Modern Warfare 2 is a popular first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. Unfortunately, some players have encountered an error code 615 while playing the game. This error is caused by a corrupted game file or a problem with the game’s installation. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to fix this error and get back to playing the game. In this article, we will discuss the causes of error 615 and provide some tips on how to fix it.
Fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2
1. Restart your console and router.
2. Clear the system cache.
3. Check your NAT type.
4. Check your network connection.
5. Reset your router.
6. Check your firewall settings.
7. Update your console’s firmware.
8. Contact your ISP.
9. Reinstall the game.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is an extremely popular first-person shooter game and obviously has a large fan base like other Call of Duty titles. But Modern Warfare 2 is not immune to bugs or technical issues like any other game and has a lot of bugs and errors that can ruin your gameplay experience. Dev Error 615 is one such issue and is one of the most frustrating ones that players can encounter. In this article on how to resolve Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2, we’ll look at what is Dev Error 615, what causes Dev Error 615 in MW 2, and offer some troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the problem and get back to enjoying the game. First, let’s know what Dev Error 615 is then go through solutions to fix Dev error 615 in Modern Warfare 2.
How to Fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2
In this guide, you will get to know about the troubleshooting methods to fix Dev error 615 in Modern Warfare 2.
What is Dev Error 615?
Experiencing a Dev Error in a game like Modern Warfare 2 can be a frustrating and game-breaking issue for many players. It often occurs at the worst possible moment, such as during a heated match or while attempting to achieve a nuke, or if you’re on the run for MVP in a match in multiplayer mode and can force players back to the main menu or lobby. Dev error 615 and other Dev Errors can make the game unplayable and negatively impact the overall gameplay experience, which can be disheartening for players. Players have encountered this error in a variety of scenarios; the game crashes if you jump significantly, and some have encountered it while attempting to jump over a wall, which is when the game crashed and pushed them back to the main menu. While there is no specific cause for Dev Error 615 to occur, there are some possible causes for this error. If you are searching for possible causes of this Dev Error, then read this next section on what causes Dev Error 615 in MW2.
What Causes Dev Error 615 in MW2?
As you have read in the above section, how jumping frequently and trying to climb over a wall can put you back to the main menu of Modern Warfare 2. But usually, such game Dev Errors are caused due to issues with the game or system mainly. So just jumping and doing something in-game doesn’t really make your game crash and for such an error to occur unless there is something wrong with the game or system itself. Below are some of the possible causes for Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2:
- Server Issue: Modern Warfare 2 was launched recently in October 2022, and ever since its launch, the number of active players is on the rise, which is making the servers crash with the outrageous number of players logging in to play the Call of Duty’s newest series or you can say a remake of the classic Modern Warfare 2. With the number of players trying to play the game at the same time, the servers can sometimes overload and are down for some time, or even be put to maintenance for some upcoming bug fixes and updates. So, keeping a check on the server status of MW 2 is always necessary when such Dev Error is encountered.
- Outdated Game Version: An outdated version of Modern Warfare can cause such Dev Errors to occur, and it’s not only for this game only. You can encounter numerous errors and issues if you use an outdated version of any app or game. So, it is always recommended to always have the latest version of the game, to get rid of such errors and issues.
- Poor Internet Connection: One of the main causes for any Dev Error to occur is having a poor internet connection. It can be frustrating if you have high in-game ping due to your poor internet speed. Dev Error can occur due to such poor connection speed causing sudden crashes and unable to log in to your game. Whether you are on a kill streak in multiplayer mode or playing the classic story mode of MW 2, you must have a decent internet connection speed to run the game smoothly without any lags and other issues.
- Corrupt Game Files: Having corrupted game files is another main cause for Dev Error 615 to occur. If you have wrongly downloaded the game and some files may be missing, you may encounter this error. So, it is always advised to download games from trusted and legit sources.
Even though players have reported that there is no specific cause for Dev Error 615 to occur, these are the most possible and valid causes for this error. Now that you have learned about the causes, it’s obvious that you may want to know how Dev Error 615 in MW2 looks like, so let’s show you that.
