While studying via school Chromebook is the primary task, some students like to explore it for other activities too. For the majority of children, Chromebook is the only tech device that they can have access to. It is natural for such kids to use these school-issued Chromebooks to ease their minds for sometimes which mostly involves playing games. Roblox is one such gaming platform that kids thoroughly enjoy on their school Chromebooks. However, some might encounter issues while accessing Roblox leaving them to wonder about how to play Roblox on school Chromebook. Let us see in detail about, how do you unblock Roblox on school Chrome book and play Roblox games without downloading.
How to Play Roblox on School Chromebook
In recent times, COVID brought along many changes, one of which is remote education. This brings us to the limelight of our guide today which is Chromebook. School Chromebooks by Google have been nothing but a great asset for children completing their education remotely. These Chromebooks have pre-installed Chrome browser and some mundane tools to complete regular tasks. Therefore, it is a great tool for students for its sole purpose of studying. Here, we have shown the steps to how do you unblock Roblox on school Chromebook and also a full guide to play Roblox on Chromebook.
Why Can’t I Play Roblox on School Chromebook?
While Roblox is available for most Chromebooks, for some students it is impossible to launch the app on their Chromebook provided by the school. If this is the case with you then there might be some reasons to cause this issue which are listed below:
- Outdated Chrome operating system.
- Google Play Store disabled in device settings.
- The Roblox app does not work with Bluetooth mice or other Bluetooth devices connected to the Chromebook.
So, before you know how to play Roblox on school Chromebook, ensure that the above-mentioned steps are clearly followed.
You can play Roblox on your school Chromebook very easily, it does not matter if you have Play Store or not. If Play Store for your Chromebook provided by the school is blocked, you can still play the game on the Chrome browser. To play games on Roblox via Google Play Store, follow the steps given below:
1. Firstly, sign in to your Chromebook and open the Quick Settings panel from the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Now, click on the Settings gear icon.
3. Next, select the Apps option from the left side panel.
4. Now, enable Google Play Store by clicking on Turn on button.
5. Then, open Google Play Store and search Roblox in it.
6. Select Install and launch Roblox.
7. Create your account in it and open the game from the App Drawer.
Also Read: How to Remove Account from Chromebook
Can I Play Roblox Games Without Downloading?
It is entirely possible to play the games on Roblox without the app download. You can access the Chrome browser in your school Chromebook and simply open the Roblox website. There is nothing challenging in playing Roblox games without downloading them. You can play games on your browser without any lag.
To do so, you need to have a Roblox account that requires your credentials, and voila, you will be able to play Roblox games without downloading them. To know more about step-by-step instructions in detail, read below:
1. Open Roblox on your Chrome browser.
2. Now, fill in your details in the box and click on Sign Up.
3. Once your account has been created, you will receive an email confirmation.
4. Confirm the registration by following the link in the email.
5. Finally, Login to your account in Roblox and play games of your choice in it.
Also Read: How to Fix Roblox Error 279
How Do You Unblock Roblox on School Chromebook
While some easily launch Roblox app on their Chromebook, others find it difficult to run the app and play games due to Roblox being blocked on their Chromebook. In this case, you need to unblock it and then access your Roblox account to play your favorite games. Let us look at some of the common ways that can help you with unblocking Roblox.
Method 1: Use VPN
The first method that can help you in knowing how to play Roblox on school Chromebook involves using a VPN. It is a popular way to unblock Roblox and other kinds of geo-restricted content on your school Chromebook. Also, this method is very valuable if your ISP or network administrator restricts Roblox on your Chromebook network. In case you are connected to your school network, you may not be able to access Roblox.
- Virtual Private Network, also known as VPN, lets you change your IP address which you can choose yourself.
- The IP address is what connects your school Chromebook to the internet.
- Your school uses this IP address to block websites like Roblox. So, all you have to do is connect to a VPN server where Roblox is not blocked.
- By connecting to a VPN, you will be allotted a new IP address, which is chosen by you and has not blocked Roblox.
