Migrating a WordPress website can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and a bit of know-how, you can migrate your WordPress website in just two steps.
Step 1: Backup Your Website
The first step in migrating a WordPress website is to back up your website. This is an important step as it ensures that all of your data is safe and secure. There are several ways to back up your website, including using a plugin, manually backing up your files, or using a third-party service.
Step 2: Transfer Your Website
Once you have backed up your website, the next step is to transfer it to the new server. This can be done using an FTP client, or you can use a plugin such as Duplicator or All-in-One WP Migration. Once the transfer is complete, you will need to update your domain name settings and configure your new server.
And that’s it! With just two steps, you can migrate your WordPress website. Just remember to always back up your website before making any changes.
Migrating your WordPress website can seem like a daunting task. It’s a risky and intimidating process, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing.
But it’s actually not as difficult as it may seem. Especially if you follow this detailed guide and use an automatic migration tool.
In short, here’s how you can migrate your WordPress website yourself in three simple steps:
- Go to Hostinger and choose a WordPress web hosting plan.
- Login to your Hostinger account and use the automatic migration tool.
- Enjoy your newly migrated WordPress website!
To see this process in more detail, read the instructions below.
If something goes wrong and your website breaks, our customer support team will be able to help you 24/7.
We also have a dedicated website migration team that can migrate your website for you. All you have to do is place a request and wait 24 hours.
1. Choose a new WordPress Hosting Plan
Hostinger’s WordPress web hosting plans will let you get the most out of your WordPress site.
Each plan includes lots of different features that all WordPress website owners need. However, here is what will truly change your experience of running a WordPress site when you chose Hostinger:
- LiteSpeed Cache plugin. Speed is crucial for WordPress websites, which is why we use LiteSpeed WebServer that’s specially adapted for WordPress. We also provide the LiteSpeed Cache plugin, which shaves off the website’s loading time down to the last possible millisecond.
- Managed WordPress. You will get a collection of easy-to-use tools that will help you manage your WordPress website. This includes hundreds of written and video tutorials.
- 24/7 Customer Support. Accessible through a live chat, our customer support team are WordPress specialists that will answer your questions at any time of the day, any day of the year.
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. All WordPress hosting plans include a free SSL certificate that encrypts all sensitive data. Your visitors will be able to enter their contact and payment details without any risks.
- Free email account. Having a professional email address that shows your company name will automatically build trust with your clients. All WP plans include at least one free email account with your domain name.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee. Hostinger is one of the very few hosting providers that can guarantee such a high uptime. It’s also probably the only one that comes with such affordable price tags.
- Free domain. Starter, Business, and Pro WordPress hosting plans come with a free domain name. This is guaranteed to save you money that you would inevitably spend on registering your domain name elsewhere.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. If you try our WordPress hosting and decide it doesn’t fulfill your needs, we’ll return your money risk-free as long as it’s within 30 days from signup.
Log in to your new Hostinger account to access the hPanel.
Scroll down to Website and click Migrate Website.
Press Request Hosting Migration to access the migration tool.
Fill in the required information, click Submit, and begin the website migration process.
How to Point a Domain Name to Hostinger
Seeing as you’re migrating your website to Hostinger, it only makes sense to point your domain to us too. Doing so will let you have all of your accounts in one place, simplifying the management by a mile.
Lucky for you, pointing a domain to Hostinger is simpler than you may think. You just need to change the domain nameservers and wait up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
Here’s how you can do that in three steps:
- Log in to your Hostinger account to access the hPanel. Scroll down to Advanced and click DNS Zone Editor.
- Go to the search bar and type in NS to find the nameservers.
The nameservers should read ns1.dns-parking.com and ns2.dns-parking.com.
- Log in to your current domain registrar and locate the DNS editor (keep in mind that it could be named differently depending on the registrar). Replace the current nameservers with the new Hostinger ones and click Save.
Allow up to 24 hours for the changes to take place.
And in case anything breaks, you can always reach out to our customer support team – they’re available 24/7.
How to Migrate a WordPress Website in 2 Steps
Migrating a WordPress website can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and a bit of know-how, you can easily migrate your WordPress website in just two steps.
Step 1: Backup Your Website
The first step in migrating your WordPress website is to backup your website. This is an important step as it ensures that you have a copy of your website in case something goes wrong during the migration process. There are several ways to backup your website, including using a plugin or manually backing up your files and database.
Step 2: Migrate Your Website
Once you have backed up your website, you can begin the migration process. This process involves transferring your website files and database from one server to another. There are several ways to do this, including using a plugin or manually transferring the files and database. Once the migration is complete, you will need to update your domain name settings to point to the new server.
Migrating a WordPress website can be a complicated process, but with the right tools and a bit of know-how, you can easily migrate your website in just two steps. By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your website is successfully migrated and ready to go.