Removing a Popsocket from a device can be a tricky task. If done incorrectly, it can cause damage to the device or the Popsocket itself. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to safely remove a Popsocket without breaking anything. In this guide, we will discuss the best methods for removing a Popsocket without causing any damage. We will also provide tips on how to prevent damage when removing a Popsocket in the future.
How to Remove Popsocket Without Breaking Anything
1. Start by heating up the adhesive on the back of the Popsocket with a hairdryer.
2. Once the adhesive is warm, use a plastic card or a butter knife to gently pry the Popsocket off the surface.
3. If the Popsocket is still stuck, use a bit of rubbing alcohol to help loosen the adhesive.
4. Once the Popsocket is off, use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to remove any remaining adhesive.
5. Finally, use a microfiber cloth to clean the surface of the phone or case.
A PopSocket may break while being removed for a variety of reasons, but there aren’t enough to warrant employing one. With the phone screens getting bigger pop sockets are the easiest way to use them single-handedly. All of us have fallen prey to breaking it while removing them. People usually try to remove with by just pulling it or using a sharp object to remove it apart. In this article, we will learn about how to remove PopSocket without breaking anything and how to reattach PopSocket to base.
How to Remove Popsocket Without Breaking Anything
Continue reading to know about the ways to remove Popsocket without breaking anything in detail.
What is PopSocket?
A pop socket is a kind of phone accessory that is stuck to the phones to have a grip. It is available in various types. One of the widely used is a sticky one. The adhesive enables us to stick it on the phones. It can be used for multiple purposes like texting, watching videos, and taking selfies. Other than that, it can also be used for cord wrapping, video chatting, camera protection, and as a stand. It can be stuck on different levels depending on their usage. For example, you can stick it at the center to use it as a grip, bottom for video chatting and two pop sockets above and below the center helps you secure your wired earphones.
How to Take Off a PopSocket
Though removing it looks easy, it requires a lot of patience and agility. Until next time, you can have a look at the various methods regarding how to take off a PopSocket.
Method 1: Using Nails
As long as you have long nails you can easily use this method to remove your pop socket by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Contract the top of the PopSocket.
2. Gently move your nails around the stuck part of the PopSocket to dismount it.
3. Slowly pull out from the phone and stick it where ever required.
Method 2: Using Dental Floss
Dental floss is one of the tools that can work wonders when considering how to remove PopSocket without breaking anything. You can follow the steps mentioned below to learn the use of dental floss while removing a PopSocket attached to a device.
1. Contract the PopSocket if it is expanded.
2. Use your fingers to get a good grasp of the PopSocket.
3. Slide in the dental floss as far as possible.
4. Your PopSocket is removed without breaking.
Also Read: How Do You Connect Your Mini Camera to Your Phone
Method 3: Using Card
Another effective method to remove PopSocket without breaking anything is by removing a card. A card can be any business card, credit or debit card, ID card, or gift card. Let’s take a look at how to take off a PopSocket using a card.
1. Keep it in its contracted form.
2. Precisely wedge the base using any card.
3. Lift off the card slowly to remove from the device.
Method 4: Using Hair Dryer
A hairdryer can be used to get rid from the phone by heating the adhesive. The steps about how to take off a PopSocket from the phone using a hair dryer is listed below.
1. Keep the hair dryer in the lowest heat setting.
2. Hold it 4-8 inches away from the phone.
3. Move the hair dryer to and fro around the base.
4. Repeat the process unless it comes off.
Also Read: Fix Xfinity Pods Not Working
Method 5: Using Isopropyl Alcohol
Using Isopropyl alcohol can be one of the easiest methods to get rid of the PopSocket without breaking it. You can follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Keep it in a contracted form.
2. Spray the Isopropyl alcohol along the base and let it stay for a minute or two.
3. Use any sharp tool to make space between the PopSocket and the phone.
4. Gently remove the PopSocket from the phone.
Note: Do not forget to wash your hands after using Isopropyl alcohol.
After the removal of the PopSocket ensure to keep it safe by sticking it on butter paper. It is important to do so as once the base gets exposed to dirt and dust, you will not be able to reuse the PopSocket in the future.
How to Clean PopSocket Adhesive
After the safe removal of the PopSocket comes the tedious part of cleaning the PopSocket adhesive. The adhesive leaves a sticky residue post the removal of the PopSocket from the phone or the phone case. Therefore we have brought you ways to clean PopSocket adhesive.
- Isopropyl Alchohol: With Isopropyl alcohol, you can easily clean PopSocket adhesive by just spraying it over the sticky part and wiping it with tissue paper or cotton cloth.
- Duct tapes: Using Duct tape is the easiest way to remove the leftover adhesive. You just need to stick the duct tape over the adhesive firmly and rip it off. It absorbs all the stickiness, which will clean the surface of any residue. You can repeat it in case there is some residue left here and there.
- Baking Soda: Using baking soda is one of the convenient methods to get rid of the PopSocket adhesive. All you need to do is sprinkle some baking soda over the sticky area and rub it with a toothbrush. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth to have a clean phone surface.
