1. Restart your PS4 console.
2. Check for any available updates for the game and install them.
3. Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
4. Delete the game and reinstall it.
5. Contact the game developer for further assistance.
Titanfall 2 developed by Respawn Entertainment, apart from essentially being just a warfare game on multiple platforms, has become rather a captivating experience. A thrilling feature of this fast-paced sequel is the ability to travel through stunning graphics in the Titan’s zone. As a result of its dynamic gameplay, it makes you want to play it again and again. However, more is not always the best for all. Overwhelming admiration towards the game from gamers around the world leads to unwanted errors like Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4 for players who use the world-class PlayStation console to play the game. Nevertheless, you can leave all your worries on us. In this article, we will discover some reliable methods to fix Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PS4.
How to Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4
As the article proceeds, we will learn the methods to fix the error you had to stumble across while trying to play the game. Before that, it is important to go through the causes. Troubleshooting fixes against anything make a demand to actually understand the reasons why the error is caused. Let’s look at some potential reasons.
- Disputed Server: Overloading is a culprit and as more and more players play the game, the servers tend to congest sometimes. Additionally, the company also monitors the servers that connect the PlayStation into maintenance which could for that period of time turn out to be the cause of the outage.
- Poor Network: Slow speed over internet or not so optimal connections from the data source such as the Wi-Fi router cause issues while loading the game.
- Insufficient Memory: Imagine trying to put an extra smartphone into your pocket which is already full. Would you be able to? Okay keeping aside, the unpopular example just like you would keep that phone, the context was to explain that when there is a lack of space in the hard-drive of the console, loading files and data for the game either takes too long or it fails.
- Corrupt data files: For any reason, if the game files or application files have been corrupted, this error can be triggered.
Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4 is when the connection to server experiences restrictions and that is why it times out while the game is launched. Now considering this being majorly all about the error, there is not much we can do about it. Despite that we have got some fixes you can definitely perform. Let us look at the following methods.
Method 1: Wait for Game Server Uptime
Do not compromise on checking the Titanfall 2 game server status from the EA official help page or on Downdetector before moving forward to process any of the solutions. You do not have to rush through the process for absolutely no reason. If the servers are down, no matter what you do, it will not be effective until the servers revive.
Method 2: Wait for PlayStation Network Server Uptime
It is advisable to run a verification over the server status of PlayStation Network after you have ensured the sanity of Titanfall 2’s server. If the console ultimately is suffering an outage, the game would not show up. If it shows All services are up and running, move to try the next method.
Also Read: Fix PS4 Error Code WS 37431 8
Method 3: Restart PlayStation Console
Restarting the device, i.e., the console would resolve if there is any minor glitch or partially loaded file that causes Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PS4. To restart your PlayStation 4 console, follow these steps.
1. From the top-right corner of the home screen, click on Power icon.
2. Choose Power Options from the menu.
3. Now, select Restart PS4.
Note: You can also restart the PC using the Power option on your PlayStation home screen. Moreover, if you do not have a controller, press and hold the Power button and release on the second beep to turn off your console.
Method 4: Power Cycle PS4 Console
Clearing cache data from PS4 will improve its performance. Follow these steps to clear them out:
1. Turn off the console completely.
2. Unplug the cable from the back of the PlayStation 4.
3. Wait for a few minutes and plug the cord back.
4. Turn on the console. With this power cycle, the cache file would be cleared.
Also Read: Can You Login to Your PS4 Account on Another PS4?
Method 5: Re-login to PlayStation
To perform this method, you would first need to log out of the console and then log in again and check if the error persists or it has been fixed.
1. Launch Settings on your PlayStation 4 from the home screen.
2. Click on the Account Management option from the list.
3. Select Sign Out.
4. Now, after the account is signed out, launch Settings again.
5. Select PlayStation Network/Account Management.
6. Click on the Sign In option.
7. Enter the credentials, i.e., email address and password.
8. Select Confirm to sign in.
Method 6: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Titanfall is an online game and like we read in the reasons, slow internet can cause Titanfall 2 Error 429. Before you start this step, we would perform a test to see if there is any default in your internet connection to the PS4. To perform the test:
1. Click on Settings on the home screen.
2. Select Network.
3. From the list, select Test Internet Connection.
Wait until your PS4 obtains the details and completes the test. If you find that there is some issue with the steps, there are some basic changes at the hardware level you can perform.
1. If you are using Wi-Fi, reboot your router and the modem.
2. You can also buy a Wi-Fi signal booster and use it to receive the most from your router.
3. Connect your console to an ethernet cable or a LAN instead of Wi-Fi and that would drastically improve the speed.
Also Read: Fix PS4 Error CE-34788-0
Method 7: Modify DNS Settings
On a software level, changing DNS settings to a faster one can amplify the speed as well as reliability. If the DNS server of the broadband you use is substantially farther, then you can switch to a better DNS and expect to get improved connectivity to your console.
1. From your PS4 home screen, click on the Settings option at the top-right-corner.
2. Select Network from the list of Settings.
3. Select the Set-Up Internet Connection option.
6. Select Automatic from IP Address Settings.
7. When the next window asks DHCP Host Name, choose Do Not Specify.
8. Under DNS Settings, select Manual.
9. Enter the preferred value for Primary DNS as 220.127.116.11. Similarly, enter 18.104.22.168 for Secondary DNS and press Next.
