1. Clear Your Cache and Cookies
One of the most common causes of Steam Store buttons not working is a corrupted cache or cookies. Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve this issue. To do this, open your browser and go to the Settings menu. Then, select the Privacy and Security tab and click on Clear Browsing Data. Select the option to clear your cache and cookies and then restart your browser.
2. Update Your Browser
If your browser is out of date, it may be causing the Steam Store buttons to not work properly. To update your browser, open the Settings menu and select the About tab. Then, click on the Update button to install the latest version of your browser.
3. Disable Browser Extensions
Browser extensions can sometimes interfere with the Steam Store buttons. To disable any extensions, open the Settings menu and select the Extensions tab. Then, toggle off any extensions that you don’t need.
4. Disable Ad Blockers
Ad blockers can also interfere with the Steam Store buttons. To disable any ad blockers, open the Settings menu and select the Privacy and Security tab. Then, toggle off any ad blockers that you have installed.
5. Reset Your Network Settings
If your network settings are incorrect, it can cause the Steam Store buttons to not work properly. To reset your network settings, open the Settings menu and select the Network tab. Then, click on the Reset Network Settings button.
6. Reinstall Steam
If the Steam Store buttons still aren’t working, you may need to reinstall Steam. To do this, open the Steam client and select the Settings menu. Then, click on the Uninstall button and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Steam. Once it’s uninstalled, you can reinstall it from the official website.
7. Contact Steam Support
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact Steam Support for further assistance. You can do this by visiting the Steam Support website and submitting a ticket.
8. Use a Different Browser
If all else fails, you may need to use a different browser to access the Steam Store. Some browsers are better optimized for Steam than others, so try using a different one and see if that helps.
Millions of gamers rely on the Steam Store to purchase, download, and play their favorite games. However, users may experience issues where the store’s buttons do not function properly, preventing them from making purchases or navigating the platform effectively. This can be a frustrating experience, but the good news is that there are several solutions available to try to resolve the problem. This article will guide you through the steps necessary to troubleshoot and resolve the issue of Steam Store buttons not working. But first, let’s know why are Steam buttons not working.
Ways to Fix Steam Store Buttons Not Working
Here, you will get to know about Steam buttons not working issue in detail.
Why are Steam Buttons not Working?
There can be several reasons why Steam buttons are not working, including:
- One of the reasons why Steam buttons may not be working is because the Steam client software is outdated.
- Another common reason for Steam buttons not working is conflicts with other software on the computer. This can include anti-virus software, firewall settings, or other applications that may interfere with the normal functioning of the Steam Store.
- Corrupt game files, and issues with the Steam servers.
- Problems with the browser or browser extensions can also cause Steam buttons to stop working.
- Outdated graphics card drivers can also cause Steam buttons to not work properly.
Now, let’s know why Steam Deck buttons not working.
Why are Steam Deck Buttons Not Working?
When using the Steam Deck, a portable gaming controller from Valve Corporation, users frequently report that steam can’t click on anything. There could be several reasons why the buttons on the Steam Deck aren’t working, including:
- Outdated firmware: To resolve button issues, the Steam Deck may require a firmware update.
- Connection issues: The Steam Deck may be improperly connected to the device, resulting in button issues.
- Battery problems: If the battery is low, the Steam Deck, including the buttons, may not function properly.
- Other applications or software on the device may be interfering with the Steam Deck, resulting in button issues.
- Physical damage: If the Steam Deck is dropped or suffers physical damage, it may cause button problems.
- Problems with calibration: If the Steam Deck is not properly calibrated, the buttons may not work as intended.
- Hardware flaws: In some cases, the Steam Deck’s buttons are simply defective and must be replaced.
Users can take the appropriate steps to resolve the problem and restore the full functionality of their Steam Deck by understanding the potential causes of Steam Deck buttons not working issues. Now, let’s head to the main part of the article, fix the Steam Store buttons not working.
How to Fix Steam Store Buttons Not Working
If you’ve shown up here, you’re probably having trouble navigating the Steam Store because some buttons aren’t working. So, we have provided some methods to fix the issue of Steam Store buttons not working, here are they:
Method 1: Wait for Server Uptime
Users can also go to DownDetector website. This website monitors a number of servers, including Steam. Users can simply go to the website, type in Steam, and see other user reports of servers being down at various times throughout the day.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Connectivity
Restarting your router can sometimes resolve internet connectivity issues. Turn off the router, then wait 30 seconds before turning it back on. Examine the cable connections: Check that all cables, including the power cable and the Ethernet cable connecting the router to your computer, are properly connected. Read out our article on How to troubleshoot network connectivity.
Also Read: How to Fix Steam Too Many Login Failures from Network Error
Method 3: Update Steam
Hence Steam can’t click on anything or buttons are simply not working, then updating Steam can resolve the issue. To update Steam, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Steam app on your computer and log in to your account.
2. Click on Steam in the top left corner of the window.
3. From the drop-down menu, select Check for Steam Client Updates.
Steam will now check for any updates to the software and download them if any are available.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install any updates that are available.
5. After the updates have been installed, restart Steam to apply the changes.
Method 4: Re-login to Steam Account
Here are the steps to re-login to your Steam account:
1. Open the Steam app on your computer.
2. Click on your Steam Profile name at the top right corner of the window.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on Log out of account.
