Are you a selfie lover? Do you click photos of places you visit? Are you a wildlife photographer? If yes, then the camera app must be on the list of the most used applications on your device. On my phone, the discussed application is used to click selfies, flowers, and birds. But what if the Android camera not working issue comes up? The problem gets further intensified when you want to click a selfie. Do not worry; we are here to tell you the fixes for the front camera not working Android and camera app not working Samsung issues. So, please keep reading to learn about it.
12 Ways to Fix Android Camera Not Working
In this guide, we will discuss the causes first. So you will get to know why is my phone camera not working. Once you understand the reasons, you will understand why the particular methods are listed in this guide. So keep reading to learn how to fix front camera not working Android and Android camera not working. But let’s first learn why is my phone camera not working with valid and need-to-know reasons. So without further ado, let us get started!
Why is My Phone Camera Not Working?
The reasons why is my phone camera not working are listed below:
- Camera blocked by phone case
- Dirt over the lenses of a camera
- Extreme weather conditions
- Low charge on your smartphone
- Temporary glitches on the device
- Permission is not enabled for the app
- Background applications can also cause the camera not working Samsung problem
- Power saving mode is enabled on your mobile
- Insufficient storage on mobile
- Outdated software
- Conflict with a third-party application
- Lens got damaged because you dropped your phone
How to Fix Android Camera Not Working?
Now, let us move ahead and see the possible solutions or methods you can perform on your Android phone to fix the Android camera not working issue comprehensively.
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Try common methods to troubleshoot the camera app not working Samsung. These methods are easy and effective. So, we suggest you to perform these methods.
Here is the list of basic troubleshooting:
- Ensure that the phone cover is not blocking the camera. If it is blocked, then the camera screen will appear black. So, place the phone case properly.
- You must remove the dust on the lenses to keep the camera field of vision clear to take visible or clearer pictures.
- The discussed application needs a sufficient amount of power to function smoothly. So, charge your mobile phone.
- If your phone is heated up, leave the device for some time. Allow the phone to cool down.
Method 2: Restart Android Phone
Some temporary glitches can prevent the smooth functioning of the app. So you can restart your device to fix Android camera not working. Use the steps listed below to perform the same:
1. First, press and hold the Power button on the side of your phone.
2. Tap on Restart.
Method 3: Force Stop Camera App
When you force stop the discussed app, all the foreground and background processes associated with it will get ended completely. If the app is not responding, we recommend you force restart the discussed application to fix front camera not working Android. We have provided the steps for the same below:
1. Open the Settings app on your smartphone.
2. Now, swipe down and tap on Apps.
3. Then, tap on the Camera option.
4. Tap on Force stop.
Also Read: 13 Ways to Fix iPhone Camera Not Working
Method 4: Enable Camera Permission
Permission is required for the application to function correctly and save images to your device. It is usually enabled on your smartphone, but sometimes due to recent app updates, the permission might get disabled. Therefore, enable it to troubleshoot Android camera not working issue:
1. Press and hold the Camera app and tap on the Info icon (i) to open the App Info.
2. Now, tap on Permissions.
3. After that, tap on Camera.
4. Finally, choose Allow only while using the app.
Method 5: Close Background Applications
To resolve the conflict created by background applications, close the background applications. Of course, we know that you can perform it on your own. But you can read our guide on How to Kill Android Apps Running in the Background to learn different methods to close the running applications.
Also Read: Fix Droid Turbo 2 Camera Not Working
Method 6: Disable Power Saving Mode
Power saving mode increases the battery life of smartphones as it disables some of the power-consuming features. Therefore, disabling the power saving mode on mobile ensures that the front camera not working Android gets resolved. The steps to disable power saving mode are given below:
1. Open Android Settings.
2. Swipe down and tap on Battery and device care.
3. Tap on the Battery tab under Device care.
4. Turn off the toggle for the Power saving option.
Keep reading to learn about more ways to fix Android camera not working.
Method 7: Update Android OS
Another method to fix the Android camera not working is to update the Smartphone software. Updating your device ensures that all the bugs preventing your device from running smoothly get fixed. Use the steps listed below to perform the method:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Then, swipe down and tap on Software update.
3. Tap on the Download and install option.
4. Tap on the Download option.
Also Read: How to Enable Camera Access on Instagram
Method 8: Clear Camera App Cache
Another possible solution to fix the camera app not working Samsung is to clear the camera app cache. A cache stored on your mobile can build up with time and impact your smartphone performance. The steps for the same are given below:
1. Launch Settings.
2. Tap on Apps > Camera.
3. Then, tap on Storage.
4. Finally, tap on Clear cache.
Method 9: Free Up Storage
Sometimes, the phone does not have extra space to save the photos captured by mobile. As a result, a camera not working issue may be faced you. We could face the discussed problem because of insufficient storage on your mobile. Your device could click pictures when you deleted some redundant applications and photos. So, we recommend you free up storage. To free up storage on Samsung, perform the steps below:
1. Open Settings from the app drawer.
2. Swipe down and tap on Battery and device care.
3. Tap on Storage.
4. Now, select the desired folder from which you want to delete.
Note: In the image illustrated below, we have chosen Documents.
5. Select the desired files you want to remove from the device and tap on Delete.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix Android Phone Not Receiving Calls
Method 10: Uninstall Third-Party Applications
Many third-party applications on your mobile use the camera app. These apps can create conflict and result in the front camera not working Android. Therefore, you must uninstall these software from your device. Follow the steps listed below:
1. Launch Settings.
2. Next, swipe down and tap on Apps.
3. Tap on the desired third-party application you want to uninstall.
4. Tap on Uninstall.
5. Finally, tap on OK.
Method 11: Factory Reset Smartphone
Note: Before you proceed with a factory reset, ensure that the data on your Android phone is backed up.
Factory Reset is one of the methods to fix the discussed issue. If you factory reset your device, all the user data, third-party applications, and associated application data will be erased from the phone.
1. Open Settings and tap on General management.
2. Swipe down and tap on Reset.
3. Here, tap on the Factory data reset.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to factory reset your phone.
5. After the reset, launch the Camera app to see if it is working.
Method 12: Visit Phone Customer Care
If the above-mentioned solution did not help you fix the issue, you must get the camera fixed, as it can be broken. The camera can be physically changed, or it can even be repaired to make it start working. You can do this by visiting the customer care center of your mobile brand and explaining the problem with your device to the managers. For example, Samsung users can visit Samsung Smart Cafe.
We hope you learned why is my phone camera not working and how to fix the Android camera not working. Let us know which method has worked for you. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.