Human Resources (HR) Assistants are responsible for providing administrative support to the HR department of an organization. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, including recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, and employee relations. In India, HR Assistants are expected to be knowledgeable about the country’s labor laws and regulations, as well as the company’s policies and procedures. They must be able to communicate effectively with employees and management, and be able to handle confidential information with discretion. HR Assistants must also be organized and detail-oriented, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities of HR Assistant in India
1. Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
2. Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives.
3. Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies).
4. Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc).
5. Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes.
6. Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
7. Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc).
8. Communicate with public services when necessary.
9. Prepare and submit all relevant HR letters/documents/certificates as per requirement.
10. Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
11. Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees.
12. Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
13. Assist with performance management procedures.
14. Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
15. Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements.
16. Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
17. Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guides.
18. Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance.
19. Maintain relationships with external partners and service providers.
20. Support other functions related to HR as needed.
Dealing with the human resource is one of the major tasks in any organization. So every employer wants to have a dedicated human resource team in their organization. HR assistant is a starting position for business management graduates. Here we have duties and responsibilities of HR assistant and more information about what does an HR assistant do.
Duties and Responsibilities of HR Assistant
- Helping the HR manager and employer regarding job description of a job.
- Collecting employee database from various job portals.
- Making calls to the job applicants who are looking for the job.
- Contacting local job consultancies & media for posting vacant job positions.
- Arranging interviews and guiding the applicants during the interview process.
- Doing background checks and reference checks during new employee joining.
- Preparing monthly payroll MIS reports.
- Answering queries of employees regarding payroll.
- Collecting information from various branches of an organization regarding payroll.
- Organizing payroll data for each month for future reference.
Time Office Functions
- Daily attendance monitoring.
- Collecting leave letters, permission slips from the employees.
- Intimating and warning the employee during the unauthorized absence.
- Creating biometric ids for the newly joined employees.
- Collecting the attendance data from biometric devices and using it in payroll management.
- Dealing with the labour laws and rules fixed by the local state government.
- Preparing monthly PF and ESIC challans.
- Helping the employees during their PF claims.
- Helping the employees to file income tax returns and monthly PT payments
- Coordinating with the audit department.
Also read: How to get a job in HR without experience
HR Assistant Job Description in Resume
Executing human resource activities and implementing HR strategies and coordinating with various departments for better administrative support.
- Identifying the vacant job positions and initiating the recruitment process.
- Supporting the HR manager during the recruitment process.
- Assessing the performance of the employees on regular basis.
- Taking care of time office functions, payroll management and statutory compliances.
How to Become HR Assistant
- In order to become a human resource assistant, the candidate must have the degree in the management course.
- Hence HR assistant is a starting level position in the human resource department so it doesn’t require much experience, even freshers can also get HR assistant job.
- But having good theoretical knowledge in the HR field will help you to grab your first human resource job.
- Like so many other fields human resource management is also needed continuous learning and updating with various labour laws.
HR Assistant Qualifications
In order to the get a job as an HR assistant the candidate must have Degree in human resource management. For reaching higher positions in the human resource field post-graduation is mandatory.
- BBM or MBA or MA HRM, PGDM are required to become an HR Assistant.
- MBA in HR and PGDM will help you to reach higher positions in the HR field.
HR Assistant Salary in India
The starting salary for HR assistants in India will be between 10000 to 25000 Rs per month depending on the organization. In some small companies, they even pay less than 10000 Rs. But in order to pursue your career in HR field starting salary doesn’t matter. Once you get a good experience then soon you will get the hike in your salary.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities of HR Assistant in India?
HR Assistants in India are responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources department. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, including recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, and employee relations. They also provide support to the HR team in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
HR Assistants are responsible for recruiting new employees. This includes posting job openings, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and making offers. They also ensure that all new hires have the necessary paperwork and documentation to begin their employment.
HR Assistants are responsible for onboarding new employees. This includes orienting them to the company, providing them with the necessary paperwork, and ensuring that they understand the company’s policies and procedures.
HR Assistants are responsible for processing payroll. This includes calculating wages, preparing paychecks, and ensuring that employees are paid on time. They also ensure that all payroll taxes are paid and that employees are in compliance with applicable laws.
HR Assistants are responsible for administering employee benefits. This includes enrolling employees in benefits plans, processing claims, and ensuring that employees understand their benefits. They also ensure that all benefits are in compliance with applicable laws.
HR Assistants are responsible for managing employee relations. This includes resolving conflicts, addressing grievances, and ensuring that employees are treated fairly and in accordance with company policies. They also ensure that employees are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
HR Policies and Procedures
HR Assistants are responsible for assisting the HR team in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. This includes researching and analyzing current policies, developing new policies, and ensuring that all policies are in compliance with applicable laws.