4. Click on LOGOUT to confirm.
5. Now, enter your ACCOUNT NAME and PASSWORD in the respective boxes, then click on Sign in.
Also Read: Fix Steam Image Failed to Upload
Method 5: Refresh Steam Store
Since Steam can’t click on anything, some users reported that simply refreshing the page resolved the issue with the Steam Store. Steam’s servers may be slowing down, causing some buttons to not load properly.
To refresh the Steam Store:
1. Right-click anywhere on the page to bring up the options menu.
2. To refresh Steam, select the Reload option.
Method 6: Clear Steam Download Cache
The Steam download cache contains data and update files for the Steam app as well as your games. If some Steam Store buttons on the platform aren’t working, try deleting your download cache and check if the problem goes away. To do that, follow these steps:
1. First, go to Steam’s Settings.
2. Then, select the Downloads tab.
3. Finally, click the Clear Download Cache button and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
Also Read: Fix AppHangB1 Error on Steam
Method 7: Reinstall Steam
If the Steam Store buttons are still not working, we recommend that you reinstall Steam on your PC. This way, you can ensure that its installation files are not corrupted and that you have the most recent version. To reinstall Steam, follow these steps:
1. Open the Steam app and click on Steam at the top left corner. Here, select the Settings option in the menu.
2. In the Downloads tab, click on STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS to open the storage manager.
3. Choose the local drive on which the games are installed. Here, we have chosen Local drive (d).
Note: The default installation location for Steam games is Local drive (c).
4. Click on the three dots and select Browse Folder to open the steamapps folder.
5. Click on the SteamLibrary as shown below to go back.
Note: If you couldn’t find SteamLibrary in the address bar, go to the previous folder and look for the SteamLibrary folder.
6. Copy the steamapps folder by pressing Ctrl + C keys together.
7. Paste the steamapps folder to another location for backup by pressing Ctrl + V keys simultaneously.
8. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, then click on Open.
9. Set View by > Category, then click on the uninstall a program option under Programs section.
10. Locate Steam and right-click on it.
11. Finally click Uninstall.
12. Click on Yes in the UAC prompt.
13. Click on Uninstall to confirm the uninstallation.
14. Click on Close once the application is entirely uninstalled from the system.
15. Click on Start, type %localappdata% and hit the Enter key.
16. Now, right-click on the Steam folder and select Delete.
17. Again, press the Windows key, type %appdata% and click on Open.
18. Delete the Steam folder as done previously.
19. Then, restart the PC.
20. Visit the Steam official site and click on INSTALL STEAM to get the Steam installation executable.
21. Click on the installed executable file to install the application and fix Steam error 26.
22. Click on Yes in the prompt.
23. In the installation wizard, click on Next >.
24. Select the desired language and click on Next >.
25. Then, click on Install.
Note: If you do not want the app installed on the default folder mentioned, choose the desired destination folder by clicking on the Browse option.
26. Wait for the Steam client to be installed and click on Finish.
27. Once the installation is complete, log in with your Steam credentials.
28. Paste the steamapps folder to the default location path.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamLibrary
Note: The location might change depending on where you download the games.
Also Read: Fix Steam Error 26 on Windows 10
Method 8: Contact Steam Support
Still, if the Steam Store buttons are not working, the only solution that is left reporting the problem to Steam Support. As they will guide you with the required steps and process to resolve your issue. With their guidance, you must be able to solve the issue.
Therefore, the Steam Store buttons not working issue is a common problem among Steam users. However, with the methods discussed in this article on fix Steam Store buttons not working, you should be able to resolve the issue and continue to enjoy your Steam games without any interruption. Whether it’s a simple cache issue or a more complex problem with your browser, following the steps outlined in this article should help you fix the Steam Store buttons in no time. If the issue persists, it’s best to contact Steam Support for further assistance. If you have any queries or suggestions, you can leave them in the comment section below.
8 Ways to Fix Steam Store Buttons Not Working
If you’re a Steam user, you may have encountered the issue of Steam store buttons not working. This can be a frustrating problem, as it can prevent you from accessing the store and purchasing games. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix this issue.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The first step you should take is to check your internet connection. Make sure that your connection is stable and that you have a good signal. If your connection is weak or unstable, it could be causing the Steam store buttons to not work.
2. Clear Your Cache
Another potential fix is to clear your browser’s cache. This can help to remove any corrupted files that may be causing the issue. To do this, open your browser’s settings and look for the option to clear your cache.
3. Update Your Browser
If you’re using an outdated version of your browser, this could be causing the issue. Make sure that you’re using the latest version of your browser, as this can help to ensure that the Steam store buttons are working properly.
4. Disable Ad Blockers
Ad blockers can sometimes interfere with the Steam store buttons. If you’re using an ad blocker, try disabling it and see if this helps to fix the issue.
5. Disable VPNs
If you’re using a VPN, this could be causing the issue. Try disabling your VPN and see if this helps to fix the issue.
6. Reinstall Steam
If none of the above steps have worked, you may need to reinstall Steam. This can help to ensure that all of the necessary files are in place and that the Steam store buttons are working properly.
7. Contact Steam Support
If you’re still having issues, you may need to contact Steam support. They can help to diagnose the issue and provide you with further assistance.
8. Try a Different Browser
If all else fails, you may need to try a different browser. Some browsers are better suited for Steam than others, so try using a different one and see if this helps to fix the issue.