- Nail polish remover: Nail Polish remover also does a fair job of cleaning the residue of the PopSocket adhesive. You just need to pour some drops of the nail polish remover over the sticky area and wipe it with cotton.
Note: Do not forget to wash your hands after using Isopropyl alcohol and nail polish remover.
How to Reattach PopSocket to Base
There is set of procedures that are required to be followed when you want to reattach it to base. Read and follow the steps mentioned below to reuse a PopSocket.
1. Keep the base of the PopSocket in cold water for 5-10 seconds.
2. Let the pop socket dry for about 10 minutes by keeping the sticky side facing up.
Note: Do not let it dry for very long, it might lose its stickiness. If it does not dry in 10 minutes then gently wipe it with tissue paper or a towel.
3. Stick the pop socket on any clean surface. Make sure to let the PopSocket rest for an hour at least so that it can last longer.
Other than phones PopSockets can also be used on tables, windows, and walls. However, there are certain surfaces where you cannot use it like silicon, leather, or materials that are waterproof.
Also Read: Fix Corsair Scimitar Side Buttons Not Working
How to Make a PopSocket Last Longer
It can last for a very long time depending on how carefully you use it. You can ensure some points to make them last even longer.
- Try not to remove the PopSocket often as exposure to dirt and dust will reduce its stickiness.
- Gently handle the expansion and contraction of the PopSocket. Rigid use of the expanding part can result in breakage.
Alternative for Sticky PopSocket
Some of them may last longer some do not. Therefore, you can use other alternatives that can help you overcome the issue to remove them without breaking anything.
- Magnetic PopSocket: These PopSockets automatically get stuck to your devices. Removing and fixing it is just a matter of seconds. You can buy it online or you’re your nearby shops. The only problem with this PopSocket is that you cannot get a sturdy grip like the sticky one.
- Phone case with holder or stand: This can be a good alternative as they last longer and serve all purposes of a PopSocket. These are easily available in markets and online stores.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I reuse a PopSocket?
Ans. Yes, it is an accessory meant to be reused. It is claimed by the manufacturers that a pop socket can be used 100 times and expanded and contracted 12000 times. Therefore you can easily reuse provided you follow the correct steps of removal and reattachment.
Q2. Does PopSocket ruin your phone case?
Ans. Yes, it can ruin the phone case if it is thin. It can stretch out the case while removing. However, if you use a hard phone case, there won’t be any problem other than the leftover sticky residue of the PopSocket. You can easily clean it with the methods mentioned above in the article.
Q3. How to remove the white tape from PopSocket?
Ans. It is a common issue that happens while removing a PopSocket. The white tape is 3m tape that holds it and phone together. You can remove that tape by using a hair dryer or heat gun to dissolve the adhesive and then slowly peel it off. The residue can be removed by using the above-mentioned methods.
Q4. How long can a PopSocket stay exposed to air?
Ans. It should not be exposed for more than 15 minutes if the idea is to use it again as a result of exposure to dirt and dust the adhesive dries out. Either you can cover it with butter paper and use it later or use it within 15 minutes of removal.
The above-mentioned were the ways how to take off a PopSocket and how to reattach PopSocket to base. You might have understood that removing a PopSocket is not at all a task. All you need is little patience and tips and tricks to easily remove and fix your PopSockets. We hope this guide helped you to find out how to remove PopSocket without breaking anything. Please share your queries or suggestions in the comment section below.
How to Remove a Popsocket Without Breaking Anything
Popsockets are a great way to add a bit of personality to your phone, but sometimes you may need to remove them. Removing a Popsocket without breaking anything can be tricky, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be done. Here are some tips on how to remove a Popsocket without breaking anything.
Step 1: Gather the Right Tools
The first step to removing a Popsocket without breaking anything is to gather the right tools. You will need a flathead screwdriver, a pair of tweezers, and a hairdryer. The flathead screwdriver will be used to pry the Popsocket off the phone, while the tweezers will be used to remove any debris that may be stuck in the adhesive. The hairdryer will be used to soften the adhesive so that it can be removed more easily.
Step 2: Heat the Adhesive
Once you have gathered the necessary tools, the next step is to heat the adhesive. Use the hairdryer to heat the adhesive for about 30 seconds. This will soften the adhesive and make it easier to remove. Be sure to keep the hairdryer at least 6 inches away from the phone to avoid damaging it.
Step 3: Pry the Popsocket Off
Once the adhesive has been heated, use the flathead screwdriver to pry the Popsocket off the phone. Be sure to use gentle pressure and move slowly to avoid damaging the phone. Once the Popsocket is off, use the tweezers to remove any debris that may be stuck in the adhesive.
Step 4: Clean the Phone
Once the Popsocket has been removed, it is important to clean the phone. Use a damp cloth to remove any remaining adhesive and debris. Be sure to dry the phone thoroughly before applying a new Popsocket.
Removing a Popsocket without breaking anything can be tricky, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be done. Be sure to gather the necessary tools, heat the adhesive, pry the Popsocket off, and clean the phone before applying a new one. With these tips, you can easily remove a Popsocket without breaking anything.