LinkedIn is quickly becoming one of the most popular social networks in the world, providing a unique platform for professionals to connect, network, and showcase their skills and accomplishments. It has become a powerful tool for job seekers, entrepreneurs, and businesses of all sizes. Video uploads are a great way to increase your presence on LinkedIn, as they draw attention to your profile and give viewers a better understanding of who you are and what you offer. Unfortunately, there are times where you face LinkedIn video upload not working issue. This can be extremely frustrating, as it can prevent you from taking advantage of the powerful marketing potential of video content. In this article, we will discuss the various reasons why video is not uploading on LinkedIn. We will explain the different types of video formats that are supported by LinkedIn, and provide some general tips on how to ensure that your video uploads are successful. Additionally, we will discuss the potential benefits of using video content on LinkedIn and how to maximize those benefits.
How to Fix LinkedIn Video Upload Not Working
Here, we have shown the troubleshooting methods to solve LinkedIn video upload not working problem in detail.
Benefits of Using Video Content on LinkedIn
Video content is a powerful tool for marketing on social media and LinkedIn is no exception. In a world where posts can be easily missed and quickly forgotten, video content stands out and can be leveraged to create an engaging experience for your target audience. Here are some potential benefits of using video content on LinkedIn.
- The first benefit of video content on LinkedIn is increased engagement. Videos can capture the attention of viewers in a way that text cannot, making them more likely to stay engaged with your content. This can lead to increased website visits and increased social media engagement, as well as more followers, shares, and likes.
- The next benefit of video content on LinkedIn is improved brand awareness. A well-made video can help you reach a wider audience and draw attention to your brand. It can also help you create a more recognizable brand identity, as viewers will be able to associate your brand with the content in the video.
- The third benefit of video content on LinkedIn is improved SEO. Videos can be optimized with keywords, titles, and descriptions, which can help your content rank higher in search engine results. This means that more people will be able to find your content, increasing your chances of gaining more followers and engagement.
- In addition, video content on LinkedIn improves lead generation. Videos can be used to promote products or services, giving viewers a better understanding of what you have to offer. This can lead to more conversions and sales, as viewers are more likely to purchase something after watching a video about it.
Why Video is Not Uploading on LinkedIn?
There are several potential reasons for Video not uploading LinkedIn, and these should be addressed to ensure that you can get your videos seen by your target audience.
- If you have any problems with your internet connection, this can lead to can’t upload video to LinkedIn.
- If you are not logged in correctly, this can also prevent the video from uploading.
- If you are using a VPN or proxy, this can interfere with the video upload process.
- Certain browser extensions can interfere with the upload process and can cause the video to not upload.
- If the browser cache or cookies are corrupted, this can cause LinkedIn video not showing.
- Certain video file types are not compatible with LinkedIn and can cause the video to not upload.
- If the video file does not meet certain requirements like LinkedIn video upload limit, it can cause the video to not upload.
- If your LinkedIn app is out of date, this can prevent the video from uploading.
- If your browser is out of date, this can also cause LinkedIn post not uploading issue.
- If the installation files of LinkedIn are misconfigured, this can prevent the video from uploading.
Ways to Fix LinkedIn Video Upload Not Working
It can be incredibly frustrating when you’re trying to upload a video to LinkedIn, only to find that it’s not working. LinkedIn videos can be a great way to showcase your skills, promote your business and engage with your network, so getting your video to upload successfully is important. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to get your LinkedIn video upload back on track as listed below.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before you follow the advanced troubleshooting methods, try these basic hacks that helps you fix why video is not uploading on LinkedIn issue on your PC.
1. Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Troubleshooting an internet connection can help to fix LinkedIn video upload not working because internet connection issues are often the cause for video uploads to fail. In addition, a full or weak signal can cause buffering or interruptions during a video upload, which can cause it to fail. If you are unable to connect to a network or are facing low connectivity issues, you can read our guide on troubleshoot network connectivity problems and resolve all possible problems that are hindering LinkedIn from working.
2. Re-Login to LinkedIn Account
Re-logging into a LinkedIn account is an effective way to fix Video not uploading LinkedIn issue. This process helps to refresh the account and clear any potential cache or browser issues that may be impeding the video upload. Additionally, re-logging ensures that the account is still active and that the user’s authentication credentials are still active and valid. Follow the steps to log in to your LinkedIn account.
1. Open LinkedIn on your browser and click on the Profile icon at the top right screen.
2. Now, click on the Sign Out option as shown.
3. Then, visit the LinkedIn login page and enter your credentials.
Then, check if you can upload videos on LinkedIn.
Also Read: How to Hide My IP Address Without VPN
3. Turn Off VPN/Proxy
Turning off a VPN/Proxy can help to fix a can’t upload video to LinkedIn issue by allowing the user to access the video platform from their local IP address. This can bypass any restrictions or security protocols that may be preventing the user from uploading their video. Additionally, the VPN/Proxy may be blocking the user from access to the necessary ports required to upload the video, which can be resolved by disabling the VPN/Proxy. If you have installed any VPN service or use proxy servers on your PC, read our guide How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 and implement the steps as instructed in the article to fix the issue.
