Discord is the main social media platform for the gamers to communicate. However, many users are facing Discord stuck on a loading screen and connecting forever issues. If this is the case for you also, then you do not need to worry! We have a perfect guide that will teach you how to fix Discord stuck on the connecting screen problem. Also, we have discussed about the reasons that may cause the said issue. So, continue reading!
How to Fix Discord Stuck on the Connecting Screen
Following are the possible causes of Discord stuck on a loading screen problem.
- Network Connection Issues.
- Incorrect Date & Time Settings.
- Malware and Viruses.
- Discord Blocked by Windows Firewall.
- Corrupt Discord Installation Files.
Before following the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, you need to check for any outage in Discord servers. Visit the Discord server status page.
If the Discord servers are running smoothly, then you need to perform the given troubleshooting methods to solve Discord stuck on the connecting screen issue.
Method 1: Restart Router
Firstly, reboot your internet router to fix any temporary bugs in your network connection. Below are the steps to restart the router.
1. Press your Wi-Fi router Power button.
2. Then, remove the power cable and wait until the power is entirely drained from the capacitors.
3. Now, connect the power cable and switch on your router again.
Also Read: Fix Error 1105 Discord in Windows 10
Method 2: Close Conflicting Programs
If there are conflicting apps in your PC that creates errors with Discord resulting in Discord connection issues, then close those programs. If you end those conflicting processes, then this can solve the problem. Read our guide to end task in Windows 10.
Method 3: Change DNS Address
Another common solution to Discord stuck on the connecting screen problem is changing the DNS setting on your system. You can use Google DNS server or OpenDNS server to fix the issue. Follow our guide on 3 ways to change DNS settings on Windows 10.
Method 4: Clear DNS Cache
If changing the DNS do not fix Discord connecting forever issues, then try clearing the DNS cache. Follow our guide to clear DNS cache in Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Network Profile Missing Problem
Method 5: Turn Off Proxy Server
Another method to fix Discord stuck on the connecting screen problem is by disabling the VPN and proxy server if enabled. Read our guide to disable VPN and proxy server on Windows 10.
Method 6: Change Date & Time Settings
Incorrect Date and time settings can also create errors on Discord app. Windows has an automatic date and time feature where it sets them automatically according to the region you are in. So, you can enable the automatic date and time feature. Check our guide to change Date and time settings on Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Keeps Freezing
Method 7: Run Malware Scans
There can be malware and viruses on your PC which can cause this Discord stuck on a loading screen issue. So, you need to check if this is the case. Follow our guide to run a virus scan on computer.
Method 8: Allow Discord Through Windows Firewall
If Discord program is blocked by Windows Firewall, then this may result in Discord connection issues. Follow our guide to allow or block apps through Windows Firewall.
Method 9: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall (Not Recommended)
If allowing Discord app in the Windows Firewall still did not fix Discord stuck on the connecting screen issue, then you can disable the firewall temporarily. Check our guide on how to disable Windows 10 Firewall.
Note: We do not recommend to turn off Windows Defender Firewall on Windows PC as it protects the computer from malware.
Also Read: Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
Method 10: Reinstall Discord Program
Another way is to reinstall Discord with a fresh setup to fix Discord connecting forever problem. The app could have been infected with corrupted files or flaws. Perform the following steps to reinstall the app and fix Discord stuck on the connecting screen problem.
1. Hit the Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Windows Settings.
2. Open the Apps setting.
3. Locate the Discord app and click on Uninstall option.
4. Then, click on Uninstall option again to confirm and uninstall the program.
5. Now, press the Windows + E keys together to launch the File Explorer.
6. Navigate to the following location path to open the Discord file.
7. Now, right-click on the Discord file and select the Delete option.
8. Next, visit the official Discord website and click on Download for Windows button.
9. Now, after the setup file is downloaded, double-click on the DiscordSetup.exe file to install it on your Windows PC.
10. Once the program is installed, launch Discord to check if Discord stuck on a loading screen error on Windows 10 is settled.
We hope that this guide was helpful, and you were able to fix Discord stuck on the connecting screen issue. Let us know which method worked for you best to solve Discord connection issues on your system. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.