Spyder IDE, or Spyder Integrated Development Environment, is a Python-based scientific programming platform. It is a software application that provides the software developer ease of working by offering closely related elements with a standardized user interface design. The Spyder IDE has a few color scheme options for your visual comfort, and you may switch to a dark theme if you like. If you are also dealing with the same necessity, you are at the right place. We bring to you a perfect guide that will help you learn how to change Spyder IDE theme and how to change the Spyder editor background to dark.
How to Get Dark Theme on Spyder IDE
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to get dark theme on Spyder IDE in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Change Spyder Theme to Dark on Mac Operating System?
When it comes to selecting a color theme for your Spyder IDE, you have several options. Additionally, there are a few differences in the kind of darks it provides. If you use a Mac, we’ll walk you through how to change Spyder theme to dark on your device. Simply adhere to the steps below to make your Spyder IDE app theme dark:
1. Open the Spyder application on your Mac.
2. Click on the Python option from the top left corner of the Ribbon.
3. Further, from the python drop-down menu, click on the Preferences… option.
4. Click on the Syntax coloring option from the left pane.
5. From the Scheme drop-down menu, select the desired dark theme of your choice. The Spyder Dark scheme is the darkest option available.
6. Click on OK to apply the theme changes to your Spyder IDE.
To see modifications made to the theme of the Spyder application you may need to close the application and re-open it.
Also Read: How to Change Microsoft Teams Background Image
How to Change the Spyder Dark Theme on Windows Operating System?
That simplicity in steps may be applied with the Windows operating system just as easily as it can with the Mac to switch to a dark mode. Let’s look at how to change the Spyder dark theme on Windows. Simply follow the directions below to switch your theme-
1. Open the Spyder app on your Windows PC/laptop.
2. Then, from the Ribbon displayed above, click on the Tools option.
3. Click on the Preferences option.
4. Then, click on the Appearance option from the left pane.
5. Select the Dark option from the Interface theme drop-down field.
6. Then, choose the desired Syntax highlighting theme for the dark theme from the drop-down menu.
Note: Select the Spyder Dark option for a more immersive experience.
7. Click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
8. Restart the Spyder app to implement the saved changes.
How to Change the Spyder Editor Background to Dark Dracula Theme?
Dracula provides a theme color downloading feature for several software applications, including Spyder. This service offers a variety of color schemes to satisfy everyone’s preferences and demands. You may install any Dracula theme, even the dark Dracula theme, on your Spyder application. You may get its independent themes downloaded on Spyder.
Let us look at how to change the Spyder editor background to dark using the dark Dracula theme.
1. Download and Install the Spyder IDE file on your PC or laptop.
2. Unzip the above folder.
3. Then, open ~/.spyder-py3/spyder.ini.
4. Navigate to the Appearance section.
5. Then, add Dracula to the names section containing names of all the other color schemes.
6. Add the content of the Dracula application at the end of the Appearance section.
7. Now, open your Spyder application.
8. Select the Tools option from the Ribbon.
9. Click on the Preferences > Appearance option.
10. Click on the Syntax Highlighting theme option and select the Dracula theme.
Also Read: Fix File Explorer Dark Theme Not Working on Windows 10
What is the Spyder 4 Version?
Many users of Spyder like to utilize black mode while working. To operate in the dark mode, you must change the Spyder application’s appearance. For precisely this reason, the Spyder software’s creators released Spyder 4 Beta 2 version, which has a dark theme by default, in response to user requests for a dark mode.
With regard to Spyder 4 beta 2, users must alter the appearance from dark to light mode from the settings because it is by default configured to appear in dark mode.
What are the Types of Themes on Spyder IDE?
In addition to the dark mode, the Spyder IDE offers a broad variety of other themes depending on your preferences and eye comfort.
Option I: Dark Scheme Options
On the dark side, we have the following options-
- Solarized Dark
- Spyder Dark
Option II: Light Scheme Options
On the light side, you have the following options-
- Solarized Light
All these themes are incorporated into the Spyder system and can be changed according to preference.
Also Read: How to Turn On Microsoft Outlook Dark Mode
Why and How to Change Spyder IDE Theme?
When working on Spyder IDE you get the option to apply the theme that you are more comfortable working with. With so many people preferring night mode when it comes to programming or even reading, Spyder decided to change the default theme to black on its Spyder 4 beta 2 versions. There are many positives to black mode. Let us take a look at why programmers prefer dark settings while working-
- The night setting put little to no strain on the eye when working. This is quite important for people who sit in front of the device day and night while working.
- Less intense Blue light emissions from the gadget are another benefit for the eyes. Because there is less blue light in dark mode, it is less harmful to the eyes.
- night mode uses less power to run making the charge on your device run longer.
- On a black background, syntax highlighting is easier to notice. With a black backdrop and light letters, the presented material is simpler to see and aids in sharpening focus.
Users of the vast majority of apps running on the devices, not just programmers, adore the night mode. Working in black mode has several perks, thus software developers are incorporating this feature into their applications.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Are there types of dark modes in Spyder IDE?
Ans. The Spyder IDE’s night color scheme has a few minor variations. The Spyder Black is the true dark theme, and there are a few others as well, like Monokai, Solarized Dark, Zenburn, and Emacs.
Q2. Why do programmers like dark mode?
Ans. There are many advantages to working in night mode, especially that it is less damaging to the eyes. Other benefits include better concentration, ease of working, and lower power consumption.
Q3. Can the theme be altered to the light mode in Spyder 4?
Ans. Yes, the theme can be altered to a light setting in Spyder 4. You will just follow the steps to alter the settings to a light theme the same as you did for dark.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to get dark theme on Spyder IDE and how to change Spyder IDE theme. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.