Fix Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe Application Error – TechCult
Fortnite is one of the famous battle royale games enjoyed by millions of gamers. But, what if, you are constantly facing error messages when you are trying to play the game this is what happens to a lot of players. You may see Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe application error when you try to launch Fortnite. Although this error does not prevent you from playing the game (it pops up randomly), it may annoy you a lot. If you are trying to resolve this frustrating issue on your Windows 10 PC, this guide will help you a lot! It covers a complete list of troubleshooting hacks that help you to fix Fortnite invalid game executable errors.
How to Fix Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe Application Error
Here, we have shown the solutions to solve Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error in detail.
What is FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe?
FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe is an executable file that stores the Fortnite processes. It belongs to the Unreal Engine software introduced by Epic Games software developer. You can find this file usually in the following location.
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64
Although it is not a Windows core file, it cannot be deleted on your own because it may be a crucial component of your game. Some gamers report, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe consumes a lot of CPU, and GPU resources. While other claims it is a virus. To check if this program is legit on your PC, go to the Task Manager and click on Details. If you cannot find the Developer of the program and if they seem suspicious, you can remove it from the Fortnite folder or perform a malware scan as instructed in upcoming troubleshooting methods.
What Causes FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe Error?
This section includes a list of reasons that cause Fortnite invalid game executable error on your computer. Analyze them deeply to predict which reason has triggered an issue on your PC.
- EasyAntiCheat: This anti-cheat service starts misbehaving on your PC, and the discussed error occurs on your computer. You can fix this problem by repairing the EasyAntiCheat service.
- MyColor2: This application is used for keyboard settings and lighting. If this program runs in the background and interferes with the game, you are more likely to face the error.
- Corrupt Files: Fortnite starts misbehaving if there are any corrupt files and folders in the game or on the PC. Although it is very hard to pinpoint the exact file that triggers the error, it is a good idea to reinstall the whole program to fix it.
- Graphics card is overclocked: Your graphics card adapter is not working properly after your PC is overclocked.
- Malware attack: Your PC has any viruses or malware intruded on it. These threatful foreign files are preventing the game to be accessed.
- Outdated Windows Operating System: You are using an outdated version of the Windows operating system. Hence, the latest version of the game cannot be supported on your PC.
This section covers a complete list of troubleshooting methods that help you fix Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error within simple steps on your PC.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Hacks
Before going through the advanced troubleshooting methods, follow these basic methods to fix the error.
1A. Close Background Tasks
Several background processes running on your PC may interfere with Fortnite processes. These programs may contribute to Fortnite invalid game executable error. Follow our guide How to End Task in Windows 10 to exit from all background processes.
1B. Ensure Proper Network Connection
An unstable internet connection leads to a Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error, also if there are any obstacles between your router and your computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems.
You can run a SpeedTest to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the signal strength of your network and if it is very low, clear all the obstructions in between the way.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1C. Change Display Resolution
If you face a Fortnite invalid game executable error, there are a few possibilities that the display resolution of your computer is conflicting with the game. In this case, you have to lower the display resolution and try again later as instructed below.
1. Press the Windows + D keys together to navigate to Desktop.
2. Now, right-click on the Desktop and select the Personalise option.
3. Then, in the left pane, click on Display and in the right pane choose a lower screen resolution under Display resolution as shown.
Once you have adjusted the Display resolution, check if you were able to fix the discussed error.
1D. Update Graphics Drivers
Graphical drivers are responsible for heavy graphical images and video processing games. If you face any launching conflicts in the Fortnite game, make sure you use an updated version of device drivers, as they serve as a link between the hardware and the Operating System of your PC. Many users have suggested that updating drivers has fixed Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe application error. Read and implement the steps instructed in our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to do so.
1E. Reinstall Graphics Driver
If you still face Fortnite invalid game executable issue after updating your GPU drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. There are several ways to reinstall drivers on your computer. Yet, you can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
After reinstalling GPU drivers, check if you have fixed the Fortnite application error.
1F. Roll Back GPU Driver Updates
Sometimes, the current version of GPU drivers may cause Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe and in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
1G. Update Windows Operating System
Also, if there are any bugs in your PC, it leads to the same error, they can only be fixed after a Windows update. Microsoft releases regular updates to fix all these bugs thereby sorting Fortnite invalid game executable issue.
Hence, ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if there are any updates pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can access your game without any errors.
1H. Change DNS Address
Domain Name System (DNS) is responsible to establish a proper internet connection. The DNS addresses provided by your Internet Service Provider might not be compatible with the internet speed and bandwidth. So, in this case, you are advised to change the DNS addresses as instructed in our guide on How to change DNS settings in Windows 10 to change the DNS addresses on your PC. You are advised to switch to any Open DNS or Google DNS on your Windows 10 PC by following our guide on How to Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS on Windows.
1I. Clear Temporary Files
If there is minimum available space in your computer, you will face Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error. Follow our guide 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows which helps you clear all unnecessary files on your computer.
