Are you sick and tired of getting Error Code 62 every time you try to play Valorant? You’re not alone, after all. This annoying issue, which can be a real buzzkill, has been experienced by many players. So do not worry; we have the solution to quickly bring you back into the game. Nothing annoys a gamer more than not being able to play their favorite game. And that’s precisely what takes place when Error Code 62 makes an appearance. But don’t let this error get the best of you. In this article, we’ve got you covered with a step-by-step guide on how to fix Valorant Error Code 62. But first, let’s know what is Valorant Error 62.
How to Fix Valorant Error Code 62
In this guide, you will get to know about Valorant Error 62 and how to solve this problem in detail.
What is Valorant Error 62?
Valorant’s Error Code 62 can be extremely frustrating for players because it prevents them from starting the game or crashes an ongoing session. When Error Code 62 occurs, players will see a message informing them of the error and requesting that they log out or quit the game. This message can be enraging for players who have put time and effort into their game only to have their progress halted by this error. The error can occur for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the cause, it is important to fix Error Code 62 so that players can continue playing the game uninterrupted. In the next section, we’ll discuss what causes Valorant Val 62 error in detail.
What causes Valorant Val 62 Error?
As a Valorant player, encountering Error Code 62 can be aggravating and prevent you from fully enjoying the game. This error can occur in a variety of ways, including preventing the game from launching or crashing an ongoing session. When you are about to pull a 1 vs 5 clutch, and then this error appears on your screen, at that moment you might want to break your system, but take a breather and the first thing you should know is, what is the cause of this error in the first place? Well, here are some of the common possible causes for this error.
- Outdated Game: Outdated game versions or game files are one of the most common causes of Error Code 62. This can happen if the game client is not updated to the most recent version, or if the update process is interrupted or incomplete, resulting in corrupted game files. So, make sure to always use the most recent version of the Riot client and update the game whenever this is any updates available.
- Network Connection Issues: Network connection issues are another common cause of Error Code 62. Valorant, as an online game, necessitates a stable and strong network connection for smooth gameplay. This error can be caused by slow or unstable connections, so to play the game without lags or other issues, it is always better you must have a fast internet connection and fully immerse in your match.
- Server Issue: This can happen when there is server maintenance or an outage, or when the servers are overloaded with players. Because of the large number of players attempting to play the game at the same time, the Riot servers can sometimes be overloaded and go down for a period, or before each update is deployed, the developers perform a few hours of server maintenance. Players cannot access the game during a maintenance period.
Therefore, identifying the root cause of Error Code 62 is crucial for resolving the problem and returning to the game. In the following section, we’ll go over the steps that players can take to fix Valorant Error Code 62.
Also Read: How to Fix Valorant FPS Drops
Ways to Fix Valorant Error Code 62
You now understand the causes of Valorant Error Code 62. Begin implementing the remedy listed below until you find a potential solution and return to the game and get those clutch victories.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Here are some basic steps to take if you are experiencing an error in Valorant.
1A. Restart Riot Client
Most players have recommended that you should close and restart your Riot Client or Valorant a few times to see if the error persists. To restart the game, follow the instructions provided on our guide on How to Restart Valorant Riot Client in Windows 10.
1B. Reboot PC
If restarting the game did not work, try rebooting your PC by following the steps in our guide on 6 Ways to Reboot or Restart a Windows 10 Computer.
1C. Close Valorant-related Processes and Services
Using Task Manager, exit the game and terminate all its processes. Read our tutorial on how to end tasks using Task Manager to know how to close any background running tasks or applications.
1D. Run Valorant in Administrator Mode
This one is one of the easiest of all, all you must do is follow these steps:
1. Right-click on Valorant and select Run as administrator.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
You are aware that a bad internet connection can cause a variety of errors in a game, or when you can’t connect to the internet, it’s a frustrating experience. If you are playing Valorant and Error Code 62 might appear due to internet or network issue, then you can troubleshoot your internet-related matters, Windows includes a tool that will help you in troubleshooting connection problems.
You can easily fix any internet connection problems by following our guide on How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10.
Method 3: Wait for Valorant Server Uptime
This error can occur when there is maintenance or an outage on the game’s servers or when the servers are overloaded, so to keep a check on the status of Riot servers for any ongoing maintenance and updates, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the official Valorant support site on your web browser.
2. Click on the Service Status tab as shown in the picture.
3. Select the region by clicking on the tab upon which your Riot ID is registered, shown below.
If you notice server maintenance or problems, the best thing you can do is wait until Riot Developers fixes the problem.
Also Read: Fix Valorant Val 43 Error in Windows 10
Method 4: Update Valorant
Well, it is always a good thing to keep the game up to date, and playing an outdated version of Valorant can cause Error Code 62 to occur, to update the game using the Riot client, here are the detailed steps to do it:
1. Open the Riot Client app on your PC.
2. Sign in to your Riot account.
3. Under My Games, look for Valorant and under it click on the Update button.
Method 5: Disable VPN
Another thing you can do is turn off any VPN or Proxy services you may be using. Launching the game with VPN enabled can sometimes cause Error Code 62 to appear. You can easily turn off any VPN service by going through our guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10.
Once you disable the VPN service, try launching the game and see if the issue persists.
Method 6: Flush Network DNS
The fact that this error code is mainly focused on network connectivity problems does not guarantee that those problems will always be related to the Riot server. In this case, flushing your DNS is what you should do. Read out our guide on How to flush DNS cache.
Also Read: Fix Valorant Graphics Driver Crashed in Windows 10
Method 7: Update Network Adapter Driver
A network adapter is a hardware device that connects to a network to provide internet access. If it is out of date, it affects the computer network connection, which in turn affects the server connection and results in the Valorant Val 62 error code. Updating your network driver is essential. To do this, see How to Update Network Adapter Drivers in Windows 10. Then, launch the game app and see if you can connect to the server without getting this error code.
Method 8: Reinstall Valorant
We know this method can be an annoying one, as you must uninstall the and then reinstall it again to get back to the game. You should go for this solution if you are running out of options and previous methods didn’t work for you. So, here are the steps to first uninstall Valorant:
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Scroll Down and search for Valorant, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
Wait, for the uninstallation process to complete, now to reinstall Valorant.
1. Open the Riot Client app on your PC.
2. Sign in to your Riot account.
3. Look for Valorant and click on the Valorant tile, and then click on Install.
Also Read: How to Use Digital Vibrance in Valorant
Method 9: Contact Riot Support
If your network is fully operational, the last option is to contact the Riot Support Center. If none of the methods worked, then it is always better to reach out to the Riot Support team and let them know about the error you are encountering. Here are the steps to contact Riot Support:
1. In your web browser, navigate to the Valorant Support page.
2. From the drop-down menu, select a REQUEST TYPE.
3. Fill out the form with the necessary information and click on the SUBMIT button.
We think these are enough possible methods, you can go for in a scenario of encountering Valorant Error Code 62. Try any one of these and we are sure you can get back to your mates and get those victories again.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can resolve Valorant Error Code 62. Players can quickly return to enjoying the game by following the mentioned methods from checking for server outages or maintenance to updating drivers. If the problem persists, players can even contact Riot Games’ support team, and by following these guidelines, they can reduce their chances of encountering Error Code 62 in the future. If you have any queries or suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section below.