Updating or correcting the date of exit in an EPF account is an important step in ensuring that the employee provident fund (EPF) contributions are correctly accounted for. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to update or correct the date of exit in an EPF account. It will also provide information on the documents required for the process and the time frame for the completion of the process.
How to Update / Correct Date of Exit in EPF Account
1. Contact your employer: The first step to update or correct the date of exit in your EPF account is to contact your employer. Your employer will be able to provide you with the necessary information and documents to update or correct the date of exit in your EPF account.
2. Submit the required documents: Once you have the necessary documents from your employer, you will need to submit them to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The documents required for updating or correcting the date of exit in your EPF account include a copy of your resignation letter, a copy of your last salary slip, and a copy of your Form 19.
3. Wait for the EPFO to process your request: Once you have submitted the required documents, the EPFO will process your request and update or correct the date of exit in your EPF account. This process may take up to a few weeks.
4. Check your EPF account: Once the EPFO has processed your request, you can check your EPF account to make sure that the date of exit has been updated or corrected.
EPF members whose date of exit is not available are not able to withdraw their PF amount online at UAN member portal. Date of joining and date of exit are two important things that every PF officer will check when the employee went to withdraw PF amount. So marking employee exit date is very important for an employer to make a smooth transaction between employee and EPFO.
How to update date of exit in EPF account
Step 1:- There are two ways to enter exit dates of the employee in employee provident fund organization. The first one is by bulk exit method and the other one is by doing individual exit in unified EPF employer portal. For this employer needs to login to employer PF portal.
Step 2:- After successful login, click on a member in the primary menu and select profile. Then employer redirected to another page, which asks for UAN number or PF account number of the employee. Here we need to enter the UAN number or member id of the employee to whom we want to mark exit.
Step 4:- Once we enter the details the detail of that particular employee will appear on the screen, there we will find three options, they are profile, kyc and mark exit. Now our aim is to mark EXIT. So click on exit and enter the reason for exit and exit date of the eployee and click on save.
The reasons are mainly Retirement, Death in service, Super Annuation, Permant Disablement, Cessation, and Death away from service, if you don’t know the reason then mark it as UNKNOWN
Step 4:- After selecting reason and entering the date we will get the following message
Member Exit Saved Successfully for Approval.
Step 5:- After this go to approvals under MEMBER option in the primary menu and approve the exit of the employee and complete the process of individual employee exit unified EPF portal.
Also read: How to withdraw PF without date of exit
How to correct / change date of exit in PF
Sometimes employers may mark the wrong date of exit for EPF members. In this case, both employee and employer are not able to correct the date of exit online.
In order to correct or change the incorrect date of exit, EPF member needs to submit PF joint declaration form to their regional EPF office.
Along with PF joint declaration form employer need to write a request letter to the regional PF office to correct the date of exit of the employee. Once employee or employer submit these Two then within 30 days the DOE of the employee in PF will be corrected.
If you don’t want to wait until the correction of DOE and are you in hurry to claim PF amount then submit above Two letters along with your PF claim forms.
How to Update/Correct Date of Exit in EPF Account
The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a retirement savings scheme that is managed by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). It is a mandatory contribution from both the employer and the employee. The EPF account is used to save money for retirement and other financial needs. It is important to keep the EPF account up to date, and one of the most important details is the date of exit.
The date of exit is the date when the employee leaves the organisation and stops contributing to the EPF account. It is important to update the date of exit in the EPF account as soon as possible, as it affects the calculation of the employee’s EPF balance. Here is how to update/correct the date of exit in the EPF account.
Steps to Update/Correct Date of Exit in EPF Account
- The first step is to contact the employer and inform them about the need to update/correct the date of exit in the EPF account. The employer will then have to submit a Form 13 to the EPFO.
- The Form 13 is a request to update/correct the date of exit in the EPF account. It must be signed by both the employer and the employee. The form must also include the correct date of exit.
- Once the Form 13 is submitted to the EPFO, the EPFO will process the request and update/correct the date of exit in the EPF account.
- The employee can then check the EPF account to confirm that the date of exit has been updated/corrected.
It is important to update/correct the date of exit in the EPF account as soon as possible, as it affects the calculation of the employee’s EPF balance. The process is simple and can be done quickly. It is important to keep the EPF account up to date to ensure that the employee gets the correct EPF balance when they retire.