Samsung Smart TVs are one of the best machines that can enhance your TV viewing experience. With ever-improving technology, Samsung TV brings you a high-quality visual and audio experience with their sophisticated Smart TVs. With Samsung Smart TV, users can enjoy not only TV shows but also their favorite streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, to name a few. Smart TV can also bring you the best on-demand movies and shows. Despite all the fancy features, sometimes your Samsung TV may run into various troubles. Many users may have complained that the app not working on Samsung TV was a common issue with the Samsung TV. This issue can be caused by various issues, such as bad internet or corrupt app cache. Sometimes, users find that they can’t run their apps on Samsung TV because they keep crashing. In this guide, we will discuss methods and reasons to fix the Samsung TV app crashing issues. So, if you are not able to connect your Samsung TV with apps, this is the perfect guide for you. Continue reading to know how to restore apps on Samsung smart TV.
How to Fix Apps Not Working on Samsung TV
There can be various reasons for apps not working on Samsung TV issue. Some of the possible reasons for this issue are mentioned here.
- A bad or unstable internet connection is one of the most common reasons for this issue.
- Server issues with a particular app can also cause connection errors.
- Improper loading of the TV or bugs can cause connection errors with apps.
- An outdated system’s software can also be responsible for the issue.
- Corrupt or outdated Samsung TV firmware can also cause this error.
- Improper Smart Hub settings are also associated with this error.
- An outdated app can also cause this issue.
- A corrupt app cache can also be associated with this error.
- Improper installation of the app is a common reason for this error.
- Improper DNS settings and geographical limitations to an app can also cause this error.
In the following guide, we will discuss methods to fix various issues, such as Samsung TV apps not updating. Also, read in this guide, the method to reinstall and how to restore apps on Samsung smart TV.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Network Connections
One of the most common reasons for apps not working on your Samsung TV is a poor network connection. If you are experiencing an issue where your Samsung TV connected to internet but apps not working, the first step that you should consider is to fix the network connection errors that may be causing this issue.
Step I: Restart WiFi Router
Fixing WiFi connections is one of the first methods that you can try to fix apps not working on Samsung TV issues. Generally, most of the application connection errors on your smart TV are caused by improper router connections. Therefore, make sure that you have connected your router properly to avoid Samsung TV apps crashing. Check our guide on how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10 to reboot your WiFi router.
Check if the connection has been restored.
Step II: Check Network Connection
If the streaming application connection issues on your Samsung TV were not caused by the WiFi router, then the fault could be with your internet provider. In this case, you should consider checking with the internet service you are using to make sure you are getting a strong and stable network connection. It is also important to make sure that you have an active internet plan on your devices to use the internet services and avoid issues like Samsung TV apps not updating. However, if you continue to receive a slow and poor internet connection and can’t figure out how to fix it, you should check out the Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet! Continue reading to find out how to restore apps on Samsung smart TV.
Method 2: Monitor App Server Uptime
One of the major reasons for Samsung TV connected to internet but apps not working issues with your Samsung TV is that the app servers are down at that moment. A server-down situation can stop all the app’s functions, and you may not be able to use these apps for streaming on Samsung TV. In this case, you can’t do much to fix Samsung TV apps crashing or not working issue. Since this is a technical issue, you will just have to wait until the server issues are solved by the app developers. You can also check the server status of the specific apps from various server tracking websites, like Downdetector.
Also Read: Fix Black Screen Issue on Samsung Smart TV
Method 3: Perform Cold Reboot
Performing a cold boot on your Samsung Smart TV is similar to performing a restart on your computer. Once you perform a cold boot of your Samsung TV, your TV shuts down and gets restarted with a brand-new boot sequence. Performing a cold boot is one of the most effective methods to fix apps not working on Samsung TV issues.
Therefore, you can perform a cold reboot of your Samsung TV to fix apps not working on Samsung TV issue. You can follow two different methods to reboot your Samsung TV to fix Samsung TV connected to internet but apps not working issue.
Option I: Cold Reboot TV Using the Remote
To avoid Samsung TV apps not updating issue, you can try restarting the Samsung smart TV. Restarting the TV with the remote is the simplest method of rebooting a Samsung TV. This method can be performed by following these simple steps. Keep reading to learn how to restore apps on Samsung smart TV.
1. Make sure your TV is on (not in standby mode).
2. Long-press the power button on the remote and wait until the power comes back on.
Note: Once you press the power button, the Samsung TV will turn off, however, you need to keep pressing the power button until the power comes back on.
3. Now, press the Home button on the remote.
4. Finally, locate and open the app.
Option II: Cold Reboot TV Manually
Another effective method to perform a cold reboot of your Samsung TV is to perform it manually. To fix Samsung TV apps crashing issue with this method, you won’t need your TV remote.
1. Unplug your TV’s power cord from the main outlet.
2. Wait for a couple of minutes.
3. Now, plug your TV back into the electrical outlet, and then turn it on.
4. Now, press the Home button.
5. Navigate to and select the app.
Method 4: Perform Software Update
If the previous methods do not help and you continue to have apps not working on Samsung TV issue, you can try to check for a software update for your Samsung TV. An update will help you fix bugs and security issues on your device.
1. Press the Home button.
2. Now, navigate to Settings.
3. Here, select Support, and then select Software Update.
4. Finally, select Update Now to start updating your Samsung TV.
Also Read: How to Download Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Method 5: Update Samsung TV Firmware
If updating the system software does not fix the issue, you can try to update the Samsung TV firmware to fix the issue. Firmware updates will normally fix your TV hardware issues.
1. From your TV remote, press the Home button to open the Smart Hub.
2. Here, select Settings from the smart hub menu.
3. Now, locate and select the Software Update tab.
4. Now, click Update Now option.
5. Wait for the download to finish.
Install the firmware update by following the on-screen instructions on your Samsung TV.
