When it comes to chatting on social media, the Facebook Messenger app comes to mind. Each alternate year, Facebook makes some changes to the Messenger app. Like in 2008, it was a simple Facebook chat; in 2011, it was developed for iOS and Android users; in 2015, it separated from the Facebook app; and in 2018, it gave users a calling service. In 2020, Facebook released the Messenger desktop app for Windows and macOS. It now has a video and voice call service and other great chat features. Even though Messenger is the most well-known and easiest-to-use app, some users have reported issues. If you are one of those who have questions, like how to remove an account from Messenger app and why I can’t remove my account in Messenger, stay tuned till the end for the answers. You will also learn how to delete my Messenger account without Facebook and how to logout an account on Messenger. This article will help you find the solution to all your questions.
How to Remove an Account from Messenger App
You will get to know how to remove an account from Messenger app further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
There are some strong reasons why you can’t remove your account from Messenger.
- One of the common reasons is that most users try to remove Messenger without deleting their Facebook accounts. Your Facebook is linked to Messenger, so you have to first delete your Facebook account, then only you can remove your Messenger account.
- Another reason could be that when you enabled the Messenger account recovery feature, your Messenger account was permanently saved to your device, even if you lost your phone number or email address.
Following below are the steps through which you can logout an account on Messenger:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Messenger app with your Facebook account.
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Swipe down and tap on Account settings.
4. Then, tap on Security and login.
5. Tap on See more from the WHERE YOU’RE LOGGED IN section, as shown below.
6. Tap on Log out of all sessions.
7. Finally, tap on Log Out to confirm the action.
Also Read: How to Remove Accounts on Instagram
How Do I Remove an Account from My Messenger App? How to Remove an Account from Messenger App?
How to Remove Account from Messenger on Android?
After knowing how to remove an account from Messenger app, follow the steps below through which you can remove an account on Android:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on Apps.
3. Tap on Messenger from the list of the apps installed on your Android phone.
4. Tap on Storage & cache.
5. Then, tap on Cache > Clear cache.
Also Read: How to Log Out of Minecraft
How Do You Remove This Account is Also Logged into Facebook on This Device Messenger?
You can fix this account is also logged into Facebook on this device issue with the help of the steps mentioned above. By clearing the cache of the Messenger app, you’ll be successfully able to remove the Messenger account.
How Do I Remove the Messenger Account from My iPhone? How to Remove Account from Messenger on iPhone?
Upon knowing how to remove an account from Messenger app, below are the steps through which you can remove your Messenger account from your iPhone. You can log out of your Facebook account to get automatically logged out of the Messenger account from the Messenger app.
1. Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Menu tab from the bottom bar.
3. Then, swipe down to the bottom of the screen and tap on Log out.
4. Tap on Log out from the popup to remove the account from your Facebook and Messenger apps.
Your Messenger account is interconnected with your Facebook account. You will have to delete the Facebook account from the Facebook or Messenger app to delete the Messenger account successfully.
So, we hope this article has answered all your questions and concerns. This article covers all the essential information related to the Messenger app and the logout process. This article gave you an idea of how to remove an account from Messenger app and various ways to log out of an account from Messenger. If you still have any doubts, drop them down in the comment section below.