Microsoft recently announced that it is going to integrate OpenAI technologies into its products. One of the most widely used Microsoft products is Microsoft Word. An entrepreneur has already launched a third-party OpenAI-supported add-in for Microsoft Word that allows users to use ChatGPT on their Word files. A recently launched third-party application for Microsoft Word called Ghostwriter allows users to query OpenAI’s ChatGPT in the Word sidebar. In this guide, we will discuss what is Ghostwriter add-in for Word and how you can use it on your documents by getting a subscription plan. We will also discuss what is ChatGPT integrated into Microsoft Word with Ghostwriter add-in and steps to understand how to integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word queries.
How to Integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to Integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding. But before that, let’s learn what is ChatGPT.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI-based chatbot that was developed by OpenAI. ChatGPT takes queries from the users and responds accordingly. Often, considered one the most sophisticated AI chatbots, ChatGPT Microsoft Word provides accurate and precise responses to user queries. The chatbot can use text inputs from the user and provide human-like responses in a conversational manner using advanced deep-learning techniques.
What is Ghostwriter Add-in for Microsoft Word?
The Ghostwriter add-in is an official add-in that allows users to use ChatGPT on Microsoft Word.
- The add-in uses OpenAI’s API key.
- It uses this key to query ChatGPT and get user responses directly in Microsoft Word.
- Developed by Seattle-based developer Patrick Husting, Ghostwriter has grown in popularity ever since it was launched.
- Patrick, himself comes with valuable experience having worked at Microsoft’s consulting business in the late 1990s.
- In the future, Patrick also aims to launch new add-ins for other Microsoft platforms.
Continue reading to know how to get ChatGPT integrated into Microsoft Word with Ghostwriter add-in.
Also Read: Opera Integrates ChatGPT into its Toolbar
What is Ghostwriter Subscription?
Ghostwriter is not a free add-in, and a user has to purchase a subscription plan to avail himself of its services. Currently, two subscription plans are being offered to users.
- The subscription plans for ChatGPT start at $10, this package supports ChatGPT up to two paragraphs.
- You can further upgrade your plan with the $25 plan that gives you configurable ChatGPT support.
- You can use PayPal, debit, or credit cards to pay for your subscription plans to get Ghostwriter add in for Word.
- When you add the Ghostwriter add-in to your Microsoft Word, you will be required to buy a subscription plan to use the add-in.
- The subscription plan provides a list of privileges and helps you write better in Word.
Keep reading to learn how to integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word.
What is Word Basic Edition Plan?
The Word Basic Edition plan offers the following features to users.
- The plan supports Windows, Mac, and Web versions of Word.
- The plan supports Office 2019, Office 2021, and MSFT365.
- OpenAI model GPT-3
- The plan responds to up to 2 paragraphs.
- The plan provides you with bug-fix features for one year.
- It works only with a single OpenAI key.
Note: The user must get a FREE or PAID OpenAI key.
What is the Word Pro Edition?
The other plan that is offered by the Ghostwriter add-in is Word Pro Edition. This plan provides you with ChatGPT Microsoft Word and the following features.
- All the features are provided in the Word Basic Edition plan.
- Works with all available OpenAI models.
- Provide a configurable response length.
- Provides free updates and bug fixes.
- Also works on a single OpenAI key.
Note: The user must get a FREE or PAID OpenAI key.
Also Read: What is Page Break in Microsoft Word?
How to Get ChatGPT Integrated into Microsoft Word with Ghostwriter Add-in?
As we now know, Ghostwriter was developed to integrate ChatGPT into the Microsoft Word platform. However, integrating it into a personal computer can be challenging for the Microsoft Word platform. However, integrating it into a personal computer can be challenging. In the following section, we will give you steps to integrate the Ghostwriter add-in with the Word web application and the Word desktop application.
Option I: On Microsoft Word Online
Now that we know, what is ChatGPT? and how Ghostwriter works, let’s know the steps for integrating this add-in to Word. You can integrate ChatGPT into the Microsoft Word web version. A user will only need to add the Ghostwriter add-in to their Word web. You can follow these simple steps to integrate this add-in.
1. Open the web browser and visit the official Microsoft Office page.
Note: Make sure to sign in to your Microsoft account.
2. From the left pane, click on Word.
3. Here, click on New blank document.
4. Now, switch to the Insert tab.
5. Click on the three-dotted icon > Add-ins.
6. Click on STORE.
7. Now, search for Ghostwriter and click Add from the search result.
8. You should be able to see the Ghostwriter add-in on the right-side pane in Word.
Also Read: OpenAI Launches ChatGPT Plus
Option II: On Microsoft Word Desktop
You can also integrate ChatGPT into your Word desktop app as an add-in. Follow these simple steps for the same.
Note: Make sure you are subscribed to a Microsoft 360 plan to be able to install add-ins.
1. Open Microsoft Word from the Windows Start menu.
2. Now, select a Blank document and switch to the Insert tab.
3. Here, locate and click on Get Add-ins.
4. In the Office Add-ins dialog box, click on STORE.
5. Now, search for Ghostwriter.
6. Click on the Add option to install the Ghostwriter add-in to Word.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What does the Ghostwriter add-in do?
Ans. The Ghostwriter add-in for Microsoft Word allows Word users to send text queries to ChatGPT and get human-like conversational responses in return.
Q2. Is Ghostwriter add-in free?
Ans. No, the Ghostwriter add-in is not free. The basic add-in plan starts from $10.
Q3. Does Ghostwriter add-in work on MS Office 2016?
Ans. No, the basic Ghostwriter add-in plan only supports MS Office version 2019 and later.
Q4. Who created the Ghostwriter add-in?
Ans. The Ghostwriter add-in was developed by Seattle-based programmer and developer Patrick Husting.
Q5. How much does Ghostwriter costs?
Ans. The basic plan cost $10 and the Pro plan costs $25 for users who wish to use the add-in.
We hope this guide was helpful to you to learn how to Integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.