Malwarebytes is a PC protection software that works similar to an antivirus program. This utility software comes with a free trial version and a premium version. Both the versions provide a Real-Time Protection to your PC. However, the program needs to be updated regularly to keep you system protected. If you are having Malwarebytes not updating issues in your PC, then do not worry! We bring to you a perfect guide that will solve your query on how do I fix Malwarebytes not updating issue. So, continue reading the article!
How to Fix Malwarebytes Not Updating in Windows 10
Malwarebytes utility app has various features to protect your PC from viruses and malware. It has also an online privacy feature to safely browser internet from the web browser. But, the app needs to be updated in a regular basis. If you are facing issue of Malwarebytes won’t update on Windows 10, then this may be due to following reasons.
- Automatic Updates is disabled.
- Windows Firewall blocking the app.
- Outdated Windows OS.
- Corrupt Installation of the app.
Here are the troubleshooting methods to fix Malwarebytes not updating issue.
Method 1: Enable Automatic Updates
To solve your query on how do I fix malwarebytes not updating issue, you can turn on Automatic updates feature from the app settings. Follow these steps to do so.
1. Open the Malwarebytes utility app.
2. Click on the gear icon to open the Settings.
3. Now, toggle on the Automatic Update option.
4. Now, the updates will get automatically installed in your PC.
Also Read: Fix Malwarebytes Unable to Connect the Service error
Method 2: Manually Install Updates
If enabling the automatic updates feature does not fix Malwarebytes not updating problem, then try manually installing the updates. Follow the steps listed below to manually download and install the updates.
1. Launch the Malwarebytes app.
2. Go to the Settings.
3. Here, click on Check for updates option.
4. Malwarebytes will start downloading and installing update if any.
5. After installing the update, you will receive Update Complete message, click on OK.
Also Read: How to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Malware
Method 3: Whitelist Malwarebytes in Windows Firewall
If you are unable to update the Malwarebytes app in your PC, then this may be due to Windows Firewall blocking the app. Sometimes, to protect your system from threats firewall blocks the third-party apps. So, whitelisting Malwarebytes in Windows Firewall may fix Malwarebytes won’t update on Windows 10 issue. To allow Malwarebytes in your Windows Defender Firewall, follow our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall and implement the steps as instructed.
Method 4: Update Windows
Outdated Windows OS can create issues with the third-party apps. If your Operating system is not updated, then Malwarebytes may have bugs and errors that will result in Malwarebytes won’t update on Windows 10 issue. So, you should keep your PC updated. Read our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
Also Read: Fix Malwarebytes Real-Time Web Protection Won’t Turn on Error
Method 5: Reinstall Malwarebytes
Due to corrupt installation of the app, you may face Malwarebytes not updating issue in Windows 10. You can reinstall the app in your PC to solve this problem.
1. Hit the Windows key and type apps and features, then click on Open.
2. Now, search for Malwarebytes app in the list and click on it. Then, select the Uninstall option.
3. If you are prompted, again click on Uninstall.
4. Click on Uninstall in the Malwarebytes Uninstaller window.
5. Wait for the uninstallation process to finish.
6. Then, click on Done and reboot the PC.
7. Now, visit the Malwarebytes download page and download the latest version of the application to fix Malwarebytes not updating problem.
8. After downloading, run the Malwarebytes Setup file.
9. Click on Install button.
10. Choose Who you are trying to protect from the options given and click on Next button.
11. You can also include browser protection in the installation setup.
12. Wait for the installation process to be completed.
13. Finally, you will receive the message stating Installation Successful, click on Done.
Reinstalling the app will solve Malwarebytes not updating problem on Windows 10.
Also Read: Recover Files from Virus Infected Pen Drive (2022)
Method 6: Visit Malwarebytes Support
Lastly, you can try visiting the Malwarebytes Personal Support page and search for your query on how do I fix malwarebytes not updating issue. Follow the instructions there to fix the problem.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Malwarebytes not updating error in Windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.