1. Check your NAT type. If it is set to Strict or Moderate, you may need to open the ports required for online play.
2. Make sure you are not blocking the game in your firewall.
3. Check your router settings and make sure that the ports required for online play are open.
4. Make sure you are not running any other programs that could be interfering with the game.
5. Try restarting your router and console.
6. Try resetting your network settings.
7. Try reinstalling the game.
8. Try using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection.
Modern Warfare 2 is the latest launch of the Call of Duty video game franchise. It is highly popular among players as a result of the cross-platform between Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. Unlike any other game, players are facing some difficulties in terms of sending friend requests. Not being able to send friend request is a minor error, but if it persists for a long then can it can become a reason for players to leave the game. If you are also facing MW2 friend request sending failed error, you don’t need to worry as we have brought you fixes. Through the article, you will be finding methods that can help you resolve friend request sending failed Warzone.
How to Fix MW2 Friend Request Sending Failed Issue
Other errors in the game, occur mostly because of server uptime and other known reasons. Friend request sending failed warzone occurs primarily because the friend request menu is completely locked. Therefore the game does not allow you to send and accept friend requests, even when you have some. Mentioned below are some methods that can help you fix the glitches of friend request bug Modern Warzone.
Method 1: Restart Game
Restarting the game is the first option that is the most basic fix that can help you resolve most of your issues. Likewise, the server is occupied by a huge number of players, restarting the game can help you overcome this error. If you still find the error after restarting the game, you can hop on to the next method which can help you fix the issue.
Also Read: How to unmute players in Warzone?
Method 2: Use COD Companion App
For the MW2 friend request sending failure, you can use the Call of Duty companion app as a solution. All you need to do is download and install the app on your and log in to your account and then start sending and receiving requests from other players. You can also follow the steps given below to do the same:
1. Launch the Call of Duty companion app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on Account and Network settings and then tap on Activation account.
3. Log in to your account.
4. Inform your friends to invite or add you.
This will unlock the friend request menu and you will able to send and receive friend requests.
Method 3: Wait for Server Uptime
Checking the Call of Duty social media accounts is one of the methods that can help you fix the issue of not being able to send friend requests. All you need to do is just monitor their social media updates. There are can be issues like server downtime which can be a reason why you are not being able to send friends requests in the game. Therefore, you can watch out for tweets if that is the case, and just wait for the server uptime instead of trying out other fixes. You can also use Activision Support website to check your server uptime.
Method 4: Use Other Games
If you are still struggling with the friend requests error you can go with this method. You can try using other games like Modern Warfare 2019 or Warzone to send friend requests and add them. If this method also do not work you need to try out the next method that requires you to verify the game files.
Also Read: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 witnesses invulnerable enemy
Method 5: Verify Integrity of Game Files
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked for you, it’s time to try your hands on the third method which requires you to verify the game files. Verifying the files might help you resolve friend request bug Modern Warzone. To do so you can read out our guide on how to verify game files on stream.
Method 6: Reinstall Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
If the above methods do not solve the issue, then you can reinstall the game to fix friend request sending failed warzone error. Follow these steps to do so.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a program.
3. Look for Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2 and right-click on it to Uninstall.
To Reinstall, and you have the game on your Steam then follow these steps:
1. Go to your Steam Library.
2. Search and click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and click on Install.
3. Choose location for install and click on NEXT> button.
Also Read: 12 Common Infinite Warfare Errors and Fixes
Method 7: Contact Support Team
Lastly, if you continue to find this MW2 friend request sending failed error you can visit the Activision support page for help as shown in the steps below.
1. Visit the Activision Support website.
2. Log in to your Activision account by clicking on the LOG IN button.
3. Under I need help with section, select Modern Warfare 2.
4. Then select the platform, for which you want the solution.
5. Select the topic Feedback and Bug Reporting.
6. On the Issue tab, select the I want to report a bug option.
7. Then, on the next window, click on Report a bug in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
8. Then on the last page, fill in the boxes and describe the bug or error and then click on Submit.
Wait for Activision’s support team to reach you and provide you with the solutions to fix the error.
Following these steps can help get over the friend requests error on Modern Warzone 2.
These are some of the fixes that you can perform to get away with not being able to send friend requests on Modern Warfare 2. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn about how to fix MW2 friend request sending failed. Let us know if you liked the article and which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
Fix MW2 Friend Request Sending Failed Issue
Are you having trouble sending friend requests in Modern Warfare 2? If so, you’re not alone. Many players have reported this issue, and it can be quite frustrating. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix this issue.
Check Your Network Connection
The first thing you should do is check your network connection. Make sure your internet connection is stable and that you’re not experiencing any lag or packet loss. If your connection is unstable, it could be causing the issue.
Check Your Firewall Settings
If your network connection is stable, the next step is to check your firewall settings. Make sure that Modern Warfare 2 is allowed to communicate through your firewall. If it’s not, you won’t be able to send friend requests.
Check Your NAT Type
The next step is to check your NAT type. Your NAT type determines how your console communicates with other players. If your NAT type is set to “Strict” or “Moderate”, you may have trouble sending friend requests. To fix this, you’ll need to change your NAT type to “Open”.
Check Your Console Settings
Finally, you should check your console settings. Make sure that your console is set to allow friend requests. If it’s not, you won’t be able to send or receive friend requests.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the issue and start sending friend requests in Modern Warfare 2. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to contact your internet service provider or console manufacturer for further assistance.