Facebook plays a crucial role in our presence in the digital world. It was one of the initiators of the shift to social media that the world has been experiencing since then. From using it to connect to people to playing games on the platform, it has been an all-in-one package for users around the globe. However, it has been through a rollercoaster ride over the years because of the stiff competition from other social media platforms. Many users have been shifting from Facebook to other platforms, such as Instagram and TikTok, for which they deactivated their Facebook accounts. In case someone blocked you on Facebook or deactivated account, and you are left wondering what does a deactivated Facebook account look like on Messenger, worry not! We have brought you this helpful guide to explain if you can send message to deactivated Facebook account or what happens when someone deactivated their Facebook account but not Messenger.
What Does a Deactivated Facebook Account Look Like on Messenger?
When you come across a deactivated Facebook account on Messanger, you will see the message reading: This person is unavailable on Messenger message appears with no profile picture and name for that account. Keep reading this article further to find the steps explaining what to do to find out if someone blocked you on Facebook or deactivated account in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Know If Someone Blocked You on Facebook or Deactivated Account?
If you are confused about whether someone blocked you on Facebook or deactivated account, you can try out the following methods to find out what has happened:
Method 1: Locate Target Profile
1. Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Search icon from the top of your screen.
3. Enter the desired Facebook profile name you want to find out.
4A. If you can’t see their profile in this list, it is highly likely that the user has blocked you on Facebook.
4B. If you can see their account but cannot see the content in it due to a warning saying this page isn’t available, there are more chances of account deactivation.
Also Read: How Do I Delete All Activity Log on Facebook
Method 2: Direct Message (DM)
You can also send a message to the desired profile on Facebook to ensure if you have been blocked by them or not.
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Tap on the Messenger icon from the top right corner.
3. Open the desired conversation with the person you wish to see.
4A. If the user has blocked you, you won’t be able to send them a message but still view their profile picture.
4B. If the person has deactivated their account, you neither can send them a message nor can view their profile picture.
Method 3: Search in Friend List of Mutual Friend
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Search icon and search for a mutual friend.
3. On their profile, swipe down to see the Friends list.
4. Tap on See All Friends to expand the list.
5. If you cannot find the desired profile of the user you want to find out about in the list, they may have blocked you on Facebook.
Also Read: How to Know If Someone Restricted You on Instagram Story
Can You See a Deactivated Facebook Account?
No, when you deactivate your Facebook account, no one else can view your profile. Some data, such as messages you had sent to friends, could still be viewable, and your name may still appear on their friend list. People can search for your profile and even send you a friend request, but they will not be allowed to access or view any of your information on Facebook.
How Can You Know If Someone Deactivated Messenger?
Earlier, there used to be an option to deactivate Messenger separately from your Facebook account. But now there is no way to deactivate Messenger without deactivating Facebook. So, if you want to know what does a deactivated Facebook account look like on Messenger and what it indicates, follow the steps given below:
1. Access the Facebook application and tap on the Messenger icon located at the top right corner.
2. Locate and tap on the desired conversation from the list.
3. If the Messenger account is deactivated, it will display The person is unavailable on Messenger at the bottom.
Note: Also, you will not be able to see their profile picture or send them a message.
Note: In some cases, their display name might appear as the Facebook user. However, you will still be able to view the past messages or chats with them.
Also Read: How to Deactivate Suspended PlayStation Account
How Can You Tell If Someone Deactivated their Facebook Account but not Messenger?
A user must first deactivate their Facebook account to be able to deactivate a Messenger account later. Sometimes, people only deactivate their Facebook accounts. But how to know if someone deactivated their Facebook account but not Messenger? Follow our step-by-step guide below to figure it out:
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Search icon and search for the desired user profile you want to find.
3. If you can see their account in the search list but cannot view the content or information and find a warning saying, This page isn’t available at the moment on their profile, they have deactivated their Facebook account for sure.
