1. Clean the Apple Watch: Before attempting any scratch repair, it’s important to clean the Apple Watch. Use a soft, lint-free cloth and a mild soap and water solution to gently wipe away any dirt or debris.
2. Use a Microfiber Cloth: A microfiber cloth is a great tool for removing scratches from the Apple Watch. Gently rub the cloth in a circular motion over the scratch. This should help to reduce the appearance of the scratch.
3. Use a Polishing Compound: If the scratch is still visible after using the microfiber cloth, you can try using a polishing compound. Apply a small amount of the compound to the scratch and gently rub it in a circular motion. This should help to reduce the appearance of the scratch.
4. Use a Metal Polish: If the scratch is still visible after using the polishing compound, you can try using a metal polish. Apply a small amount of the polish to the scratch and gently rub it in a circular motion. This should help to reduce the appearance of the scratch.
5. Use a Glass Polishing Kit: If the scratch is still visible after using the metal polish, you can try using a glass polishing kit. Apply a small amount of the polish to the scratch and gently rub it in a circular motion. This should help to reduce the appearance of the scratch.
6. Use a Screen Protector: To help prevent future scratches, you can use a screen protector. This will help to protect the Apple Watch from scratches and other damage.
Are you looking for Apple Watch scratch repair tips and suggestions, to restore your device to its once-pristine appearance? We are here to help.
The Apple Watch is a stylish and functional device that becomes increasingly popular over the years. However, despite its sleek design, durable build, and amazing technology, it is still susceptible to scratches and other types of physical damage.
Remember how upset you were the first time you saw a scratch on your Apple Watch? Whether you accidentally brushed it against a hard surface or wore it during a strenuous workout, scratches can detract from the device’s overall appearance and even affect its functionality.
Fortunately, there are several methods to repair scratches on your Apple Watch, ranging from DIY remedies to professional repair services. We’ll cover everything you need to know about Apple Watch scratch repair, from scrape protection to prevention to removal.
What Causes Scratches on Apple Watches?
Before we dive into removing scratches from your Apple Watch, it’s essential to understand why surface scrapes happen in the first place.
Apple Watches are made from durable materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, and sapphire crystal. All of which can withstand a fair amount of wear and tear. However, even the toughest materials are not immune to scratches, especially when you use them daily. You have to accept that even the most technologically advanced gadgets like your iPhone, may run into troubles of some sort from time to time.
Some common causes of scratches on Apple Watches include:
- Friction – Your watch may sustain scratches if it rubs against a hard or abrasive surface, such as a desk, concrete wall, or pavement.
- Contact with other objects – Direct contact with potentially abrasive objects, such as keys, coins, or jewelry, like perhaps in your bedside drawer.
- Impact – Your watch may sustain scratches if it falls or bumps against a hard surface.
- Wear and tear – Over time, your watch may develop scratches due to normal wear and tear.
While it’s almost impossible to prevent scratches altogether, there are several things you can do to minimize them from happening on your Apple Watch.
Tips for Preventing Scratches on Apple Watches
To prevent scratches from occurring on your Apple Watch, consider the following tips:
- Use a protective case or cover – You can purchase a protective case or cover for your Apple Watch, which helps prevent scratches. These accessories come in various styles and materials, such as silicone, leather, and plastic. They are easily removable when you don’t need or like them anymore.
- Be mindful of where you wear your watch – Avoid wearing your Apple Watch in environments that are likely to cause scratches, such as construction sites, workshops, or outdoor activities.
- Store your watch properly – When you’re not wearing your Apple Watch, store it in a safe place, such as a drawer or a protective case.
- Clean your watch regularly – Clean your watch regularly with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove any dirt or debris that could scratch the surface.
- Consider a screen protector – You can purchase a screen protector for your Apple Watch, which helps prevent scratches on the screen.
DIY Apple Watch Scratch Repair Methods
If your Apple Watch already has scratches, there are several methods you can use to remove them. However, be mindful of the potential risks of trying to remove the scratches by yourself. It’s a time-saver, for sure, but you could do more damage if you are not careful in taking a DIY approach.
Here are some of the most popular DIY remedies for Apple Watch scratch repair:
Toothpaste is a common household item you can use to remove scratches from Apple Watches.
Here’s how to do it:
- Dab a small amount of toothpaste onto a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Rub the toothpaste onto the scratched area of the watch using a circular motion and continue rubbing the toothpaste onto the watch until the scratch disappears.
