A Facebook account for commercial purposes is called a Business account. So companies or brands use Facebook accounts to promote their product or services via different means, like posts, status updates, and links. It provides a platform to make companies push their product or services out there in the world to advertise and promote them. However, to revive or maybe a fresh start, some companies might want to close or delete their existing account or start a new one. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to delete Facebook Business accounts and delete Facebook Business Manager account.
How to Delete Facebook Business Account
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to delete Facebook Business account in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
How to Delete Facebook Business Account? How Do I Delete a Facebook Business Account?
To delete your Facebook Business account you need to be the admin of the account you want to delete then:
1. Visit the Facebook Business Log in page and Log in to your FB Business account.
2. Click on your Business account name drop-down option from the home page.
3. Click on the Settings gear icon next to the desired FB Business account.
4. Click on Business settings from the left pane.
5. Then, scroll down in the left pane on the screen and click on Business info.
6. Click on Permanently Delete Business.
7A. Select the desired reason why you want to delete business and click on Next.
7B. Or click on Skip to avoid selecting any reason for deletion of your Business Manager account.
8. Click on Next from the ensuing confirmation popup.
9. Enter your FB account password and click on Submit.
After you submit the password, your account will be scheduled for deletion. It will get deleted in 24 hours.
Note: If you want to stop deletion, go to your Business Manager account and select the Don’t delete business option.
Also Read: How to Delete Facebook Ad Account
How Do I Permanently Delete My Business Account on Facebook?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to permanently delete your business FB account.
How to Delete Facebook Business Manager?
Follow the steps mentioned above to delete your FB Business Manager account.
Why Can’t I Delete My Facebook Business Account?
There are some formalities that need to be done before you try to delete your Facebook business account. Non-completion of these formalities might be the reason why you can’t delete your Facebook business account.
- Outstanding AD account balances
- No admin assigned to the page
- Business Manager has system users
- Created Instagram professional account (business account or creator account) from your Business Manager account
- Used the Business Manager to create a disclaimer
Why Can’t I Delete Facebook Business Manager?
Reasons for why you are not able to delete your Business Manager account are:
- Your account may have got disabled because of noncompliance with Facebook’s Ad Policy . Hence, it might be harder to delete your Business Manager.
- You may have outstanding AD account balances and may owe them anything for advertisement
- Lead ads or Business Managers that have approved custom access so that a page can create ads, and maybe this is the reason you cannot delete Facebook business manager account.
- You may be the Business Manager in the USA who is used to making disclaimers which are common with social issues, campaigns, or political ads.
- Business Managers linked with an Instagram professional account.
- Accounts with system users
How Do I Delete My Business Page on Facebook?
You can delete a Facebook Business page under two conditions: when you are the admin and when you have access with full control. Let’s see how to delete your Business page from your FB account.
1. Visit the Facebook website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your FB account from which you have created the desired FB page.
2. Click on your Profile photo icon from the top right corner.
3. Click on See all profiles.
4. Select the desired page that you want to switch to.
5. Click on the Page profile icon from the top right corner.
6. Click on Settings and privacy.
7. Click on Settings.
8. Click on Privacy > Facebook Page information from the left pane.
9. From the Deactivation and deletion section, click on View.
10. Select the Delete Page radio button and click on Continue.
11. Click on the Download Info or Transfer Info options to save a copy of your information.
12. Click on Continue.
13. Enter your password and click on Continue.
Now, Facebook will unpublish or deactivate your Page immediately. However, it will take 14 days to delete Facebook business page, and within 14 days, you may reactivate your account.
Also Read: How to Block Someone on Facebook Business Page
How to Delete Facebook Business Page on Mobile?
Let’s see the steps to delete the FB Business page on your mobile.
1. Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android device.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top menu bar.
3. Tap on the drop-down Profile name option.
4. Tap on the desired page to switch to that in your FB app.
5. Then, tap on the Settings gear icon.
6. Tap on Page settings.
7. Swipe down and tap on Access and control from the Facebook Page information section.
8. Tap on Deactivation and deletion.
9. Select the Delete Page option and tap on Continue.
10. Tap on Continue > Download Info or Transfer Info > Continue.
11. Enter your FB account password and tap on Continue.
Why Can’t I Delete My Facebook Business Page?
You might not be the admin of that FB page, or you don’t fully control it.
We hope that you learned about how to delete Facebook business account. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.