Skout was one of the first location-based dating apps, allowing you to find partners who live nearby. Finding a partner in Skout is very simple; you just need to log into Skout account, and then you can choose a partner. After you download Skout app, it will notify you if someone is near your location or checking your account. You can Skout sign up by visiting the website or app and then verify for Skout sign up. So, if you are someone who has questions like how to check the Skout sign up error, this article is for you.
How to Sign Up for Skout
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to download Skout and do the Skout sign up on your PC browser or mobile app in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Yes, the Skout application is free to use, but it also offers some optional premium subscriptions. Chatting or any type of communication is free on the Skout application. The best part is it notifies you when any Skout user is near your location or checks your account.
Yes, the Skout app is currently shut down due to numerous user complaints. The main reason for the closure is reports of three men chatting with a teenager. The Skout app did not have an age barrier, which is why it faces many problems and was shut down.
Yes, you need to verify for skout sign up by your contact number or email ID. After you enter your important details, you will get the verification code via text, and then you can sign up.
Following are the steps through which you can sign up for Skout:
1. Open the Skout app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Email icon from the Other login options section.
3. Then, tap on Sign up with email.
4. Enter the following details in the respective fields and select desired fields and tap on Continue.
- Interested in
5. Now, enter your Email in the given field.
6. Then, enter and confirm your password in the given boxes and tap on Done.
7. After creating the account, tap on Verify me to verify your Skout account to ensure you are a real person behind this account.
8. Select the terms and consent checkboxes and tap on GET STARTED!
9. Follow the onscreen instructions to record your video selfie to verify your account.
Now, you can use your Skout account without any hurdles!
Also Read: How to Create Home Depot Account
How Do I Skout Sign Up for PC?
There is not any Sign up option available on the Skout website to sign up from your PC/laptop browser.
But you can easily sign up and create an account from your Skout mobile app with the help of the steps mentioned above.
Let’s see the steps through which you can log into the Skout app:
1. Launch the Skout app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Email icon, as shown below.
Note: You can also choose any other login option you want to select.
3. Then, tap on Log in with email.
4. Enter your Email address and Password in the given fields and tap on Log In.
Also Read: How Do I Sign Up for Talkatone
Unfortunately, the Skout app is not officially available on PC. But there is an alternative; you can download it from another, third party website. You can visit the Apps on Windows SKOUT app page on your browser and click on Download on Windows PC to download Skout on PC.
Why Do I Get Skout Sign Up Error?
The main cause of the sign-up error is that the website and app are currently unavailable. And sometimes the server may be down when you try to sign up or open the app or website for Skout.
Following are the steps through which you can fix Skout sign up error:
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
Method 1: Reconnect to Internet
1. Open the Quick access panel by swiping down the notification panel.
2. Turn on and Turn off the Aeroplane mode.
3. Now, tap on the Mobile data or Wi-Fi tab from the panel and reconnect to the internet.
4. After this, try signing up again on the Skout app.
Method 2: Restart Skout App
1. Access the recent apps menu to see the Skout app.
2. Tap on the X icon from the bottom to clear the apps from the recent apps section.
3. Open the Skout app once again from the app drawer and Sign up.
Also Read: How to Get Back Blocked Skout Account
Method 3: Reboot Phone
Sometimes, Skout sign up error issues can be a bug with your iPhone or Android device. This issue can also occur due to improper booting of the device. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry much about these issues, and you can simply restart or reboot your device. Therefore, if you notice any issues with the AOL app on your phone, one of the first things that you should do is restart your mobile phone. If you are not sure how to safely reboot your phone, you can check out our guide on How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone? to safely restart your phone to fix the sign up error.
Method 4: Speed Up Internet
If you can’t sign up in the Skout app, you should consider checking your network connection. If the issue has not been caused by the WiFi router, then your network provider may be responsible for the issue. You should consider checking with your internet provider to make sure you are receiving stable and strong signals. If you are using mobile data, make sure you have an active internet plan to use the internet services. If you are having a slow internet service, you should check out our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone to speed up the internet.
Method 5: Update Skout App
1. Open Google Play Store and search for the Skout app.
2. Tap on Update to get the latest version of Kik on your smartphone.
Note: If you see the Open option, you might have already enabled the auto-update feature.
Also Read: How to Create Telegram Account on Android
Method 6: Update OS
The most likely cause of this issue is that there is an outdated version of the Android operating system on the device. By keeping your device up to date, you can ensure that you are getting the best out of every app you have installed on your phone, including the Skout app. You can read and follow our guide on 3 Ways to Check for Updates on your Android Phone to fix Skout sign up error.
Method 7: Clear Skout App Cache & Data
1. From your Phone home screen and open the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Now, tap on Manage apps > Skout.
4. Next, tap on Storage.
5. Then, tap Clear data and then, Clear cache as shown.
Also Read: Why GroupMe Won’t Let You Log In?
Method 8: Reinstall Skout App
1. Tap and hold the Skout app icon from the app drawer and tap on Uninstall.
2. Tap on Uninstall from the ensuing popup to confirm the action.
3. Install the Skout app from the Google Play Store and Sign up.
So, we hope you have understood how to download Skout and do Skout sign up on mobile and PC with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.