For clarity, we would like to inform you that the aforementioned DNS values are addresses of Google DNS servers. They can be considered with assurance of security, reliability and speed as well. If you want to set the console to a specific region, you can enter the DNS value of that region. Some other best DNS codes are:
|Primary DNS||Secondary DNS|
10. Under MTU Settings, select Manual and on the next page, enter MTU value as 1456.
Note: The MTU Value can be noted from the specifications on the Wi-Fi router.
11. Select Do Not Use under Proxy Server.
You can also verify your connectivity by clicking on Test Internet Connection in the next window. Check if this did fix Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PS4. If the error does not resolve, you can also try with other DNS codes.
Note: Follow the same steps if you are connected to the internet using a LAN cable.
Method 8: Update Titanfall 2 Game
Although games on PS4 automatically are updated when you start them, to fix Titanfall 2 Error 429, you can also choose to update the game manually on your PS4 console:
1. Highlight the game in the games home screen.
2. Press options button on the controller.
3. Select Check for Update from the menu.
4. Follow the instructions visible on the screen to download and install the updates.
5. Do not forget to Restart your console.
Also Read: Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 on Xbox
Method 9: Update PlayStation Console
Updating the PlayStation 4 system software would ensure to wipe out any type of bugs, corrupt files or terminal issues, improve security patches and potentially resolve your issue. To update the console and fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4, you will need a USB drive with optimal free space formatted to FAT32 version.
1. In the USB drive, create a PS4 folder and a UPDATE subfolder.
2. Download the latest update file from the official page.
3. Save the file as PS4UPDATE.PUP in the update subfolder.
4. Shut down the console and plug this stick into the console by inserting it into a forward-facing USB port of PS4.
5. Press and hold the power button and release it when the console beeps for the second time. This will boot the console in safe mode.
6. From the list of options, select Update System Software.
7. Select Update from USB Storage Device option and click on OK to update.
8. Restart the console after the update is completed. This should fix Titanfall 2 connection to server timed out on PS4 problem for you.
Note: You can also update the console on the home screen, by using the System Software update option.
Method 10: Clear Storage Space
If there are too many files on your PlayStation and the hard disk is now left with nearly no space in it, the files would find a hard time to operate. This can route Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4 problem.
1. Launch Settings on the home screen of your console.
2. From the list, click on System Storage Management.
3. The next page will show four categories in the form of: Applications, Capture Gallery, Application Saved Data, Themes and their individually occupied space data. On that screen, select the category to be deleted.
4. Press Options button on your controller.
5. Select Delete.
Also Read: 8 Easy Ways to Fix Blinking Blue Light of Death on PS4
Method 11: Delete Saved Game Data on PS4
1. On the home screen, select Settings option.
2. Click on Application Saved Data Management.
3. Select Saved Data in System Storage.
4. Select Delete.
5. Choose Titanfall 2 game from the list.
6. Select Delete and confirm by clicking on OK.
You can repeat the same for deleting saved game data in online storage. However, deleting the data from the cloud will erase all the progress and other details of your account from the game.
Method 12: Reinstall Titanfall 2
Lastly, you can try to reinstall Titanfall 2 game on PlayStation to fix the issue.
1. Open Game library.
2. Navigate to Titanfall 2 and select it to delete.
3. Press the Options button on the controller.
4. Press Delete and confirm by clicking on OK.
6. Now move to the Library app and open it.
7. From the left pane, click on Purchased.
8. Navigate to Titanfall 2 and select it.
The game would download and reinstall on your PlayStation 4.
With the last method, we have reached the end of the article. Thank you for reading. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4 issue. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries, or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
Fix Titanfall 2 Error 429 on PS4
Titanfall 2 is a popular first-person shooter game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Unfortunately, some players have been experiencing an error code 429 when trying to play the game on their PlayStation 4. This error code is usually caused by a connection issue, and can be fixed by following the steps below.
Step 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The first step to fixing error code 429 is to make sure your internet connection is working properly. Check your router and modem to make sure they are connected and functioning correctly. If you are using a wireless connection, try switching to a wired connection to see if that helps. If your connection is working properly, move on to the next step.
Step 2: Restart Your PS4
If your internet connection is working properly, the next step is to restart your PS4. To do this, press and hold the power button on the front of the console for at least 7 seconds until it shuts down. Once it has shut down, wait a few seconds and then press the power button again to turn it back on. This should help fix the error code 429.
Step 3: Clear Your PS4 Cache
If restarting your PS4 didn’t fix the error code 429, the next step is to clear your PS4 cache. To do this, press and hold the power button on the front of the console for at least 7 seconds until it shuts down. Once it has shut down, wait a few seconds and then press and hold the power button again for at least 7 seconds until you hear two beeps. This will clear your PS4 cache and should help fix the error code 429.
Step 4: Reinstall Titanfall 2
If clearing your PS4 cache didn’t fix the error code 429, the next step is to reinstall Titanfall 2. To do this, go to the PlayStation Store and search for Titanfall 2. Select the game and then select the “Download” option. This will reinstall the game and should help fix the error code 429.
If you are experiencing error code 429 when trying to play Titanfall 2 on your PS4, try following the steps above. Check your internet connection, restart your PS4, clear your PS4 cache, and reinstall the game. This should help fix the error code 429 and get you back to playing the game.