1. Check for any visible damage to the iPhone screen. If there are any cracks or chips, the white lines may be caused by physical damage to the screen. In this case, the best solution is to replace the screen.
2. Check the brightness settings on the iPhone. If the brightness is set too high, it can cause white lines to appear on the screen. Try reducing the brightness and see if the lines disappear.
3. Check the display settings on the iPhone. If the display is set to a low resolution, it can cause white lines to appear. Try increasing the resolution and see if the lines disappear.
4. Check for any software updates available for the iPhone. If there are any updates available, install them and see if the lines disappear.
5. If none of the above solutions work, the white lines may be caused by a hardware issue. In this case, the best solution is to take the iPhone to an Apple Store or authorized repair center for further diagnosis and repair.
The screen is the first thing we notice when we look at a phone, and if it is not clearly visible, problems can arise. The iPhone screen lines are sometimes caused by both internal and external issues. If it happened because of an internal issue, it can be fixed by just restarting. The majority of screen damage occurs when the phone is dropped or submerged in water. When it is caused by an external factor, you may need to employ complex methods or change the screen. Also, if the screen is showing white lines iPhone, it could be caused by faulty hardware components in your iPhone. This article will provide you with the reasons why iPhone screen has white lines and methods to fix it.
How to Fix White Lines on iPhone Screen
Keep reading further to find the methods explaining how to fix white lines on iPhone screen in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Why Does My iPhone Screen Have White Lines?
Your iPhone can have white lines on the screen, which could be due to:
- When you have a loose LCD cable connection or the connection gets damaged, the iPhone screen shows white lines.
- Also, it can happen because of cracked or improperly connected flex cables that are causing white lines on your screen.
Will Lines on iPhone Screen Go Away?
Yes, lines on the iPhone screen can go away only when the LCD cable connection of your device is repaired. So you need to visit the Apple Authorized Service Providers to replace it, which can fix the problem. This mostly happens when the phone is dropped on a hard surface or submerged in water.
When the iPhone screen has lines, you won’t be able to see the screen, or the middle part of the screen may become blank. It will look like the white color line in the middle of the screen, and the app and other things will be completely invisible.
Can You Fix Vertical Lines on iPhone?
Yes, it can be fixed if the screen is showing vertical lines on your iPhone.
- If it is caused by some minor glitch or internal problem, then simply restarting or rebooting in safe mode can solve the problem.
- But if it is happening because of an external factor, then you need to contact the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider to convey and get your screen problem fixed.
Following are the methods to fix white lines on your iPhone screen:
Method 1: Force Restart iPhone
You can force restart your device if you are facing the how to fix white lines on iPhone screen issue.
Option I: For iPhone 7 to 13
To force restart iPhone 7 to iPhone 13, you can read our article on How to Force Restart iPhone X.
Option II: For iPhone 6
To Force restart iPhone 6, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. First, for around 5 seconds, press and hold the Home button and Power button of your device.
2. After that, when the Apple logo will appear on the screen, then release both buttons.
Method 2: Update iOS
Update your iPhone OS (iOS) to fix the white lines on iPhone screen issue. If you are still running outdated software, some software glitches can be developed on your iPhone, thereby causing this issue.
Note: Before updating your iPhone, ensure that you have a strong internet connection with good internet speed.
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Also Read: How Much Does it Cost to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen on Android
Method 3: Reset All Settings
Resetting settings on your iPhone may fix the white lines problem on your iPhone.
1. Launch the iPhone Settings app.
2. After that, tap on the General option.
3. Tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. Tap on Reset.
5. Tap on Reset All Settings.
Method 4: Restore iPhone via DFU Mode
The DFU mode stands for Device Firmware Update Mode. Follow the steps given below to restore the phone via Device Firmware Update mode to resolve the white lines iPhone issue.
Note: When you opt for this method, ensure that you have done your iPhone backup as this method would erase all the data from your device.
1. First, connect your iPhone to your PC.
2. Launch the iTunes app and switch off your iPhone.
3. Following that, press the Power button for a few seconds and then press the Volume Down button without releasing the Power button.
4. Then, continue holding both Power + Volume down buttons for about 10 seconds and then release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
5. Now, if your iPhone screen is black and does not show recovery mode, your iPhone is entered successfully in DFU mode.
6. Next, tap on the Restore iPhone option to install a fresh OS.
Also Read: How to Fix Black Spot on iPhone Screen
Method 5: Factory Reset iPhone
Note: Factory reset is an extreme measure and it can remove all information and content from your device. Thus, you are advised to back up your device data before the following steps.
Another method that you can make use of to fix iPhone screen lines is to factory reset your device. To learn how you can perform a factory reset, you can read our guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone X.
Method 6: Visit Apple Authorized Service Provider
If nothing works, and you are still with the white lines on your iPhone, it is best to visit the Apple Authorized Service Provider near your location. The service team will help you recognize and fix the problem for you. You can visit the Apple Repair page to learn more about it.
We hope that you learned about how to fix white lines on iPhone screen. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.
How to Fix White Lines on iPhone Screen
White lines on an iPhone screen can be a sign of a hardware issue, but they can also be caused by a software issue. If you’re seeing white lines on your iPhone screen, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix the issue.
Step 1: Check for Physical Damage
The first step is to check for any physical damage to the iPhone. If the phone has been dropped or exposed to water, it could be the cause of the white lines. If you find any physical damage, you may need to take the phone to a repair shop.
Step 2: Restart the iPhone
If there is no physical damage, the next step is to restart the iPhone. To do this, press and hold the power button until the “slide to power off” slider appears. Slide the slider to the right and wait for the iPhone to turn off. Once it’s off, press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Step 3: Reset the iPhone
If restarting the iPhone doesn’t fix the issue, you may need to reset the iPhone. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Erase All Content and Settings”. This will erase all of your data and settings, so make sure you have a backup before proceeding. Once the reset is complete, you can restore your data from the backup.
Step 4: Contact Apple Support
If none of the above steps have fixed the issue, you may need to contact Apple Support. They can help you diagnose the issue and provide further instructions on how to fix it.