NBA2K is a popular basketball simulation video game series. The game series is developed by Visual Concepts and is released annually since its release two decades ago. NBA2K is can be played on different platforms including PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo, and more. However, recently many players have complained while logging into the 2K servers and encountering NBA 2K17 error code EFEAB30C. This prevents players from playing any mode involving multiplayer components. Today’s doc contains all the details about error EFEAB30C 2K17, what causes it, and different methods to fix it. So, let us begin with the guide on NBA 2K17 error and find you a perfect solution for the same.
How to Fix NBA 2K17 Error Code EFEAB30C
The mentioned error code appears while facing issues with accessing the latest data available. There are a number of reasons that trigger this problem in NBA 2K17:
- This error might occur if the game you are trying to access is running on an outdated version.
- Another reason can be if you exceed the limit of the maximum number of 2K accounts that can be created on a single console.
- If your game account email is not verified, you can encounter the error.
- It might also be caused due to third-party software blocking your game connection to the servers.
- If the game’s reserved space has been cleared from your hard drive, the error can occur.
- Another reason can also be missing or out-of-sync data from the game.
There are a number of troubleshooting methods that can help you with fixing the said error. Follow the fixes in the order they are mentioned to get the best possible results:
Method 1: Restart Xbox Console
This method helps in overcoming minor glitches or bugs that can interfere while you try to connect to Xbox Live. So, perform a basic restart using the steps given below:
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller for few seconds to open Power Center.
2. Now, select Restart console option as shown in the picture below.
3. Finally, select the Restart option to confirm and proceed with the process.
Method 2: Power Cycle Xbox Console
The easiest way to resolve NBA 2K17 error is by restarting your Xbox console. Let us look at how you can perform a simple restart using the steps below:
1. In case you are using an NBA 2K17 disc, remove the disc first. If not, skip this step and move to the next one.
2. Disconnect cables that are attached to your console.
3. Now, press and hold the Xbox button for a few seconds and turn off the console completely.
4. After a few minutes, connect the cables to the console and hold the Xbox button again to turn it on this time.
5. Once done, insert the disc back into the console and start the game to check if the error EFEAB30C 2K17 has been resolved.
Also Read: Fix Xbox One Error 0x80a40019
Method 3: Update NBA 2K17
The next method that you can attempt involves updating NBA 2K17 to the latest version available. If you are currently playing the game on its older version while the new update has been deployed, you are bound to encounter the error. Usually, the error is seen on platforms like PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. This error prevents you from accessing any game mode that involves online components. As the game is played on different platforms, below separate steps are provided for PC and console users that will help them to update NBA 2K17:
Note: The following steps can be performed by PC users:
1. Try restarting the game in offline mode a couple of times to resolve the error.
2. Steam users can click on the Update option and check for the pending updates of the game.
3. Once the update has been downloaded and installed, restart the system.
Note: The following steps can be performed by Console users:
1. Console users can simply close and restart the game.
2. You can also navigate to the Downloads section in Console Dashboard.
3. Find the latest version update available for NBA 2K17.
4. Select the update and allow its download.
5. Once the installation is complete, check if NBA 2K17 error code EFEAB30C is fixed.
Method 4: Verify Registered Email Account
Account verification is required while playing NBA 2K17, if it is not done already, you must complete the verification process to avoid issues in accessing the game online. Especially, this method is extremely helpful for new game users. Verification requires a system as it cannot be processed via game directly. To verify the registered email account, follow the steps below:
1. Launch the browser of your choice on PC and open the NBA2K website.
2. Now, click on the SIGN IN button at the top right.
3. Next, select the platform you are playing the game on.
4. Now, Sign in to your account using your correct credentials.
5. Once logged in, your account will be verified and a verification link will be sent to your email.
6. On verifying the email ID, try running the game to check if the error has been resolved.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Your 2K Account
Method 5: Add Game to Firewall Exception
PC users can encounter error code EFEAB30C due to Windows Firewall restrictions that stop the third-party game downloaded on your PC to launch. This usually occurs due to Firewall policies that inhibit the use of an application or program with the possibility of a virus. To avoid this possibility, you can add the exception of the NBA2K game to Firewall. You can learn about how to Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall with the help of our detailed guide.
Method 6: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Apart from Windows Firewall interfering with NBA2K access on your PC, some third-party applications can also cause the said error. These third-party programs are usually the antivirus installed on your device that protects you from viruses and malware. Therefore, you can try disabling your antivirus temporarily to run the game without any problem. You can check out How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 guide to know more about how to attempt this method.
Also Read: How to Turn Off McAfee Antivirus on Windows
Method 7: Use Linked Account to Play Game
There is a limit of maximum of 5 accounts that can be linked to NBA2K. On trying to add one more account, your maximum account limit will exceed and you will be exposed to NBA 2K17 error code EFEAB30C. This is also considered spamming or abuse of the NBA2K policy. It can also get your account blocked. Therefore, you must use the accounts that are already linked to the game to play it.
Method 8: Reinstall Game Without Deleting System Data
The last method that can help you resolve the NBA2K error is to reinstall the game on your device without losing its data. The following steps will help you to recover your game progress while resolving game issues:
1. Open the Run prompt box, press the Windows icon key and R key.
3. Now, select NBA from the list of options available.
4. Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
5. During uninstallation, a message will pop-up asking if you want to keep the game files or not. Click on Yes to keep the files.
6. Then, restart the system after uninstallation is complete.
7. Next, reinstall the game via Steam or Origin. You can also install the game disc for reinstallation.
8. During installation, a message stating Installer is Retrieving Files will pop up. Do not cancel it until the process is complete.
9. Finally, launch the game and explore the game options and check if the error EFEAB30C 2K17 has been resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does NBA2K have a practice mode?
Ans. Yes, there is a practice mode in NBA2K. Currently, there are two practice modes in the game. One is freestyle practice mode and another one is dribbling and scrimmage mode.
Q2. Is NBA2K available on Steam?
Ans. Yes, NBA2K is available on Steam. Any user can download and enjoy NBA on Steam on their PC.
Q3. Can I play 2K17 offline?
Ans. Yes, MyGM and MyCAREER modes can be played offline. However, game modes in NBA 2K17 that earns or uses VC will be affected along with other online functions.
Q4. Which game in 2K series is free on PC?
Ans. Currently, Epic Games has selected NBA 2K21 as its latest free game which is to be made available for PC users.
Q5. NBA 2K17 is how many GB?
Ans. The game file size of NBA 2K17 needs at least 70 GB of free disk space on a device.
We hope that our guide on NBA 2K17 error code EFEAB30C was informative enough and helped you in answering doubts regarding what causes this error and also multiple ways in which you can easily resolve it. Let us know your thoughts by sharing them in the comments section below. You can also give us your opinions, queries, or suggestions about other topics.