One billion people use the popular social media app Instagram each month. A new story or post is added every second. And this app adds thousands of new users each day. Insta is extremely popular among people of all age groups, from pre-teens to the aged ones, because it enables them to stay connected and share life experiences via photographs, stories, and videos with their friends and followers. Are you an IG user and wondered what is the new Instagram message update? Or how to get an older version of an app? If you are someone looking for more information related to Instagram, we are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your queries, like how to get the old Instagram back or what are the steps to uninstall an update on Instagram. Let’s dive in!
How to Uninstall an Update on Instagram
You will get to know how to uninstall an update on Instagram further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
Can You Get an Older Version of an App?
Yes, there are so many websites where you can get an older version of an app. You can get older versions of any applications like WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and almost all other apps both on Android or iOS devices, as Playstore and Appstore only provide you with the latest version of any apps. So, you have to manually download and install the older version on your device, which is also a simple task.
Which is the Latest Version of Instagram?
The latest version of Instagram available on the App Store is 254.0 which was released on 26th Sept 2022 by Instagram. And the latest version of Instagram that is available on the Play Store is 254.0.0.19.109 which was also released on 26th Sept 2022, and this new version has 46 MB of download size.
What’s Wrong with Instagram DMs?
Recently, many Instagram users have reported that the DMs have been down for the entirety of a day, and there were not able to connect to their friends and followers for that period which feels like waiting till eternity in today’s world. Despite receiving numerous reports, Meta has not yet taken any steps. The reason behind this glitch could be some bugs or malware.
What is the New Instagram Message Update?
In the new Instagram message update, it has introduced features of Facebook messenger. So that after installing the latest version, Instagram will offer functionality from Facebook Messenger.
- You may join video calls and send messages across Insta and Messenger with either app.
- When you are in a video chat, you can watch content together by tapping the Media icon at the bottom of the video chat window.
- Also, Insta has introduced vanish mode, which acts as an incognito mode where the chat will be deleted once you edit this mode.
- You can also send reaction selfies and animated messages to make your messages more interesting and visually appealing.
- Moreover, you can change your chat themes, swipe right to reply to messages, and also add custom emoji replies.
Keep reading this article further to learn how to uninstall an update on Instagram.
How Can You Undo a Message Update on Instagram?
Sometimes after updating your Instagram, users have discovered that they preferred the earlier version more. In this case, if you also want to undo that message update and use the old version of Instagram without the features of Facebook Messenger, follow the upcoming steps to undo the message update.
Note: For both Android and iOS Instagram users.
1. Launch the Instagram app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner of the bottom navbar on your screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner of your screen.
4. Then, tap on the Settings option.
5. Under the Settings menu, locate and tap on the Accounts Centre option under the Meta logo.
6. Now, tap on the Facebook account that you have linked to your IG.
7. After selecting your Facebook account, tap on Remove From Accounts Centre.
8. To finally undo the new Instagram message update, tap on the Continue option.
This is how you can disconnect your Facebook account from your Instagram to use Facebook Messenger features on your Instagram. Following these steps, you can undo the new Instagram message update easily. Keep reading to learn how to uninstall an update on Instagram.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Seen on Instagram
Why Has Your Instagram Layout Changed?
Instagram has made changes to the app’s UI, including vibrant colors to make it feel light and alive, and has also introduced a fresh new layout that will display the content on full screen and center stage. Although Instagram claims that doing so would make the postings much more immersive, the colorful backgrounds tend to detract from the content. Instagram has also changed the font to Sans, as the reason behind this was to make the typeface globally more accessible. Even though all these modifications seem beautiful, user reviews indicate that Instagram’s new app layout is inconvenient.
Can You Get the Old Instagram Back?
Yes, you can get the old Instagram back. There are so many websites where you can get an older version of an app. As Playstore and Appstore only provide you with the latest version of any apps, you have to manually download the older version and install it on your device.
Note: In newly added versions of IG, they not only fix bugs, but you also get new filters or special features, commands, or visually appealing layouts and interfaces. But be aware that downgrading to older versions limits you in terms of the features and abilities which are added in more modern versions.
How Do You Uninstall an Update on Instagram?
Instagram frequently releases its app’s new versions both for Android and iOS devices, with new features added to it and fewer bugs than the previous version. But this update often adds to the weight of the application, which can sometimes be too much and maybe will not work if you use a mobile with low specifications. Sometimes, Instagram updates change its interface to make it more appealing but after upgrading, you may discover that you preferred the earlier version more.
As Play Store and App Store only provide you with the latest version of any apps, you have to manually download the older version and then manually install it on your device. Here is a guide on how can you use the downgraded version of Instagram.
Note: Make sure you note the current version of Instagram.
Step I: Uninstall Current Version of Instagram
1. Launch the Play Store on your phone.
Note: You can open the App Store on your iOS mobile.
2. Now, search for Instagram from the search bar and tap on the Instagram option from the search results.
3. Then, tap on the Uninstall option to successfully uninstall the current version of Insta from your phone.
This is how you uninstall an update on IG from the current version.
Also Read: How to Remove Apps that Android Phones won’t let you Uninstall?
Step II: Download Previous Version of Instagram
1. Visit the APK Mirror website which contains all versions of Instagram.
2. Now, tap on the lower version of the Instagram app than the most recent one.
Note: You can ignore the APK files with Alpha or Beta tags in their names because they are the testing versions and developed for testing purposes. Hence, if you want to downgrade to a stable Insta version, those should be avoided.
3. Then, click on the download icon next to your selected version to uninstall an update on Instagram and download the previous one.
4. Swipe down and tap on the Download APK link option, as shown below.
5. After that you will be redirected to a page showing your download is starting.
6. Then, tap on the Download option from the popup message.
Step III: Install Downloaded APK
1. Launch the File Manager app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Instagram APK file that you downloaded earlier.
3. Then, tap on the Install option to start the installation process. After a few seconds, your downloaded version of the Insta app will be installed on your phone.
Hopefully, following these steps, you can successfully uninstall an update on IG and install the old version of your choice.
Also Read: Why are You Locked Out of Your Instagram Account?
Why Did Your Instagram Un-update?
If a new Insta update is released, it can auto-update itself if you have enabled the auto-update feature for the Insta app. The Insta app will remain un-updated until you update it manually from the App Store or Play Store or enable the auto-update feature for it. And if you haven’t done any of this, the app will remain un-updated.
How Do You Uninstall Instagram iOS Update?
You can’t uninstall the IG iOS update on any of your iOS devices. You will have to uninstall the Insta app itself to not use that version.
1. Press-hold the Instagram app symbol.
2. Tap on Remove App.
3. Tap on Delete App.
We hope that you learned how to uninstall an update on Instagram. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.