Method 6: Reset Smart Hub
Smart Hub is an intelligent menu system for Samsung Smart TV that gives users an easy and smooth menu option experience. The Smart Hub menu makes it easy to navigate around the Samsung TV and find your favorite movies and TV shows. However, if there are errors with the Smart Hub menu and it is not working properly, you may run into various issues with your Samsung TV, such as apps not working on Samsung TV. You can fix these issues by resetting the Smart Hub menu. The process for resetting the Smart Hub can be different depending on the model and the manufacturing date of your Samsung TV. If your Samsung Smart TV model was made in 2018 or earlier, you can use these simple steps to reset the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV.
1. On your Samsung TV, navigate to Settings.
2. Now, select Support.
3. Here, select Self Diagnose.
4. Finally, select Reset Smart Hub.
Note: During the reset process, Samsung TV may ask for your TV PIN. The default PIN for a Samsung TV is 0000. However, if you have changed the PIN, enter that PIN to complete the process.
Note: If you are using a Samsung TV manufactured in or after 2019, you may find different setting options to reset the smart hub to fix Samsung TV connected to internet but apps not working issue. In this case, on your Samsung TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis, and here select Reset Smart Hub. If you continue to have issues with Samsung TV apps not updating, you can try the next method.
Also Read: How to Fix Samsung TV Wi-Fi Connection Issues
Method 7: Update App
An outdated version of the application on your Samsung TV can also cause the issue. Therefore, updating the app on your Samsung smart TV can fix apps not working on Samsung TV and various other issues. The process to update an app on your Samsung TV depends on your TV model. There are two ways to update an app on your Samsung TV to fix Samsung TV apps crashing issues.
Option I: Update an App on New Samsung TV Models
You can follow these simple steps to update an app on your newer models of Samsung TVs. Keep reading to learn how to restore apps on Samsung smart TV.
1. From your TV remote, press the Home key.
2. Here, select Apps and then select Settings.
3. Now, turn auto-update on from the top-right side of the TV screen.
4. If there is an update pending, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Option II: Update an App on Old Samsung TV Models
You can follow these simple steps to update an app on your older models of Samsung TVs.
1. From your remote, press the Smart Hub button.
2. Here, select Featured and navigate to the problematic app.
3. Now, press the Enter button.
4. Here, scroll down and select the Update apps option.
5. Now, select Select All and then Update.
Wait for the app to finish updating.
Method 8: Clear App Cache
Sometimes, app issues can be caused by corrupt cache data. When the app has corrupt cache data stored, it may glitch and not work properly. Samsung TV lets you clear an app’s cache to fix various app issues. You can follow these simple steps to clear the app cache on your Samsung TV to fix the apps not working on the Samsung TV issue.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote to open the Smart Hub options.
2. Here, select Settings.
3. Now, navigate to and select the Apps tab.
4. Now, select System Apps.
5. Here, locate and select the problematic app.
6. Now, select the Clear Cache option.
7. Finally, press OK to confirm the process.
If this method does not fix the Samsung TV apps issues, you can try the next method.
Method 9: Reinstall App
If the previous methods do not help with the issue, you can consider performing a reinstall of the problematic app on your Samsung TV. You can follow these simple steps to uninstall and then install an app on Samsung TV to figure out how to restore apps on Samsung smart TV.
1. Press the Home button.
2. Here, select Apps from the on-screen menu.
3. Now, select Settings.
4. Now, navigate to the problematic app.
5. Here, select Delete.
6. Now, press Delete in the pop-up to confirm the process.
7. Now, press the Home button.
8. Select Apps from the menu.
9. Here, select the magnifying glass icon in the Apps screen.
10. Type the name of the app in the search box.
11. Select the app from the results, and then press the Install button.
Also Read: How to Get Samsung Password Manager
The following are some of the additional methods to fix various issues, such as Samsung TV apps not updating issue.
Method 1: Change DNS Settings
If DNS settings are incorrect on your Samsung TV, you may have various issues while trying to run an app. You can follow these simple steps to fix Samsung TV connected to internet but apps not working issue.
1. On your Samsung TV, go to the Settings menu and then select the Network option.
2. Now, select Network Status and then select IP Settings.
3. Here, open the DNS Settings and then select Enter Manually.
4. Type 188.8.131.52 into the box.
5. Next, apply all your changes and switch off your Samsung Smart TV.
6. Wait for a minute and switch on the power.
If this does not fix Samsung TV apps crashing issue, you can also try the next method.
Method 2: Change Location
Sometimes an app can have geographical restrictions, which can restrict your access to some apps. You can fix apps not working on Samsung TV issues by changing the location in the settings.
1. On your Samsung TV, navigate to the Smart Hub menu.
2. From your remote, press 2, 8, 9, (The code may vary per TV model; check your manual for the code for your TV.)
3. Navigate to the Internet Service Location and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. Select a different country.
5. Finally, wait for the Smart Hub to reload again and change it back to your original location.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why are apps not working on my Samsung TV?
Ans. There can be various reasons for an app not working on your Samsung TV. Some of the reasons include corrupt cache data and bad internet connections.
Q2. How do I fix the apps not working issue on my Samsung TV?
Ans. You can try to fix this issue using various methods, such as updating the system software and resetting the smart hub menu.
Q3. Can I install apps on my Samsung TV?
Ans. Yes, you can install apps on your Samsung TV to stream, and play music.
Q4. Can I stream Netflix on my Samsung TV?
Ans. Yes, Netflix can be installed on a Samsung Smart TV to stream your favorite shows and movies.
Q5. How can I remove apps from my Samsung TV?
Ans. You can remove installed apps from your Samsung TV by navigating to the settings.
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix apps not working on Samsung TV issue. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.