4. Now, go back to the home menu and tap on the Messenger icon.
5. Open the desired conversation of the user.
6A. If you can see their profile picture on the top left corner and send them a message, their Messenger account is still active.
6B. If you see a warning saying This person is unavailable on Messenger and their name goes by Facebook user, it means their Messenger account is disabled.
How Does a Deactivated Account Look on Messenger?
If you are thinking, what does a deactivated Facebook account look like on Messenger when a person deactivates their Messenger account, below are the consequences of that:
- Others cannot send them a message or view their profile picture.
- When you open the DM (direct message) of a person whose Messenger account is deactivated, a message saying This person is unavailable on Messenger will appear on your screen.
- Also, their profile picture will be the default Facebook picture, and their name would read as Facebook User.
Also Read: How To Deactivate Facebook Messenger?
What Do Friends See When Your Facebook Account is Deactivated?
When you deactivate your Facebook account:
- Your friends or visitors of your profile could not view any of the information on your profile.
- They will see a message that displays on their screen, which says Sorry, This content isn’t available.
- They will still be able to text you through the Messenger app if you have not deactivated your Messenger after deactivating your Facebook account.
This would have certainly answered your question: what does a deactivated Facebook account look like on Messenger?
How Long After Deactivating Facebook Does it Delete?
Deactivating and deleting a Facebook account are two separate conditions. Let’s learn about them:
A. Deactivating Account
- When a user deactivates their Facebook account, all the data, including posts, pictures, stories, pages, etc., is saved on the servers.
- Deactivating only disables your account temporarily.
- Visitors or your friends won’t be able to view any information on your timeline.
- You can reactivate your account as and when you like by logging in again using your email address and password.
B. Deleting Account
- When a Facebook account is deleted, all the information related to that account vanishes from the servers of Facebook permanently.
- The account will no longer be retainable or accessible to the owner.
Can Someone Still See That You Viewed Their Story If You Deactivate Facebook?
No, if you looked at someone’s story before deactivating your Facebook account, they won’t be able to see that you had seen their story. But their story count will have an effect as it only increases their viewer count by 1. However, there are chances that if you reactivate your account while their story is still viewable, your name would appear in the list, and they will get to know that you had seen their story earlier.
Can You Send a Message to a Deactivated Facebook Account?
If you are wondering whether you can send message to deactivated Facebook account, we have got two situations to look at here:
- If they only deactivated their Facebook account but not Messenger account, you can still send them messages on the Messenger app.
- But, if both of their accounts, including Facebook and Messenger, are deactivated, the chat will be closed for any further messages, and their name will appear as Facebook User.
Can People Still Message You If Your Account is Deactivated?
Yes and no. Since users must deactivate their Facebook account first to deactivate their Messenger account, you have two cases where you either deactivated only your Facebook account or deactivated both accounts.
- They can still message you on the Messenger app if you deactivated only your Facebook account.
- If you deactivate both your accounts, Facebook and Messenger, the conversation will be blocked to any new messages, and your name will be shown as Facebook User to others.
Also Read: Can You Text Someone You Blocked on iPhone?
How Can You See Messages from a Deactivated Facebook Account?
After knowing what does a deactivated Facebook account look like on Messenger, you would like to know how to see messages from a deactivated Facebook account. Facebook allows the users to view the message history of all the chats even if the person you are texting has deactivated their Facebook or Messenger account. To learn how to see the messages from a deactivated account, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Messanger icon > desired conversation from the list.
Irrespective of whether the account is deactivated or deleted, you can view the message history using the above method.
Can You Reactivate Your Facebook Account after 2 Years?
Yes, you can reactivate your Facebook account even after 2 years of deactivation. One of the best features of Facebook is that none of the data is lost from a deactivated account. The owner can access it at any point. You can reactivate by logging in again with the email address and the password associated with the account.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to know what does a deactivated Facebook account look like on Messenger. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.