Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your age in Bumble. Bumble requires users to provide their real age when signing up, and this information is verified by the app. If you have provided an incorrect age, you can contact Bumble customer service to have it corrected.
A dating app made by women for women, Bumble has transformed the online dating culture by giving women the power to make the first move. Bumble is made for people who are exhausted from having their profiles bombarded with requests like many other dating apps. Created by a former tinder employee Whitney Wolfe Herd, Bumble has managed to make its name visible and stand out among the crowd. Bumble’s terms and conditions do not allow users to change their age or name once they have created an account, to make the platform safer. But what if the name or age you entered, or the app auto-filled from Facebook is incorrect? It would leave you wondering: how to change name and age in bumble? If you are also dealing with the same problem, you are at the right place. We bring to you a perfect guide that will help you learn How to change age in Bumble. Continue reading to know about can you use Bumble under 18 or not.
How to Change Age in Bumble
Incorrect information on your profile can mislead people and drive away potential matches. Age can be a key factor for people to decide who to date. So if your name and date are incorrect, read this guide to learn how to change name and age in Bumble.
You can change age in Bumble, if you have linked your Facebook account. Try editing the age on Facebook by navigating to About > Contact and basic info > Basic info. You can also create a new Bumble account and edit your age.
Can You Use Bumble Under 18?
No, you cannot use Bumble under the age of 18. It is in the Terms of Services of Bumble that you must be 18 or older to use the dating app, this is the same for all dating apps. Bumble does not reveal how it ensures that you are 18 or older. It says it uses an automated system and a team of moderators to review messages and accounts to see if you have broken the rules.
On the plus side, there is no maximum age on Bumble. You can be a hundred old and still re-live your youth by using the dating platform. Since the answer to can you use Bumble under 18 is no, you could be a bit too young to use Bumble, but your grandma isn’t.
How to Change Name and Age in Bumble
If you used a nickname to create your account or the app got your name and age wrong, and now you want to undo this situation, then read the steps below to know how to change age in Bumble.
How to Change Name on Bumble
While it is fairly easy to change things like hobbies and educational background, changing your name can be tricky. Officially, you cannot change your name after you have created your account. You can try to contact the Bumble Support Team and Report your Problem. In case the Support team does not respond, you will have to try the following methods.
Method 1: Change Name on Facebook
One way to change your name on Bumble is to change your name on the Facebook account that you used to create your Bumble. To change your name on Facebook:
1. Open Facebook in your web browser.
2. Click the Account Icon in the top-right corner of the screen. (denoted by your Profile Picture).
3. Then, select Settings & privacy.
4. Under the Settings & privacy options, click on Settings.
5. Now it will show General Profile Settings. Click on the Edit next to your Name.
6. Change your name to whatever you want it to be. And then click on Save changes.
Your name on Bumble will change in a few days. If it doesn’t then contact Bumble Support Team and report your problem.
Method 2: Change Name Manually
To change your name manually you will have to
- delete your account
- create a new one using your mobile number.
How to Delete Bumble Account
To change your name manually, firstly you will have to delete your existing Bumble account. To delete your account follow these steps.
1. Open the Bumble app on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Settings in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down and tap on Delete Account.
Also Read: How to Change Your Name Or Gender On Tinder?
How to Create a New Bumble Account
After successfully deleting your previous Bumble account the nest step is to create a new Bumble account using your mobile number. Follow the steps below to create a new account.
1. Open the Bumble App.
2. Tap on Use mobile number.
3. It will ask you to fill in your phone number to receive an OTP.
4. After receiving the OTP, fill it in.
5. Now Bumble will ask What’s your first name? Now you can successfully change your name at this point.
6. Next Step, Add your Photos to your Profile. It will ask you to add 2 photos. The maximum number of photos that you can add to your Bumble profile is 6.
7. Then Bumble will ask you When’s your birthday? Enter your birthdate.
8. Now it will ask you What’s Your Gender? Select your Gender and move to the next step.
9. Bumble will now ask you to Choose a mode to get started. From here you can choose whether you want to use Bumble to find a Date, BFF, or Bizz. To find matches to date tap on Date
10. Bumble will then ask you Who would you like to date? Select the gender(s) you would like to date. Now your profile will be complete.
Also Read: Tinder vs Bumble: The Best Dating App
Following these steps you will be able to create a new account and change your name manually.