1J. Disable Antivirus Temporarily
Your antivirus program may mistakenly prevent any new latest updates of the game from being installed on your PC. Many compatibility issues are identified by several Windows users they are difficult to tolerate and rectify. Antivirus software like Norton and Avast may prevent any latest Windows update and you are advised to disable any inbuilt or third-party antivirus software temporarily to resolve the same.
Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
After installing cumulative updates on your Windows 10 PC, make sure to re-enable the antivirus program since a system without a security suite is always a threat.
Method 2: Run Fortnite as Administrator
To avoid Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error on your Windows 10 computer, run Fortnite game as an administrator as instructed below.
1. Right-click on the Fortnite shortcut on the desktop.
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Note: You are also advised to disable startup programs on your computer by following our guide on 4 Ways to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10. This will save the memory of unnecessary startup programs running in the background.
Method 3: Create New Account in Epic Games
Sometimes creating a new account may fix Fortnite invalid game executable error. Follow the steps listed below to do so.
1. Navigate to Epic Games website.
2. Click on Sign in option.
3. Here, select the Sign Up option.
4. Now, choose how you would like to sign up to you Epic Games account. Here, we have choose to SIGN UP WITH EMAIL.
5. Then, fill your details in Sign Up form and click on CONTINUE option.
6. Finally, after Signing up, launch the Fortnite PC.
Method 4: Restart EasyAntiCheat Service
Few essential Windows services like EasyAntiCheat service will help you prevent any problems. If in case, if these services are turned off, you may face several conflicts. Hence, you are advised to restart this service as instructed below steps.
1. Type Services in the search menu and click on Run as administrator.
2. Now, scroll down and double-click on the EasyAntiCheat service.
3. Now, in the new pop up window, select the Startup type to Automatic, as depicted.
Note: If the Service status is Stopped, then click on the Start button. If the Service status is Running, click on Stop and Start it again.
4. Click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Method 5: Repair System Files
Sometimes, a few of your system files can be corrupt due to several reasons like malware attacks, improper shutdown, incomplete Windows update installations, etc. All these corrupt files will not let you launch the Fortnite game on your computer. Hence if you face Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe application error, you are advised to repair these corrupt files essentially.
Luckily, your Windows 10 PC has inbuilt repair tools like SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management).
Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
Method 6: Run Antivirus Scan
Several Microsoft experts suggest that, scanning PC will help you maintain your computer threat free. If there are any virus or malware intrusions in your PC, you will face Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error.
Hence, you are advised to scan your computer as instructed in our guide How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer?
Also, if you want to remove malware in your computer, check our guide How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10
Method 7: Stop/Remove MyColor2
As discussed earlier, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe error will happen on your computer if there are any interference from any third party apps like MyColor2. You can either disable this MyColor 2 program on your PC via Task Manager or uninstall the program as instructed below.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on Apps.
3. Now, search and click on MyColor 2 and select Uninstall option.
4. Now, confirm the prompt if any, and reboot your PC once you have uninstalled MyColor 2.
Method 8: Repair EasyAntiCheat Service
Many users have reported that restoring the EasyAntiCheat service on their PCs has easily helped them fix Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error. This will fix any temporary glitches associated with the EasyAntiCheat service thereby helping you to fix the problem.
1. Press Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
2. Navigate to the following location path.
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\EasyAntiCheat
3. Then, double-click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe to launch the file.
4. Now, click on the Repair Service option
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the repair process.
6. Press Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
7. Then, navigate to the given path and delete all the files within the folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\ Easy Anti Cheat or C:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files \Easy Anti Cheat
8. Again, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Easy Anti Cheat and delete all the files within the folder.
9. Now, hit the Windows key and type %appdata%. Then, click on Open.
10. Now, navigate to the Easy Anti Cheat folder and right-click on it, click on Delete.
11. Go to the Windows Search box again and type %LocalAppData%
12. Find the Easy Anti Cheat folder by using the search menu, right-click on it and select the Delete option as you did earlier.
Now, you have successfully deleted all the leftover corrupt configuration files of Easy Anti Cheat from your computer. Likewise, delete the AppData, LocalAppData and Program files of FortniteGame.
Method 9: Uninstall Conflicting/Antivirus Apps in Safe Mode
Some applications and programs might interfere with Fortnite during its operation. To confirm and fix this, you have to boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10. The safe mode of Windows PC will shut all the non-essential tasks and runs with the most stable drivers. In safe mode, Windows PC will be in the most stable environment and hence you can find which app is conflicting with Fortnite. You can boot your computer by following our guide How to Boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10 and once all the third-party software is disabled, check if you face Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe Windows 10 error again.
Once your PC is in safe mode, check if you face the problem again. If you do not face the problem, uninstall any recent program or application you have added to your computer.
Method 10: Reinstall Fortnite Game on Windows 10
You can try reinstalling the game to fix Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Press the Windows key, type apps and features and click on Open.
2. Here, select the Fortnite game and click on Uninstall option.
3. Again, click on Uninstall to confirm.
4. After uninstalling the game, reboot the PC.
5. Then, go to the Fortnite download page and select Windows option.
6. Next, launch the downloaded setup file.
7. Choose the Destination folder and click on Install option.
8. Wait for the game files to be installed.
9. Finally, click on Finish.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe error on your PC. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.