This method of unblocking Roblox is quite effective and one of the most opted ones too. You can also check our guide on the 15 Best VPN for Google Chrome To Access Blocked Sites which will help you in choosing the best VPN for your Chromebook.
Note: All VPNs do not work with the school network. Schools can block certain VPNs.
Method 2: Use DNS Server
If you are still wondering about, how do you unblock Roblox on school Chromebook then our next method will surely help you out. It involves using a DNS server which is similar to a VPN. Domain Name System, also known as DNS, is a system that is used for matching website hostnames. It works by replacing your DNS assigned by ISP with a private one from the location chosen by you.
- A smart DNS server will provide you with a great connection speed along with no encryption.
- So, if you want you are concerned about your identity and want to unblock Roblox, then using a DNS server is the best thing to do.
You can check our guide on 10 Best Public DNS Servers in 2022: Comparison & Review, to find yourself a suitable match.
Also Read: How to Fix DHCP Lookup Failed Error in Chromebook
Method 3: Use Proxy Server
The next method to help you answer how do you unblock Roblox on school Chromebook involves using a Proxy server. A proxy server is a software that acts as a middleman between your Chromebook which is unable to access Roblox and the blocked site (Roblox). It helps in masking your identity and establishes a private connection that keeps the network secure.
- A proxy server works by routing the traffic through itself for being the originating point of the operations.
- While Chrome has its own built-in proxy software, there are many on the internet that can help you in achieving the same.
You can also check our guide on Top 9 Free Proxy Software for Windows 10 to know more about what proxy servers are and which ones are available on the internet.
Method 4: Use Unlocking App
Other than using a VPN and a proxy server, you can also make use of an unlocking app to bypass internet restrictions and access Roblox. You can also use this option if you are having trouble getting a VPN to work or are facing difficulty in operating a proxy server.
The unlocking app works the same way as a VPN. They work by changing your IP address and help in allowing you to access blocked websites. These are easy to download and set up on a Chromebook. Once installed, select a country in it and simply connect to the internet. The only catch in using an unlocking app is that it is not reliable and as fast as a VPN.
Method 5: Install Roblox from Another Source
The last method that can help you with how to play Roblox on school Chromebook is to install Roblox from a different source altogether. While the normal way of downloading the app is via Google Play Store, if this does not work for your Chromebook then you can opt for another source such as APKPure from where you can install the Roblox app very easily. Follow the steps below to install Roblox from APKPure:
1. Search the APKPure website in your Chrome browser and open it.
2. Now, type Roblox in the search bar and press enter.
3. Click on Download APK (155.9 MB) to install the file.
4. Once the file has been installed, launch it on your Chromebook.
5. Now, create your account on it, and play games on it.
Also Read: Fix An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I play Roblox without downloading it?
Ans. You can play Roblox without downloading it via the browser on your system where you can simply access Roblox website and play games on it. Also, you can get the help of third-party websites to do so.
Q2. Why can’t I access Roblox on my Chromebook?
Ans. Usually, on school Chromebooks Google Play Store and some websites are blocked from accessing. As these Chromebooks are managed by the school administration, these often come with blocked access to Google Play Store and sites like Roblox.
Q3. Why does it say that the user is blocked on Roblox?
Ans. A user blocked on Roblox is caused by having the Account PIN feature enabled on the account that you are using on your device.
Q4. Is Chromebook good for playing games?
Ans. Yes, Chromebook is surprisingly a great system to play games on. You can stream games through various streaming services like Google Stadia.
Q5. Is Roblox suitable for all age groups?
Ans. No, Roblox has an ESRB rating of E10+ and above. It involves fantasy violence and is suitable for most kids.
We hope that our doc was helpful in guiding you thoroughly about Roblox on Chromebook. Let us know how we could be of help to you in enlightening you on how to play Roblox on school Chromebook. For more queries or suggestions for us, leave your valuable comments in the section given below.