Also Read: How Do You Unlink a Call of Duty Account
How Dev Error 615 in MW2 Looks Like
When you are in the middle of an intense match or simply looting guns, ammo, etc., then suddenly the Dev Error 615 may pop up and will take you to the main menu of Modern Warfare 2. You may want to break your console or device where you are playing the game when suddenly you are taken out of your match, and you see the below image of the Dev Error 615 pop-up window on your screen.
Well, as a gamer, we know how frustrating it can be when you encounter such issues, so instead of raging, check out the methods to fix this Dev Error 615 in the next section, where we will provide you with every method possible to fix this issue on your own, and have some sense of relief after you go through the mentioned methods and fix the issue yourself. So, let’s not waste any more of your time before you break anything, let’s head straight to Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2.
Ways to Fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2
Here are the various methods to fix Dev Error 615 and get back to the battlefield. Since you know the causes and have seen what the error looks like, you can follow any of the methods to try fixing the issue.
Method 1: Wait for Game Server Uptime
Your gameplay may be affected if Modern Warfare 2’s servers are down or undergoing maintenance. With MW 2’s rising popularity in this current gaming market, the wave of gamers is stepping onto its battlefield, but servers are sometimes crashing due to this huge load of players. For maintenance the servers can be down, and to check status updates of MW 2 on various consoles and other platforms, just follow these steps:
1. Go to the Activision Support website on your web browser.
2. Now, scroll down and under Server Status by Network select the platform in which you are playing MW 2 and have encountered Dev Error 615.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
You know that a poor internet connection can cause various errors in any game, and Modern Warfare 2’s Dev Error 615 is one such issue that can be caused due to poor internet connection. It’s a frustrating experience when you can’t connect to the wired or wireless networks when you need to. And if you are on a Windows system and facing a Dev Error, then Windows includes a tool to enable people in troubleshooting connection issues.
You can follow our guide on How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 and easily fix any internet connection problems.
Also Read: Call of Duty Annual Premium Release 2023
Method 3: Restart Modern Warfare 2
This is a simple and easy solution that may just do the work and fix fix Dev error 615 in Modern Warfare 2 problem. All you must do is simply close the game when the error occurs and wait some time, and then restart the game. As many players have reported that this fix helps them to resolve Dev Error 615, you can give it a try as it is always a good option to restart the game and play it, as it makes the game run more smoothly.
Method 4: Close Background Applications
Closing background apps can sometimes help to fix Dev Error 615 because it helps to free up memory and system resources. By closing apps running in the background, the computer can focus its resources to prioritize Modern Warfare 2, and closing GPU and high-graphics oriented apps running in the background can make your PC much smoother giving you seamless gameplay. This method can help prevent the error from occurring, as the system must run only MW 2 with a clean background. Read out our guide on How to End tasks on Windows 10.
Method 5: Verify Integrity of Game Files
It is possible that some of the game’s files and folders were corrupted during installation, causing the error.
Option I: On Steam
To verify integrity game files on Steam, read out our guide. And being a huge game in file size, the process of verifying files may take some time. And once it’s done relaunch the game and check if the issue persists.
Option II: On Battle.net
1. Go to Battle.net in your web browser.
2. Click on Account, then click on Log in.
2. Go to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 menu.
3. Click on the gear icon.
4. Choose Scan & Repair.
5. Then, click on Begin Scan.
Wait for the repair process to be finished.
6. Relaunch Modern Warfare 2.
Also Read: Fix CoD Black Ops 2 Unhandled Exception Caught Error
Method 6: Update Game
To fully enjoy Modern Warfare 2’s exciting gameplay, make sure your game is up to date and not hampered by outdated software. Failure to keep your game up to date can lead to frustrating errors like Dev error 615.
