with your Discord channel verification being too high, you’re not alone. Many users have experienced this issue, and it can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to fix this issue and get your channel back up and running.
Step 1: Check Your Server Settings
The first step is to check your server settings. Make sure that the verification level is set to the appropriate level for your server. If it’s set too high, it can cause issues with users being able to join your channel. You can adjust the verification level in the server settings.
Step 2: Check Your Channel Permissions
The next step is to check your channel permissions. Make sure that the appropriate roles have the correct permissions to join the channel. If the permissions are set too high, it can cause issues with users being able to join your channel. You can adjust the channel permissions in the channel settings.
Step 3: Check Your User Roles
The final step is to check your user roles. Make sure that the appropriate roles have the correct permissions to join the channel. If the permissions are set too high, it can cause issues with users being able to join your channel. You can adjust the user roles in the user settings.
If your Discord channel verification is too high, there are a few steps you can take to fix the issue. Check your server settings, channel permissions, and user roles to make sure that the appropriate settings are in place. Once you’ve done that, your channel should be back up and running.