AirPods are such a device that is easy to use, have mind-blowing sound quality, and it comes with amazing features such as transparency mode, noise cancellation, sweat and water-resistant and more. You can connect AirPods Pro with your Apple devices like iPhone, mac and more and enjoy listening to music, messages, movies, and more. Besides all this, lets answer a very interesting question how to connect airpods pros without case. If you want to learn how you can do it then keep reading because in this article, we have discussed how you can connect your AirPods without case, why won’t my AirPod pros turn on and more.
How to Connect AirPods Pros Without Case
You can connect your AirPods to previously paired devices even if you do not have your AirPods case. To learn how to connect AirPods pros without case follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: The below-mentioned steps will work with AirPods 1st generation, AirPods 2nd generation, AirPods 3rd generation, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Pro 2.
Option I: On iPhone
You can connect your AirPods without the case on your iPhone, to learn how you can do it follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, swipe down from the top of your screen so that you can access the Control Center, then tap on the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
2. After that, press and hold the Audio Card located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. Next, tap on the AirPlay icon located on the right of the screen.
4. Then, choose your previously paired AirPods.
Option II: On Mac
To know how to connect AirPods Pros without case on your mac, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. First, toggle on the Bluetooth icon located in the upper-right corner of your screen.
2. After that, choose your AirPods from the list of devices.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Connected to Mac but No Sound
Option III: On Android
For Android users also you can connect them without the use. Abide by the given steps to connect them:
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your phone.
2. Next, tap on the Bluetooth option under Connections.
3. Following that, choose your previously paired AirPods to complete the process.
Option IV: On Windows
To know how to connect AirPods Pros without case on your Windows PC, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Start with typing Bluetooth in the Windows search box.
2. Consequently, click on Bluetooth and other device settings.
3. After that, locate and choose your AirPods under Audio to start the connection.
Also Read: How to Fix AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
Can AirPods Pro Work Without the Case?
Now you might be clear with how to connect Airpods pros without case, so let’s now answer the question can AirPods pro work without the case. The answer to this is Yes. When you pair AirPods with devices for the first time then the case is needed but when you reconnect it with your device then it is not required. So, you can connect your AirPods Pro to devices with which you have already paired with. Make note of the fact that without the case, you will not be able to make use of the features like:
- Charging: Every AirPods case comes with a charging port so that you can charge your AirPods. So, if you do not have the case and the battery of your AirPods is drained out then your AirPods would not turn on till the time you charge it.
- Protect and Hold your AirPods: So, the case of the AirPods is provided so that your earbuds can be prevented from any sort of external damage.
- Using the setup button: The setup button lets you to reset your AirPods and do a manual connection to a non-iOS device, for example an Android phone.
- Automatic connection: When you open the case of your earbuds, then your AirPods case will connect your AirPods to the iOS devices that were used previously automatically. If you have your case on you, then what you can do is simply pull your AirPods out and get going.
- Checking status of AirPods: The flashing light on your AirPods case makes you aware about the status of your AirPods. For instance, the flashing orange light means that they your AirPods are coming across a pairing error.
Why Won’t My AirPod Pros Turn On?
Let’s discuss why won’t my AirPod pros turn on as now you might know how to connect airpods pros without case. The reasons for why won’t my AirPod pros turn on are mentioned below:
- Your earbuds might not turn on if they are not charged.
- Faulty charging case battery is another reason of this issue.
- You can also come across this problem if your Lightning cable needs to be replaced.
- If your AirPods is not making good contact with the earbuds case or if it requires a software update.
- Another possible reason is hardware damage to the charging case or to the AirPods.
Also Read: How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Alcohol
How To Fix Why Won’t My AirPod Pros Turn On
If your Airpods are not turning on then you can try the methods given by us below to resolve the issue:
Method 1: Clean Any Dust or Debris
Clean your AirPods and the charging case because dust and debris inside them can also cause the problem and also make sure that the silver tips present on the bottom of your AirPods make good contact with the charging case.
Method 2: Recharge AirPod Battery
Make sure that your AirPods are charged properly because if they are not charged then your AirPods might not turn on. To charge your AirPods you have to place them in the charging case, and after that plug the charging case into a USB charger or port. If you want your AirPods to charge quickly then you can make use of an iPhone or iPad USB charger or you can plug the charging case directly into a Mac computer.
Method 3: Recharge AirPod Case Battery
You should also check the charging case battery because the charging case can also cause this issue. So, you can try charging the charging case without your AirPods inside.
Method 4: Replace Charging Cable
The lightning cable with which you charge your AirPods should also work properly, so make sure that it is working. If you use the charging cords for longer duration then they can also become faulty especially if they are an off-brand product which is not made by Apple. Make sure that you replace them if they are not working properly.
Method 5: Perform Software Updates
Try updating your device to fix this problem as software issue can prevent your AirPods from turning on. Apple releases AirPods firmware updates so update your device.
How to Pair AirPods Pro With iPhone
To pair your AirPods with your iPhone follow the given steps:
1. First, go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, then turn on Bluetooth.
2. After that, you have to open the AirPods case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your device.
3. Then, abide by the onscreen instructions, and select Done.
Also Read: How to Reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro
How to Pair AirPods Pro With Mac
To pair your AirPods with your Mac follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, you have to open the case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your Mac.
2. After that, press and hold the setup button located on the back of the AirPods case for five seconds, or till the time status light flashes white.
3. Next, navigate to System Preferences on your Mac, then click on Bluetooth option.
4. Then, choose your AirPods Pro from the list of devices, then click on Connect.
Is There an AirPod Pro App?
The answer to Is there an AirPod Pro app is Yes. There are AirPods apps that makes using AirPods on Android. The apps are Assistant Trigger, Equalizer, AirBattery, Podroid and more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it Possible to Connect AirPods if the Case is Dead?
Ans. Yes, you can connect your AirPods if the case is dead. But in such a situation the AirPods should be charged. Besides that, also make sure that your AirPods are paired with your iPhone previously. If you want to connect them with a new device then you would require the case to establish the new connection.
Q2. Is Connecting AirPods with a Different Case Possible?
Ans. Yes, the AirPods can be connected with a different case. If you want to connect them with a different case, then put the AirPods within the case, after that keep them there till the time the new connection is established. Following that, you will have to sync the device with the AirPods again.
Q3. Is Charging AirPods Possible Without Case or Charger?
Ans. The answer to can you charge your AirPods without the charger or the case is No. You can buy a new case if you have lost the case and not the AirPods.
Q4. Can I Charge AirPods Case Without Placing AirPods in it?
Ans. Yes you can charge your case even if AirPods are not in it because both the case and the AirPods have separate batteries within them.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article as we have discussed how to connect airpods pros without case and more. We keep coming up with insightful information for our readers. We also keep updating our page. If you have any suggestions or queries comment below in the comment section.