- Rinse the watch with a damp cloth and dry it with a clean dry cloth.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another easy option to remove scratches from your Apple Watch. You probably have some in your home as it is a very common household item. Here’s how to do it:
- Mix one part baking soda with two parts water to create a paste.
- Apply the paste onto a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Gently rub the paste onto the scratched area of the watch using a circular motion and continue rubbing the paste onto the watch until the scratch disappears.
- Rinse the watch with a tiny amount of water and dry it with a clean cloth.
PolyWatch is a specialized product you can use to remove scratches from metal surfaces, such as those found on Apple Watches. Here’s how to use PolyWatch to repair scratches on your Apple Watch:
- Apply a small amount of PolyWatch onto a soft, lint-free cloth. Or use the polishing cloth or brush that comes with the PolyWatch product.
- Rub the PolyWatch onto the scratched area of the watch using a circular motion and continue rubbing the metal polish onto the watch until the scratch disappears.
- Rinse the watch with water and dry it with a clean cloth.
Sandpaper is a more aggressive method for removing scratches from Apple Watches and you should only use it as a last resort. But even then, proceed with extreme caution.
Here’s how to use sandpaper to repair scratches on your Apple Watch:
- Choose an ultra fine-grit sandpaper, such as 2000-grit or higher.
- Lightly sand the scratched area of the watch using a circular motion and continue sanding the watch until the scratch disappears.
- Rinse the watch with a small amount of water or a damp cloth. Then wipe it with a clean dry cloth.
Note: Be extremely careful when using sandpaper, as it can cause more damage to your watch than scratches if not used properly.
Professional Repair Services to Remove Scratches from your Apple Watch
In case you don’t want to risk damaging your Apple Watch further or the DIY methods didn’t work for you, you can take your watch to a professional repair service. If you have Apple Care+ it can be pretty simple and affordable to get your Apple Watch fixed. If not, you can still go to a third-party repair professional.
5. Apple Care+
Apple Care+ is an optional extended warranty service offered by Apple that provides additional coverage for your Apple products. It includes accidental damages, such as sustaining scratches on your Apple Watch.
An Apple technician will assess the damage to your Apple Watch and determine the best course of action. In some cases, they may replace your watch altogether, while in others, they may simply remove the scratches. If the scrapes are minor, they may be able to buff them out or apply a special coating to cover them up.
Steps to get the scratches in your Apple Watch removed through Apple Care+:
- Check if you have Apple Care+ for your Apple Watch. You can do this by going to the Apple Support website and entering your Apple Watch serial number. It will display on the screen if you have Apple Care+ coverage.
- Determine if your Apple Care+ plan includes coverage for accidental damage. Apple Care+ plans have different coverage options, so make sure you know what is included in your plan.
- Contact Apple Support to start the repair process. You can do this by calling or chatting with a representative through the Apple Support website. They will guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary information.
- Apple will assess the damage to your Apple Watch and determine the best course of action. This may involve sending your device in for repair or replacement.
- Apple will provide a repair cost estimate if your Apple Watch is repairable. If you agree to the cost, you can proceed with the repair. If not, you may opt to decline the offered services and pay the assessment fee.
After the repair is completed, your Apple Watch will be returned to you. Make sure to follow any instructions provided by Apple to ensure that your device is set up properly.
By the way, you may still need to pay a certain repair fee even if you have Apple Care+. The amount depends on the extent of the damage and the cost of the repair or replacement. However, having Apple Care+ can still save you money in the long run. It covers the cost of two incidental damages during the coverage period.
6. Other Professional Apple Watch Scratch Repair Services
If you’re not comfortable using DIY remedies to repair scratches on your Apple Watch and you don’t have AppleCare+, you may want to consider other professional Apple Watch scratch repair services. There are many repair vendors, including Best Buy, FixIt Mobile, and VertzPro.
You’ll need to send the watch in or bring it to a local repair shop, so repair techs can look at your Apple Watch and decide the best way to fix the scratches. Just be aware that Apple Watch repairs can be costly sometimes. So, always get a quote upfront to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Apple Watch Scratch Repaired!
Unsightly scratches can be upsetting for Apple Watch owners. However, there are several methods you can use to remove scratches and keep your device looking new. Your options range from DIY remedies like using toothpaste or baking soda to professional Apple Watch scratch repair services.
By following the tips for preventing scratches and using the methods outlined in this article, you can keep your Apple Watch looking its best for years to come.