Discovery plus is an American streaming service. This platform is enjoyed by many because of the quality content that it has on its platform. Even I love to binge-watch series on it. However, some users have faced the issue of discovery plus freezing. And if you are also facing this issue, you are at the right place. Because in this guide, we will be telling you how to fix discovery plus freezing. Not only this, but we will also tell you why does discovery plus keep freezing. So please keep reading to learn about it.
How to Fix Discovery Plus Freezing Issue
We know it is annoying when discovery plus freezing issue comes up, especially when you are watching a favorite series. But you will not be annoyed from now because you will now know how to fix discovery plus freezing. Before we begin troubleshooting, let us discuss the possible causes of the issue.
Why Does Discovery Plus Keep Freezing?
Here are the possible reasons why does discovery plus keep freezing:
- If the server is downtime, you can face discovery+ keeps buffering issues.
- Another probable cause is a poor internet connection.
- Conflict with Video Enhancer or Vibrant Colour effect settings on your smartphone can also be the cause of why discovery plus keeps buffering.
- The next possible reason can be an outdated version of the app.
- You can also face the issue if your phone software is not updated.
- Your device temporary data and files can get corrupted and create trouble.
Now you know why does discovery plus keep freezing, so let us begin with the methods to fix the error.
Note: Android smartphones do not have the same settings options and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The steps mentioned below were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
These common methods are easy to perform, effective and do not require much technical knowledge. So, let us begin with this basic troubleshooting:
1. Try Different Device
The first and foremost thing you can do is try watching content on Disney+ on another devive. If this solves your query, there is nothing wrong with the app but with your earlier device.
2. Force Restart Discovery Plus
To learn how to force Restart, follow the steps given below:
1. First, tap on Settings.
2. Now, tap on Apps.
3. Scroll down and tap on discovery+.
4. Here, tap on Force stop.
5. Now, tap on OK
6. Finally, launch the app on your device and check if the issue has been resolved.
2. Restart Phone
Unfortunately, some apps run in the background and impede the functionality of your device. Additionally, this interference may prevent some apps, such as discovery+, from functioning. To resolve this issue, restart your smartphone. You can try this step by using the steps given below:
1. Press and hold the Power and volume down buttons on your smartphone.
2. After that, tap on Restart to restart your device.
Method 1: Wait for Discovery Plus Server Uptime
You can face the issue if the servers are down. So, first, check the server status. If the server is down, we request to wait until server uptime is there. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated page to check the server status. But you can check the server status in three ways:
1. Check the official Twitter page of Disney Plus.
2. You can use Down for Everyone or Just Me to know the server status.
3. Apart from this, you can also check the server status on the official Facebook page of Discovery Plus.
Also Read: When Will Discovery Plus be Available on PS4?
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
One of the common reasons discovery+ keeps buffering is a poor internet connection. If the network is weak, you will not be able to stream content online. Therefore, you should troubleshoot your internet connection. Read our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone to troubleshoot your internet connection.
Also Read: How to Connect to WiFi Network using WPS on Android
Method 3: Clear Discovery Plus App Cache
If all the above methods cannot fix the error, try clearing the app cache. Because cache can prevent the smooth functioning of the app. The steps that are given below will guide you on how to clear the app cache:
1. First, launch the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Here, scroll down and tap on Apps.
3. Again, scroll down and tap on discovery+.
4. Under App Info, tap on Storage.
5. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
Method 4: Disable VPN
Another reason that can cause discovery plus keeps buffering is VPN. If you use VPN on your smartphone to bypass the geographical restriction, you should disable it when you use Discovery Plus on your Android phone. You can disable VPN by following the steps given below:
1. First, tap on Settings.
2. Now, tap on Connections.
3. Next, scroll down and tap on More connection settings.
4. Here, tap on VPN.
5. Now, proceed as per the instructions shown on the phone screen
Also Read: Fix VPN not connecting on Android
Method 5: Disable Video Enhancer
Another reason for the error can be a conflict with the Video enhancer or Vibrant colour Effect settings on your device. To learn how to disable the video enhancer follow the steps given below:
Note: On different devices, this feature may have another name. On my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, this feature name is Video Brightness.
1. Launch Settings on your smartphone.
2. Here, tap on the Advanced features.
3. Next, tap on Video brightness.
4. Finally, tap on Normal.
Method 6: Re-login to discovery+ App
It is another effective method that can help you fix the error. Methods to perform the same are given below:
1. Launch the discovery+ app on your device.
2. Now, tap on the three-lined icon.
3. Here, tap on the user symbol.
4. Tap on Sign Out.
5. Next, tap on Sign Out.
6. Finally, log in by entering the credentials.
Also Read: How to Turn On Network Discovery in Windows 10
Method 7: Update Discovery Plus App
If you are using an outdated version of the app, you may also face discovery plus keeps buffering issue. Therefore, you should update your app by following the steps:
1. First, launch the Play Store.
2. In the search bar, type discovery+ and tap on the same result.
3. If a pending update is available, tap on Update.
Also Read: Android TV vs Roku TV: Which is Better?
Method 8: Update Android
Another method to fix the issue is to update your device. To learn how to update your device, follow the steps below:
1. Tap on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on Software update.
3. Tap on Download and install on Software update.
4. Finally, tap on Download and wait until the software updates.
Also Read: Android May Get Native Support for Phone as Webcam
Method 9: Reinstall Discovery Plus
If the above-mentioned methods failed to fix discovery plus freezing, you could try reinstalling Discovery Plus app on your Android phone. By uninstalling the app, you can get rid of all the cache, data and malware causing the error. However, once you uninstall the app, you need to reinstall it. To learn how to uninstall and reinstall the app read the steps:
1. Hold the discovery+ app icon on your phone till you see the Uninstall option.
2. Now, tap on Uninstall and wait till the process is finished.
3. Launch the Play Store app.
4. Now, search discovery+ and tap on the result shown.
5. Tap on the Install.
Also Read: Fix Netflix Not Working on Sony Smart TV
Method 10: Contact Customer Support
Even after trying all the methods that we have mentioned, discovery plus keeps buffering, then you should contact the discovery+ support page.
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix discovery plus freezing error. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.