Myspace is an American social networking site that was launched a year before Facebook. Myspace was launched in 2003 and was the first ever social site to reach a global audience. It was a great way to connect with friends online back then when people started using the internet in their day-to-day life. Myspace still exists, but it is no longer a social networking site. Now, it’s more like a music or entertainment-oriented site. If you used to have a Myspace account and now want to know if does myspace still exist, stay tuned till the end. This article will help you know whether or not your old Myspace account still active or not, how to access old Myspace account, and also how to revive your Myspace account.
Does Myspace Still Exist?
Almost everyone is on Myspace, sharing their photos and videos online and chatting with friends. The minimum age limit to make a Myspace account was 13 years so a lot of teenagers started using Myspace and it became popular between 2005 – 2008. However, after that the users started shifting towards Facebook, and due to some database delete issues, Myspace lost the users. Keep reading further to find out if Myspace really does exist and the steps to access it in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How Long Did Myspace Last?
Myspace lasted almost five years. It was launched in 2003 when no one was in the market to compete as Myspace was only the king in that era. The popularity of Myspace started to increase in the year 2005 and lasted up to 2008. The minimum age limit to make a Myspace account was only 13 years, so several young people started creating their accounts on this platform. Mostly people aged between 15 to 22 can be found on Myspace.
Are Old Myspace Accounts Still Active?
Yes, old Myspace accounts are still active. If you are coming back to Myspace thinking that it is the same as it was in the mid-2000, you might get disappointed because Myspace is no longer a social site. Now, it has become more of a music-oriented website.
Do Old Myspace Profiles Still Exist?
Yes, old Myspace profiles still exist. Although the site was shut down in 2009, you can still access your profile using an archive. Anyone, including you, can visit your profile. Your profile will be visible to others if it is public, but it won’t if the profile is private. Only the profile image and the name will be visible if the profile is public.
How Can You Access Your Old Myspace Account?
To access old Myspace account, just follow these steps:
1. Visit the Myspace website on your browser.
2. Click on Sign in.
3. Enter your EMAIL OR USERNAME and PASSWORD.
4. Then, click on Sign In to access your Myspace account.
This is how you can access your Myspace account that still exists.
Also Read: How to Access Old Myspace Account Without Email and Password
How Can You Access Your Old Myspace Account without Email?
To access your old myspace account without email, just follow these steps:
1. Visit the Myspace website and click on Sign in, as shown below.
2. Then, enter your EMAIL OR USERNAME and PASSWORD in the respective fields.
3. Click on Sign In to access your Myspace account.
If you don’t remember your password then you can reset your password.
Also Read: How to Verify Waze Email Account
What is Happening with Myspace?
Myspace used to be a popular social network site between 2005 to 2008, but in 2009 it was shut down from being a social site. Now, it is curated as more of a music platform. The reason for this transition is that its users were leaving myspace and shifting to Facebook. Currently, Myspace is recognized only as a website for musicians, artists, and brands. Also, Myspace is now struggling to get the users and to keep the users they have. In 2019, while migrating to a newer database, the data of over 20 million people were lost because there was no backup available for that data, and this incident was a huge downside for the current Myspace. But, as said earlier, Myspace still exists and old Myspace accounts are still active.
What Killed Myspace?
Myspace was killed because of the following reasons:
- Competition: Due to rising competition with new competitors like Facebook, SoundCloud, and Twitter, where users are increasing rapidly. Myspace was struggling to capture the market even with upcoming investments.
- Quality: Myspace was still using the same old UI, which would have been fine if other social sites didn’t enter the arena. Compared to Facebook and Twitter, Myspace UI is lacking behind, and the new users are finding it hard to spend their time understanding and using it.
How Can You Revive Myspace?
To revive Myspace account, just follow these steps:
Option I: With Log In Credentials
1. Visit the Myspace website on your browser.
2. Click on Sign in and type your EMAIL OR USERNAME and PASSWORD in the available fields.
3. Then, click on Sign In to access your existing Myspace account.
Option II: Without Log In Credentials
1. Visit the Myspace Sign In page to access your Myspace account which still exists.
2. Click on Forgot password? as shown below.
3. Enter YOUR EMAIL, verify the reCAPTCHA, and click on Submit.
4. Now, you will receive an email with a set of instructions, which contains your username as well. Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password successfully.
5. Go back to the Myspace Sign In page and Sign in with the new credentials.
Also Read: How to Recover Kik Account
Will Myspace Make a Comeback?
There is no official announcement regarding the comeback. However, you can use Myspace if you have to use it the way it is. If you don’t want to use it, you can shift to other social sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and many more.
So, we hope you have understood if does Myspace still exist and the ways to access old Myspace account and revive Myspace with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.