TikTok is a great entertainment platform that has become quite popular and addictive over the period of lockdown. Many people have rediscovered their careers with this platform. Let’s know more about it and all the baggage like responding to hate comments or how to delete comments on TikTok which come with it. Read the article till the end to know about how to permanently delete a message on TikTok and how to delete your comments on TikTok. Let’s dive in!
You will get to know how to delete your comments on TikTok further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
With the expanding craze of social media, the competition among different content creators is always at its peak. Most of them support each other but unlike them, some are always rooting for the other one to fall. All of the creators experience such negative and unwanted comments. Here are some ways in which you can ignore someone’s comments:
- Believe in yourself and don’t let the comments of others affect you. This way you can ignore all the unwanted tension and stress.
- Be true to the content you create and keep growing with innovative and attractive ideas.
- If it bothers you a lot, you can always block the accounts.
Sometimes it gets very hard and self-consuming dealing with hate comments when you’re working hard to entertain the audience. Here are some ways in which you can respond to hate comments and continue your work with enthusiasm at the same time.
- Ask them for an explanation: Mahatma Gandhi believed that if someone slaps you, allow them to do it twice. This either makes the person feel ashamed or they get to act mercifully in front of others. In this case, ask the person why they feel that way and if they believed something else was off-beat too. This might shock them as they aimed to trigger you, instead, you accepted criticism with open arms.
- Accept what they think is right: Give them exactly what they want, and straight-up agree to what they say. This completely defeats the purpose of their rude comment.
- Thank them for their comment: People get irritated when someone acts good even if they acted like fools. Instead of responding negatively, thank them for their critical opinion. This sends a strong message to the other person that you won’t get triggered by these mean comments.
- Act funny: You can always choose to divert the attention from a serious topic to something funny. For example, send a funny picture or GIF. They might calm down and carry on with the fun. You can even share a joke to try and lighten the mood.
- Completely Ignore them: If none of the aforementioned tips work, just ignore their message and leave them hanging. Don’t waste your precious time on these mean comments.
If you have commented on any post on TikTok and now want to delete it, follow the upcoming steps.
1. Open the TikTok app on your Android or iOS mobile device.
2. Navigate to the desired comment you made that now you want to delete.
3. Tap and hold the comment for a second until the popup appears.
4. From the popup menu, tap on Delete.
Your comment will instantly get deleted.
Also Read: How to Delete a Repost on TikTok
You can’t delete other people’s comments on TikTok. You can only Report them to TikTok if you find them offensive or violating the TikTok Community Guidelines.
Yes, you can delete a reply to your comment on Tiktok but only if it is on your own post. You cannot delete the comments or replies on someone else’s post.
If you can’t delete your comments on TikTok, it may happen because:
- Unstable or no internet connectivity
- Outdated TikTok app
- Glitches in the app
- Account owner disabled comments after you commented
If the comments bother you and your productivity, you must take an action against them. You can delete or ignore such comments to keep the negativity away from your account. At the same time, you should also take some of them as constructive criticism. Your content should be original and your profile should be real no matter what. The users appreciate transparency and hence you should never leave the essence of your profile.
Can You Delete TikTok Messages?
Yes, you can delete TikTok messages. You can also mute the notifications for a message from your message list. Moreover, you can delete the messages from conversations or comments on your account.
How Do You Permanently Delete a Message on TikTok?
Whenever you delete a message from a direct message (DM) on TikTok, it gets permanently deleted from your conversation or chat. The other person might still have the chats but you won’t see the message again. Similarly, for a comment you made on a post if you or that person deletes it, it goes forever and cannot be recovered. Let’s see how to permanently delete a message on TikTok.
1. Launch TikTok app on your phone.
2. Then, tap on the Inbox tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on the desired conversation window.
4. Tap and hold the desired chat and tap on Delete.
Your chat will get instantly deleted from the conversation window. Read this article from the beginning to understand the procedure on how to delete your comments on TikTok.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Messages on Reddit App
When You Delete a Message on TikTok, Does It Delete for the Other Person?
No, when you delete a message on TikTok, it does not delete for the other person. The message only deletes for you and your chat.
How Do You Delete a Whole Conversation on TikTok?
Below are the steps to delete a whole conversation on TikTok.
1. Open the TikTok application and tap on the Inbox tab.
2. Tap and hold the desired conversation.
3. Then, tap on Delete.
4. Again, tap on Delete from the confirmation popup, as shown below.
The entire conversation with that specific profile will get deleted. Read this article from the start to learn how to delete your comments on TikTok.
Also Read: What Happens to Deleted TikToks?
How Do You View TikTok History?
You can view your TikTok history with the help of the steps mentioned below.
1. Launch the TikTok app on your phone and tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on Settings and privacy.
4. Tap on Watch history under the Content & Display section.
5. Now, tap on the desired history to view it again.
We hope that you learned how to delete your comments on TikTok and how to respond to hate comments. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.