Option I: For Steam
1. Launch Steam.
2. Go to the Steam LIBRARY.
3. Click on HOME, Right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
4. Select Properties.
5. Then, click on the UPDATES tab.
6. Check that the option to Automatically keep this game up to date is enabled.
Option II: For Battle.net
1. Go to Battle.net and log in to your account.
2. Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and then click the Gear icon.
Check for updates and install if there are any available updates.
You can avoid such Dev Error or any other issues and enjoy a smoother gaming experience by regularly checking for updates and keeping your game up to date.
Also Read: 12 Common Infinite Warfare Errors and Fixes
Method 7: Reinstall Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
If all other methods have been tried and tested and you are searching for one last resort to work for you, then this method must be the one. But you must uninstall the game and then install it again. And we are pretty sure this should work, as it will replace all the corrupt files if there are any, and help you get rid of Dev Error 615. We know reinstalling can be boring and frustrating and no one wants to do it. But, if any of the above-mentioned methods didn’t work for you then you always have this solution of reinstalling the game.
Here are the steps to it if you have the game installed on a PC:
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a program.
3. Look for Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2 and right-click on it to Uninstall.
To Reinstall, and you have the game on your Steam then follow these steps:
1. Go to your Steam Library.
2. Search and click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and click on Install.
Once the installation is complete, launch the game and enjoy the game without the worry of Dev Error 615 popping on your screen and taking you out of the battlefield.
Also Read: Fix Dev Error 6634 in Call of Duty Warzone
Method 8: Contact Customer Support
Get in touch with the game’s Customer Support for more help if none of the solutions worked. To get in touch with Modern Warfare 2’s customer support these are the steps:
1. Visit the Activision Support website.
2. Log in to your Activision account by clicking on the LOG IN button.
3. Under I need help with section, select Modern Warfare 2.
4. Then select the platform, for which you want the solution.
5. Select the topic Feedback and Bug Reporting.
6. On the Issue tab, select the I want to report a bug option.
7. Then, on the next window, click on Report a bug in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
8. Then on the last page, fill in the boxes and describe the bug or error and then click on Submit.
Wait for Activision’s support team to reach you and provide you with the solutions to fix the error.
These are all the possible solutions you can use when Dev Error 615 is ruining your Modern Warfare 2 gameplay.
We hope that this article on How to fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2 has helped you. With the various fixes provided, be it checking the server status, or reinstalling Modern Warfare 2 to get that annoying Dev Error 615 out of the equation, you can enjoy the ever-thrilling action of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s gameplay without any worries. If you have any more queries or suggestions, you can always leave them in the comment section below.
Fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most popular first-person shooter games of all time. Unfortunately, some players have been experiencing an issue with the game known as Dev Error 615. This error can be caused by a variety of issues, but luckily there are a few steps you can take to try and fix it.
Step 1: Update Your Graphics Card Drivers
The first step to take when trying to fix Dev Error 615 is to make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause a variety of issues, so it’s important to make sure they are up to date. You can do this by visiting the website of your graphics card manufacturer and downloading the latest drivers.
Step 2: Verify the Integrity of Your Game Files
The next step is to verify the integrity of your game files. This can be done by launching the game, then going to the “Library” tab in the Steam client. Right-click on Modern Warfare 2 and select “Properties”, then click on the “Local Files” tab. Finally, click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
Step 3: Disable Overclocking
If you have overclocked your graphics card, it’s possible that this could be causing the Dev Error 615. To fix this, you should disable any overclocking you have enabled. This can be done by entering your graphics card’s BIOS and disabling any overclocking settings.
Step 4: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above steps have worked, then the last resort is to reinstall the game. This can be done by going to the “Library” tab in the Steam client, right-clicking on Modern Warfare 2, and selecting “Uninstall”. Once the game has been uninstalled, you can then reinstall it from the Steam store.
Dev Error 615 can be a frustrating issue to deal with, but luckily there are a few steps you can take to try and fix it. Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, verify the integrity of your game files, disable any overclocking you have enabled, and if all else fails, reinstall the game. Hopefully one of these steps will help you get back into the game and enjoy Modern Warfare 2 once again.