Music is therapy as it allows you to relax and you can get out of a bad mood just by listening to a piece of pleasant music. When you are in the dire need of music and it shows Spotify oops something went wrong, we know how it feels. It adds more pain because you will have to now decide which song you want to play as you cannot access your playlist. But you do not have to worry because we have provided the solution on how to fix Something Went Wrong Spotify on Windows 10. We have also provided how to fix Spotify login something went wrong on Windows 10 and Spotify something went wrong try reloading the page error on Windows 10. Keep reading to know in detail about it.
How to Fix Something Went Wrong Spotify Error on Windows 10
Before we begin with methods let us discuss the causes. There are multiple reasons for something went wrong Spotify error on Windows 10. We have listed the causes so you can fix the problem in a better manner and able to resolve it next time on your own if the error pops up again in the future-
- Poor internet connection.
- Outdated Spotify app.
- Cache files.
- Spotify bugs.
- Corrupt/Missing application file.
- Incompatible web browser.
- Issues due to VPN.
We have listed some common and easy methods that you can try before you move on to advanced methods. These methods are listed below-
- Try to Restart your Windows to clear apps and processes running in the background.
- Check that your PC is connected to internet.
- Restart Spotify.
- Log out and log in the Spotify app.
Method 1: Wait for Spotify Server Uptime
Many times, fault maybe not be from your side and it is not a wise decision to simply reinstall the app or clear the cache files. All you need to do is check Spotify Status and if it is down, please wait for some time till it gets fixed from the Spotify side. This is a common method for both Windows and Android.
Method 2: Switch to Different Browser
Sometimes an error can be because of the incompatibility of the web browser with Spotify. So, you can try a different web browser to fix Spotify something went wrong try reloading the page error on Windows 10. We have provided a list of browsers for your convenience. Choose any of them-
Also Read: Fix Spotify Web Player Not Working (Step by step Guide)
Method 3: Enable Private Session Mode
Follow the steps to disable private session mode on Windows 10.
1. Follow the steps from 1 to 2 listed in the clear Spotify cache method above.
2. After that, click on the Private session option.
Method 4: Clear Spotify Cache
To clear the Spotify cache on Windows 10, follow the steps listed below.
1. In the Windows Cortana box search Spotify and click on the Open option.
2. Now, click on the User icon.
3. Here, tap on the Settings icon.
4. Scroll down and under the storage option click on the Clear cache option.
Note: The picture illustrated below has no cache files in the Spotify app so the clear cache option is not enabled.
Method 5: Update Spotify Desktop App
Another easy way to fix Something went wrong Spotify error on Windows 10 is to update the Spotify app. Steps to update the Spotify app on Windows are listed below-
1. Open the Spotify app.
2. Then, click on your Profile on Spotify in the top left corner.
3. Select About Spotify from the drop-down menu.
4. A pop-up window will appear, and it will show the current version of Spotify that you have installed.
Method 6: Disable VPN and Proxy Server
You can disable VPN as many times VPN can cause trouble. We have provided the methods on How to disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix Spotify Not Opening on Windows 10
Method 7: Flush and Reset the DNS Cache
We have provided the link for you that can guide you on how to flush and reset the DNS Cache in Windows 10.
Method 8: Reinstall Spotify Program
Follow the steps to reinstall the Spotify app on Windows 10-
1. Search for Add or remove programs and click on Open, as depicted below.
2. Here, search for Spotify and select it as shown.
3. Click on Uninstall button and confirm Uninstall in the pop up too, as illustrated below.
4. Hit the Windows key, type Microsoft Store and click on Open.
5. Search for Spotify app and click on Get option.
Note: After installing Spotify, you will find Open option to launch the app.
If you still face the error then you can move on to the next method.
Method 9: Contact Spotify Support
You can contact the Support Page of Spotify if the error is still not resolved.
How to Fix Spotify Login Something Went Wrong on Windows 10
If the error pops Spotify login something went wrong on Windows 10 you can check the server status by following the method presented above. You can also refer to the link How to Fix Can’t Log In to Spotify with Correct Password? To resolve Spotify something went wrong try reloading the page error on Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I clear Spotify cache?
Ans. We have listed the methods for both windows and android. Please refer to the article above.
Q2. Why does Spotify keep saying oops something went wrong?
Ans. Please refer to the article above, we have provided the methods.
Q3. How do I fix oops something went wrong?
Ans. You can refer to the methods listed above to resolve Something Went Wrong Spotify error on Windows PC.
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix Something Went Wrong Spotify error on Windows 10. If you still have any queries, then feel free to ask them in the comment section below.