Similar to changing your name, there is no official way to change your age on Bumble. You will have to report your problem to the Bumble Support Team to get your age changed. The alternative methods to changing your age on Bumble are also identical to the methods to change your name.
Method 1: Change Age on Facebook
Changing your name on your Facebook account should help you to change your name on your Bumble account as well. To change your age:
1. Open your Facebook account in your Browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen (it will be denoted by your Profile picture and name).
3. Now, Click on About.
4. Then select Contact and basic info.
5. Scroll down to Basic info. Here you can change your birthdate. Click on the Pencil icon to edit your age.
Your age will change on your Bumble account in a few days. If it doesn’t contact the Support Team and tell them that your age on your Facebook account and your age on your Bumble Account are not the same.
Method 2: Change Age Manually
To change your age manually you will have to delete your existing account and create a new one. To know how to delete your account and create a new one, read the steps mentioned above. While creating your account, after you have entered your name and added your photos Bumble will ask you When’s your birthday? Here you can add your correct Birthdate to change your age manually.
Also Read: How to Find Fake Account on Bumble
How Does Bumble Verify Age
When you create an account on Bumble, it asks you to verify your account. This is done for a variety of reasons. Bumble wants to clarify:
- You are catfishing by using someone else’s pictures
- You are a robot (meep morp, zeep) trying to scam someone.
- You are below the age of 18 and are still using the platform.
So, how does Bumble verify age? Bumble uses photo verification to ensure that you are a human who is 18 or older. You can get your account verified by following the steps given below:
1. Launch the Bumble app on your phone.
2. Tap on the User icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen
3. Then, tap on Complete my profile.
4. Under your pictures it will show you the option to Verify my profile. Tap on it.
5. It will show you an example shot out of the hundreds in its collection. Mimic the pose and Take my photo.
6. If your pose looks similar to the example shot, then select submit.
7. If the photo resembles the pose, then you will receive a confirmation in a few minutes, and you can continue bumbling.
Bumble does not clarify its process of verification. It claims that all profiles are verified by a real person on their team. The selfie that you take is compared with the other pictures that you submit on the app. Bumble collects and uses these pictures to verify your account. Once your account is verified, a blue badge will appear next to your name. This will show others that you are a verified account and not a catfish.
On the off chance that your profile verification is declined, your account will be turned off. This means that you will not see anyone on Bumble and nobody will be able to see your account. So be careful during the verification process.
Can You Turn Off Age on Bumble?
No, you cannot turn off age on Bumble. Bumble has strict Terms and Conditions which help its users from getting scammed and catfished. So to prevent such activities the feature to hide or turn off age is not added to the app. Moreover, most of the users on the app prefer to date people around their age group, so turning off age will make the users question the legitimacy of your account and consider your profile for future matches.
Read the next section to know about how to hide age in Bumble.
How to Hide Age in Bumble
You already know the answer to Can you turn off age on Bumble? Unlike Tinder, which lets its premium users hide their age, Bumble has no feature to let you hide or turn off age. Bumble doesn’t allow its users to hide their ages. So, there is no solution to how to hide age in Bumble.
What is the Average Age on Bumble?
Over 50% of Bumble’s users are in the age group of 18-30. The 25-30-year-olds make up the largest chunk of its user base. The remaining 50% is made up of users from the age group of 30-50. It’s the users who are 50 or older that make up the smallest chunk. Using this data, the answer to what is the average age on Bumble comes out that 25-35-year-olds are the major male users of Bumble, while 18-35-year-olds are major female users.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn how to change age in Bumble. Also you now know how to hide age in Bumble. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
How to Change Age in Bumble
Bumble is a popular dating app that allows users to connect with potential matches. It also allows users to set their age range for potential matches. If you want to change your age range, you can do so in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Open the Bumble App
Open the Bumble app on your device. You will be taken to the main page of the app.
Step 2: Tap the Profile Icon
Tap the profile icon in the top left corner of the screen. This will take you to your profile page.
Step 3: Tap the Settings Icon
Tap the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the settings page.
Step 4: Tap Age Range
On the settings page, tap the “Age Range” option. This will open a page where you can adjust your age range.
Step 5: Adjust Age Range
On the age range page, you can adjust the minimum and maximum age range for potential matches. Once you have adjusted the age range to your liking, tap the “Save” button to save your changes.
Step 6: Return to Main Page
Once you have saved your changes, you will be taken back to the main page of the app. Your age range will now be updated and you will be able to see potential matches within your new age range.