Are you having trouble with the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error? If so, you’re not alone. This error is one of the most common issues that Tinder users face. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix it. In this article, we’ll discuss nine of the most effective solutions to this problem. We’ll also provide step-by-step instructions on how to implement each one. By the end of this article, you should have a better understanding of how to fix the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error.
9 Ways to Fix Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
1. Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable and working properly.
2. Update the Tinder app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Tinder app installed on your device.
3. Clear the app cache: Go to your device’s settings and clear the app cache for Tinder.
4. Reinstall the app: Uninstall the Tinder app and then reinstall it from the app store.
5. Restart your device: Restart your device and then try to open the Tinder app again.
6. Log out and log back in: Log out of your Tinder account and then log back in.
7. Contact Tinder support: If the issue persists, contact Tinder support for further assistance.
8. Use a VPN: Try using a VPN to connect to the internet and then open the Tinder app.
9. Use a different device: Try using a different device to open the Tinder app.
Tinder has over 75 million subscribers, making it one of the most popular dating apps online. No matter how much this dating application is popular, it still faces some issues when it comes to logging in, processing in-app purchases, or swiping from left to right to look for individuals and match with them. Along with it, many users have also complained fix something went wrong error in Tinder, which is also a common occurrence. If you are someone dealing with the same errors on Tinder then you have come to the right place. To your rescue, we have gathered different methods to fix Tinder something went wrong 40036 and 40314 error under one roof. So, without delaying any further let us get started with fixing these errors right away.
Ways to Fix Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
In this guide, we bring to a helpful guide that will teach you fix something went wrong error on Tinder app.
What is Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error?
Error code 40036 on Tinder is an issue that shows up when users attempt to buy something inside the app, for instance, by updating to Tinder Plus. This issue is related to purchases on Tinder and can be caused due to incomplete purchases as Tinder does not accept credit cards.
What Causes Tinder Something Went Wrong Error?
A purchase error while buying something on Tinder, like upgrading to Tinder Plus can arise due to a number of issues listed below:
- Server Issues: Server-related problem is the most common when you cannot make a purchase on Tinder. If the application is running busy or is under maintenance, it might not work properly. Thus, causing issues when you try to make an in-app purchase.
- Temporary App Bugs: Another reason behind error code 40036 are temporary bugs in the app. This issue can be resolved simply by restarting Tinder on your device.
- Poor Internet Speed: A prominent reason behind error 40314 is a weak or low internet connection that can stop you from using the app.
- Corrupt Cache App: The corrupt Tinder cache is responsible for triggering the error code 40036 as well as 40314.
- Outdated App: If your app is running on an outdated version, you must update it to avoid issues with purchasing and network problems in Tinder.
- Wrong Card Details: If you enter your card details improperly while making a purchase on Tinder, you can encounter error code 40036.
- Corrupt Installation Files: If your application files are corrupt, you must reinstall the app again to fix the respective error code.
How to Fix Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
Fixing a purchase-related error along with network problems on Tinder is easy to deal with some tested and tried troubleshooting methods that are listed below:
Method 1: Restart Tinder
You can also try restarting Tinder on your device to fix temporary bugs and glitches. Internal Tinder issues have been known to trigger Tinder something went wrong 40036 error. Therefore, you must restart the application and launch it again on your Android phone to fix the error.
1. Close the Tinder application on your Android phone.
2. Now, tap on the task view icon at the bottom of your home screen and tap on the Close all option.
3. Finally, relaunch the Tinder application on your device and try to make the same purchase again to check if the error code has been resolved.
Method 2: Wait for Tinder Server Uptime
First and foremost, as a Tinder user, you should check the server status of the application online. Tinder servers under maintenance or server outage can stop you from operating the app and processing your in-app purchase, leading to error code 40036. So, check the server status of Tinder via a third-party website, known as Downdetector, and get live updates about the app’s performance.
Also Read: Can I Make a New Tinder Account After Being Banned?
Method 3: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Issues
Internet connection is extremely important while using Tinder. A weak or stable internet connection can stop you from using Tinder features properly resulting in the error code. Therefore, to fix Tinder something went wrong 40314 error, check your internet connection and if some issue is found, refer to our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone.
Method 4: Update Tinder
Updating the Tinder app is also essential in order to fix something went wrong 40314. If you are running an older version of the Tinder app then you might face some network connectivity errors like error code 40314. Therefore, you must ensure that the app is updated with the latest version which you can do with the help of our guide on How to Automatically Update All Android Apps At Once.
Method 5: Verify Card Details
Wrong card details are a mistake that usually go unnoticed in case of something went wrong 40036 error in Tinder. So, if you are unable to purchase in Tinder then you should check if you have entered wrong card details while making the in-app purchase. You must cross-check details on your card with the details entered in the Tinder payment options. Once the credentials have been checked, proceed with the payment see if you can now purchase or not.
