Changing your TikTok username is a great way to personalize your profile and make it easier for your friends and followers to find you. It’s also a great way to start fresh if you want to change your online identity. In this guide, we’ll show you how to change your TikTok username in a few simple steps. We’ll also provide some tips on how to choose a username that will help you stand out from the crowd.
How to Change Your TikTok Username
1. Open the TikTok app on your device.
2. Tap the “Me” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
3. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Tap “Edit Profile”.
5. Tap “Username”.
6. Enter your new username.
7. Tap “Done”.
Your new username will now be displayed on your profile.
TikTok is most liked app than Instagram. TikTok concentrates on vidoes content. So it is liked by everyone. Reels, a new feature introduced by Instagram, was formed from the concept of TikTok videos. And another big advantage is using cinematic scripts and dialogues. Now it is the modern era of cinema. So TikTok created a drastic change through its installation. It is considered to be only 15 secs long. Are you wondering how to edit TikTok username on the web and change TikTok username on app? TikTok provides you with settings to change your username. It is not a big deal like changing the birthday date. You don’t want to rely on the customer support team to change your username. Let us see how to change your TikTok username in this article.
How to Change Your TikTok Username
Usernames are pretty interesting in naming them. Your username gives the first impression of your profile. It would be best if you were choosy while providing your name to your TikTok account, as your name will appear for every video you post. Sometimes you need to change your username because you might decide to give a creative name, you don’t want your name to be revealed in public, or you want to start TikTok for specific content. So, have you decided to change TikTok username? Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to change your TikTok username in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can You Change Your Username on TikTok?
Yes, you can change TikTok username. Before changing your username, you need to keep a few things in mind:
- Changing the username is possible only once in 30 days.
- Usernames can usually have alphabets, numbers, periods, and underscores.
- It would be best if you went with a unique username.
- You should be careful if you are a celebrity with a verified account. While changing the username, you will lose the verified account. So you can contact TikTok customer support to change the username.
- While changing the username, your TikTok link also gets changed with it.
- You can have up to 24 characters entries.
Apart from these, a few additional tips are:
- TikTok will also suggest names on which you can decide your name. If not, you can create your character.
- Adding a profile link to the profile will help the user to see your content as soon as possible.
Also Read: What are Best Ideas for TikTok Usernames?
Can I Change My TikTok Name Before 30 Days?
No, you cannot edit TikTok username before 30 days. But previously, it was possible. We are in a fast world. We need everything to be done at the moment. So waiting 30 days is a very long period for today’s teenagers. Is it tough for the digital world to wait for 30 days?
Often changing the date and time is used to solve most of the technical problems. The same technique is applied here to change the TikTok name before 30 days. You can jump the 30 days by changing the date you need. First, do the instruction for changing the date and then follow the 30-day procedure to change the username. Now you can no longer change the TikTok name. Like Instagram, TikTok also uses specific algorithms to find our trick. TikTok frames specific algorithms to maintain perfect security measures.
How to Change Your TikTok Username?
Let us see how to change the username on TikTok:
Option I: Through TikTok Website
1. Visit the TikTok wesbite on your PC/laptop browser and Log in to your account.
2. Click on the profile icon > View profile option.
3. Click on Edit profile.
4. Enter your new username and click on Save.
Also Read: How to Change Location on TikTok
Option 2: Via TikTok Mobile App
1. Open the TikTok app on your Android or iOS mobile device.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on Edit profile.
4. Tap on the Username field.
5. Enter your new username and tap on Save.
These were the steps on how to change your TikTok username.
Also Read: How to Search for Username on TikTok
How to Change Your TikTok Nickname?
Nickname differs from username.
- Nicknames will appear to another user, whereas usernames are used for login purposes.
- Selecting a trending name will make you so popular. Nickname forms the base for creating your identity. It would make you popular that all the users search and post content using your name hashtag. You can also search for usernames and nicknames on other websites.
- If you visit the respective profile, you can see the nickname at the top.
- Nicknames differ from usernames by a symbol. The username comes with @ symbol at the start.
- You can have the same nickname even if other users use it.
- You can set creative nicknames to be excellent.
Follow the steps mentioned above and make changes in the Name field. Also, remember that you can change your nickname only once a week.
We hope that you learned about how to change your TikTok username. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.