4. Disable Browser Extensions
Disabling browser extensions can help to fix LinkedIn video upload not working as extensions can interfere with the LinkedIn website and cause issues such as videos not being able to upload. The extensions may be conflicting with the website, causing it to not be able to process the video upload. By disabling the extensions, it can resolve this issue and allow the video to upload successfully.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser and click on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
2. Here, select More tools.
3. Now, click on Extensions as shown below.
4. Finally, toggle off the Extension (e.g. Grammarly for Chrome) and others. Then, relaunch Chrome and check it sped up.
Also Read: Fix Google Chrome Disk Full Download Error
5. Clear Browser’s Cache and Cookies
Clearing browser’s cache and cookies helps to fix LinkedIn video not showing issue because it can help to remove any stored data that can interfere with the normal functioning of the browser. This includes corrupted files, temporary files, and faulty cookies which may be preventing the video upload from working properly. Read our guide How to Clear Cache and Cookies in Google Chrome to remove browser cache and cookies. If you are using some other browsers, follow the instructions appropriately.
Method 2: Use Correct Video File Types
Checking the video file types helps to fix LinkedIn post not uploading issue because incorrect file formats can prevent videos from being uploaded. Different platforms have different requirements and specifications for video files, and if a video is not formatted correctly, it will not be accepted by LinkedIn. By checking the video file types, you can make sure that the video is supported by LinkedIn and can be uploaded.
File Types Supported by LinkedIn
- MPEG-1 and MPEG-4
- VP8 and VP9
- WMV2 and WMV3
Files Not Supported by LinkedIn
- Raw Video
Also Read: Fix No Video with Supported Format and MIME type found
Method 3: Ensure Video File Requirements
Checking the video file requirements helps to fix LinkedIn video upload not working because it ensures that the file meets the size, format, and length requirements to be accepted by the platform. This eliminates any potential issues causes by LinkedIn video upload limit with the file itself, allowing the user to upload videos without any hiccups. Check if your video meets the following requirements and make changes to your videos appropriately.
- Maximum file size: 5GB
- Minimum file size: 75KB
- Maximum video duration: 15 minutes (when you upload it from a desktop) and 10 minutes (when you upload it from the LinkedIn mobile app).
- Minimum video duration: 3 seconds
- Resolution range: 256×144 to 4096×2304
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 – 2.4:1
- Frame rates: 10fps – 60 fps
- Bit rates: 192 kbps – 30 Mbps
Method 4: Update Browser
Updating browsers helps to fix LinkedIn video upload not working because the latest version of a browser is designed to be more compatible with websites and applications. It means that by updating the browser, you are ensuring that your browser has the latest features and security updates needed to run the latest website or application. Furthermore, updates can also help to make sure that your browser is secure from any malicious software or threats.
Note: In this article, steps to update Google Chrome are demonstrated. Follow the steps according to your browser.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon to expand the Settings menu.
3. Then, select Help followed by About Google Chrome as illustrated below.
4. Allow Google Chrome to search for updates. The screen will display Checking for updates message, as shown.
5A. If updates are available, click on the Update button.
5B. If Chrome is already updated then, Google Chrome is up to date message will be displayed.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix Google Chrome Error 0xc00000a5
Method 5: Switch Web Browser
Trying a different browser is a good way to troubleshoot if you face can’t upload video to LinkedIn issue. It could be possible that the current browser is not compatible with the LinkedIn video upload feature. Switching to a different browser, such as Opera, Firefox, or Edge, could help with the issue. Additionally, make sure that the browser is up to date and has all the necessary plugins and extensions.
Method 6: Try Hunter.io as an Alternative
Hunter.io is a great alternative to LinkedIn for job seekers and employers alike. It offers a more streamlined and efficient way to find candidates, recruiters, and job opportunities. Hunter.io provides a searchable database of millions of profiles, which allows users to quickly and easily find potential matches.
It also offers tools such as job alerts, salary comparison, and resume screening that are not available on LinkedIn. This makes it a great resource for both employers and job seekers. Hunter.io also offers a wide range of features that make it worth trying. For example, its searchable database is updated daily, so users always have access to the most up-to-date information. Additionally, the site offers a range of tools to help users create more targeted searches, such as job alerts, salary comparison, and resume screening.
Also Read: How to View the LinkedIn Desktop Site from Your Android/iOS
Method 7: Contact LinkedIn Support
Contacting LinkedIn Customer Support helps to fix LinkedIn video upload not working because they have the technical expertise and knowledge to accurately diagnose the issue and provide a suitable solution. They are also experienced in troubleshooting and can identify any underlying issues that may prevent videos from being uploaded. Additionally, they can provide advice and guidance on resolving the issue and solve the problem quickly and efficiently.
We hope that our guide on LinkedIn app not showing images helped you out with all your queries regarding this recurring issue and was able to resolve it with the methods given above. If you happen to have any other issues, queries, or suggestions too, please leave them in the comments section below.