Also Read: How to Bypass Tinder Phone Number Verification
Method 6: Clear App Cache
Cache stored on your Android phone helps in the app loading process. However, the same stored cache can become corrupt when it builds up and causes Tinder something went wrong error. In this case, clearing the Tinder app cache comes in handy that removes bugs from it. So, in order to clear Tinder cache, you can take the help of our guide on How to Clear Cache on Android Phone (And Why Is It Important).
Method 7: Process Payment Via Website
You can also give a chance to processing payment via website option if the Tinder app you are using is not working fine and is resulting in error code 40036. You can skip several attempts of processing the payment via the app and switch to a website for it by following the steps below:
1. Launch the Google Chrome application on your desktop or laptop.
2. Now, open the official Tinder website in the browser and click on the Log in button at the top.
3. Finally, make the payment in your Tinder account and check if the error code 40036 has been resolved.
Also Read: Fix Tinder Matches Disappeared on Android
Method 8: Reinstall Tinder
If you are still unable to resolve Tinder something went wrong 40314 error then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the application on your phone. This method will help you fix bugs withing the app’s installation files. You can reinstall Tinder by following the steps given below:
1. Open the Settings application on your Android phone.
2. Tap on Apps.
3. Select Tinder app from the list.
4. Now, tap on the Uninstall option.
5. Next, tap on OK to confirm the process.
6. Next, launch the Play Store application on your phone and search Tinder in it.
7. Now, tap on the Install button for Tinder.
Finally, launch Tinder and check if Tinder something went wrong 40036 error has been resolved.
Also Read: Tinder Rolls Out New Safety Features
Method 9: Create New Tinder Account
Finally, to fix something went wrong error, you can try deleting your Tinder account if you are still unable to complete a purchase. Making a new account will help you with making in-app purchases but before you do that delete your old account first.
Note: Deleting your old Tinder account will remove all your matches, messages, and other information associated with it.
1. Sign in to your Tinder account from your device.
2. Next, tap on the profile icon in it.
3. Now, go to Tinder Settings.
4. Finally, scroll down and select Delete Account.
5. Tap on Delete My Account >.
Note: Also, you can tap on PAUSE MY ACCOUNT to pause your account instead of deleting it.
6. Choose the desired reason for the deletion of your account.
7. Tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
Once your account has been deleted, make a new Tinder account and try making the same purchase in it to check if the error has been fixed.
This brings us to the end of our guide on Tinder something went wrong 40036. We hope that all your queries about error something went wrong in Tinder were answered. If you have other doubts to ask, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
9 Ways to Fix Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error
Are you getting the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This error is a common issue that many users have experienced. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to fix it.
1. Restart Your Device
The first step to take when you encounter the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error is to restart your device. This will help to clear any temporary files or settings that may be causing the issue. To restart your device, simply hold down the power button until it shuts off, then turn it back on.
2. Update Your App
If you’re still getting the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error after restarting your device, the next step is to make sure your app is up to date. To do this, open the App Store and search for Tinder. If there is an update available, install it and then try using the app again.
3. Clear App Cache
If updating the app doesn’t work, the next step is to clear the app’s cache. This will help to remove any temporary files that may be causing the issue. To do this, open the Settings app and select Apps. Find Tinder in the list and tap it, then select Storage and tap Clear Cache.
4. Reinstall the App
If clearing the app’s cache doesn’t work, the next step is to reinstall the app. To do this, open the App Store and search for Tinder. Tap the Uninstall button and then reinstall the app. Once it’s installed, try using it again.
5. Check Your Internet Connection
If you’re still getting the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error, the next step is to check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable connection, as this can help to resolve the issue. If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, try switching to a cellular connection or vice versa.
6. Log Out and Log Back In
If your internet connection is working properly, the next step is to log out of the app and then log back in. This will help to reset any settings that may be causing the issue. To do this, open the app and tap the profile icon in the top-right corner. Tap Log Out and then log back in.
7. Contact Tinder Support
If none of the above steps have worked, the next step is to contact Tinder support. They will be able to provide further assistance and help you resolve the issue. To contact them, open the app and tap the profile icon in the top-right corner. Tap Help and then select Contact Us.
8. Use an Alternative App
If you’re still getting the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error, you may want to consider using an alternative app. There are a number of dating apps available that you can use instead. Do some research and find one that suits your needs.
9. Reset Your Device
If all else fails, the last resort is to reset your device. This will help to clear any settings or files that may be causing the issue. To do this, open the Settings app and select General. Tap Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. This will reset your device to its factory settings.
These are the steps you can take to fix the Tinder Something Went Wrong 40036 Error. If you’re still having trouble, contact Tinder support for further assistance. Good luck!