Adobe Premier Pro is a sophisticated video editing software that allows users to edit their videos. It is an intensive program requiring raw CPU and GPU power. Users using the software complained about How Do I Fix Accelerated Renderer Error. The reason for this error is due to GPU overload. Sometimes CPU can also contribute to this error; GPU is the most likely cause. If you are looking to fix premiere pro not rendering then you are at the right article. Here you will know about the troubleshooting methods to resolve this error. So, let’s get started!
How Do I Fix Accelerated Renderer Error in Adobe Premiere Pro
Before we get to fixing Premiere Pro error 1609629690, let us see some of the reasons why this particular issue.
- Weak PC
- Hardware rendering issues
- Graphics card Power Management issues
- Outdated Adobe premiere pro
- Outdated Graphics card driver
- Corrupt media files
- Video format codec issues
- Custom Preset issues
- H.264 and HVEC audio decoder issues
System Requirements for Adobe Premiere Pro
Before following this guide make sure you have at least the Minimum requirements for running Adobe Premiere Pro software
- Processor: Intel® 6th Generation or newer CPU/ AMD Ryzen
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit) version 1909 or higher
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: Nvidia Geforce™ GTX 970/ AMD Radeon™ Pro 5500M
- Storage: 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (will not install on removable flash storage)
- Additional high-speed drive(s) for media
- Display: 1920 x 1080
- Network Storage Connection: 1 Gigabit Ethernet (HD only)
Here are the troubleshooting methods to fix Error 1609629690 in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Method 1: Update Graphics Driver
Graphics Card manufacturers release graphics driver software around the clock to address game issues, software issues, performance issues, etc. It is recommended that you update your graphics card drivers if you encounter the error 1609629690. This will solve your query on How Do I Fix Accelerated Renderer Error. Follow our guide on 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers Windows 10 and implement the steps given in the article to successfully update the graphics driver.
Method 2: Update Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro also releases an update around the clock for fixing technical as well as performance issues.
1. Double-click the Adobe Premiere Pro application on Desktop to launch it.
2. Now, select the Help button and click on Updates…
3. This will check for updates, and download and install them automatically.
Also Read: Fix Adobe Software You Are Using Is Not Genuine Error
Method 3: Create a New project
Users searching for How Do I Fix Accelerated Renderer Error need to be aware that the issue can be resolved by creating a new project. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Adobe Premiere Pro application.
2. Click on File in the top left corner, navigate to New and click on Project…
3. Finally, name the project to whatever you want and click OK.
4. After the new project is created simply import the previous file by using drag and drop and see if the error is resolved.
Method 4: Export Video File
You can try changing the location of the file because many users have suggested that changing the location helped them resolve the error. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch Adobe Premiere Pro and click on File and select the Save As… option to save the edited project.
2. A dialog box will appear asking to Save Project. Now enter the File name in the text box, select the save destination to desktop and click on Save.
3. Then, go to Export Settings, select the Output tab and click on Export.
Also Read: How to Disable Adobe AcroTray.exe at Startup
Method 5: Change Rendering to Software Mode
By default, Adobe Premiere Pro sets the software to hardware rendering, try changing it to software rendering and see if it fixes the issue.
Note: The underlying issue will be solved by following the method, but please note that software rendering takes a very long time to complete compared to hardware rendering.
1. Open the project that is causing errors, then select File and click on Project Settings followed by General… option.
2. In the General tab, click on the Renderer dropdown and choose Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. Click on OK to save the task.
3. Finally, check if Premiere Pro not rendering issue has been resolved.
Method 6: Switch Power Management Mode to Maximum
Power management is a feature offered in GPU. The possible options in power management mode in both Nvidia Control Panel and AMD Radeon Software are to save battery, provide maximum performance, and balanced mode. For Adobe Premier Pro, the GPU must be set to use maximum performance mode since power savings can degrade the output quality of the file and cause errors. Users questioning How Do I Fix Accelerated Renderer Error can try this method. To change to maximum performance mode,
Option I: On Nvidia Control Panel
1. Hit the Windows key, type Nvidia Control Panel, then click on Open.
2. Click on Manage 3D Settings and search for Power Management Mode in Settings.
3. Set the Power Management mode to Prefer maximum performance.
Also Read: Fix NVIDIA Driver Not Compatible with this Version of Windows
Option II: On AMD Radeon Software
1. Press Windows + Q to launch the Search bar, type AMD Radeon Software and click on Run as Administrator.
2. Click on the cog icon present on the top-right side of the interface. Now, under the Graphics section click on the Gaming option.
3. This will set the Global Graphics to maximum performance.
Method 7: Try Different File Format or Codec
The rendering error occurs if your computer does not have a certain codec, try using a different codec and export it. Users also reported that H.264 and H.265 audio codec can cause errors particularly. These formats will provide a good experience when exporting but for editing purposes, it may encounter issues such as the rendering error.
1. Open Adobe Premiere Pro and select File, click on Export, then navigate to Media.
2. Finally, click on the Format dropdown and select another format.
Also Read: Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
Method 8: Disable Hardware Decoding of H.264 and HVEC Media
On PC, sometimes there exist a hardware bottleneck when codec rendering settings are enabled. Due to that, errors can occur.
1. Launch the Adobe Premiere Pro app.
2. Then select Edit and click on Preferences and navigate to Media….
3. Disable two checkboxes named H264/HEVC hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart) and H264/HEVC hardware accelerated encoding (requires restart).
4. Click OK to save changes.
5. Finally, restart the PC and see if the error is resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix the render error in Adobe Premiere Pro?
Ans. A simple restart will fix the problem, if the issue is still not solved, then follow the above guide.
Q2. What is accelerated render error?
Ans. Accelerated render error is usually caused by an error with the GPU. Make sure you meet the requirements before you run Adobe premiere Pro or export it.
Q3. What is the renderer error 1609629690?
Ans. It means that the GPU cannot handle the graphics, you can either replace your graphics card or change the computer to avoid this error.
We hope the above article on how do I fix accelerated renderer error in Adobe Premier Pro was helpful and you were able to solve the issue. Let us know which one of the methods described above worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries please let us know in the comment section below.