If there is one thing that remains interesting and exciting for people of all age groups despite the generational gap, it is card games. Without games like Cards Against Humanity, parties become boring especially when you run out of topics to discuss and games to play. But if you have never played this game before, you might be wondering how to play Cards Against Humanity online with friends and get the most out of this game. So, continue reading to know all about it.
How to Play Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity is a popular card game that focuses on maximum participation by the players. In simple words, this is a fill-in-the-blank game that has fun questions to which you and other players can add hilarious answers and laugh till you cry. So, whether you have dark jokes or sarcastic comments, this game gives a perfect opportunity to let your funny side shine. If you are also looking for a fun card game to fill awkward silence at parties, you might have hit the jackpot.
Are you also wondering how to play this game without losing your peace of mind? If so, you will be glad to hear that this card game is a piece of cake. All you have to do is follow these steps:
Note: Although there is no upper-limit, you need at least 4 players to play Cards Against Humanity.
1. Begin the game by drawing ten white cards to each player. Ensure that white answer cards and black question cards are facing down.
2. Next, any player can begin the game by taking one card from the question cards’ deck and reading it aloud. This person becomes the Czar for this round.
3. Now, other players have to pick the funniest answer card from their deck. Keep the selected white cards separately in a pile facing down. For instance, if the black card says Pick 2 then you have to select 2 white cards from your hand.
4. Now, the Czar has to pick up the white cards, shuffle them, and read aloud. Remember that the Czar cannot know who gave which white card.
5. The Czar chooses the best according to him/her and the winning card gets the point. You can track your points by giving the winner 1 black card.
Note: Remember to set aside all the white cards from this round in a separate discard pile.
Now you have to repeat all these steps and play rounds and rounds of Cards Against Humanity until a person wins 5 black cards.
Also Read: How to Play Swiftle
How to Play Cards Against Humanity Online?
Avoiding public gatherings and staying at home has become a staple for everyone after COVID-19. Although almost everything has slowly come back to its normal pace, several offices still run on the work from home system. Luckily, learning how to play Cards Against Humanity online with friends gives you the perfect long-awaited chance to stay connected with people over a fun card game. Just follow the steps below:
1. Visit the official Cards Against Humanity Lab.
2. Click on the check box against the version you would like to play:
- Regular Game, Age 17+
- Family Edition, Age 8+
3. Next, scroll down to specify your age and other questions displayed on the screen.
4. Finally, click on Start! and get ready to have fun with hilarious questions and unimaginable answers.
Also Read: How to Play Gacha Club Online for Free
How to Play Cards Against Humanity Online with Friends?
There is no doubt that Cards Against Humanity is the best way to kill time. You can play it with your friends and family and have a blast without stepping out. Although this game is not available on the internet, you can still play similar ones. Here is how you can play:
1. Browse the official Bad Cards website on your laptop.
2. Click on New Game button.
3. Select a game from the available options and click on Next from the bottom of the page.
4. Next, enter your nickname in My nickname is: field and click on Next.
5A. Select Invite-only game privacy, if you wish to play with your friends only and click on Next.
5B. Or else, choose Public option to play with anyone who’s online.
6. Choose Official Card Packs or Custom Card Packs in Pack Selection and click on Finish.
7. Finally, click on Copy and share the game code with your friends to let them join the room easily.
8. Once all the players join the room using your invite link, click on Start the Game!
Other Online Card Games
Apart from this, other options similar to Bad Cards website to play card games online with friends & family are listed below:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the objective of Cards Against Humanity?
Ans. The objective of Cards Against Humanity is to amp up your party and give people something to laugh about. Here you get a set of cards with generally provocative yet hilarious questions and you have to answer them in the most chucklesome way possible.
Q2. How many black cards do you need to win in Cards Against Humanity?
Ans. You need 5 black cards to win a round in Cards Against Humanity.
Q3. Where can I play Cards Against Humanity online for free?
Ans. You can play Cards Against Humanity on any of the above-mentioned websites.
Q4. Can you play Cards Against Humanity online on your phone?
Ans. No, you cannot play Cards Against Humanity online on your smartphone. However, you can access other similar games via the platforms mentioned earlier in the article.
Q5. Does Cards Against Humanity have an app?
Ans. No, developers have not released an app for Cards Against Humanity as of now.
We hope that this article helped you in understanding how to play Cards Against Humanity online or offline. Once players understand how the game works, there is no doubt that your next house party is going to be amazing. Let us know about your reviews and suggestions in the comments section below.